spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
RoyalCardMan said:
Well, how do you know the Tortiose actually adopted the baby Hippo? You don't know what the animals were thinking(if you know, then please tell me).

An old cat that my family had, once protected a bird from out other cat, she was very friendly and maternal and liked to protect all things.

RoyalCardMan said:
No, I don't believe aliens exist, but I do believe that lifeforms or beings on other planets do.

Alien = life form on another planet.

RoyalCardMan said:
And I don't really believe in the theory of evolution. It is kind of an athiest theory. Most of it tries to prove that not God made all things, but the world itself did...

...So, in conclusion, the Evolution theory is more of an idea to turn peopel away from God.

I had a religious science teacher at school, she believed that God created the 'big bang' and evolution. It was her understanding that the creation stories in the bible were a simplified version of evolution, written in a way that ancient man could understand.
It is also of interest, that Pope John Paul II officially supported the big bang theory becasue it did not discount the idea that God created the events that triggered the big bang and in turn evolution.

QUOTE(RoyalCardMan @ Jul 23 2011, 02:01 AM)
Now, back on topic. Yes, you have some points there. The other argument I could lay against you is that the Bible said "his image" not images.

If God mad man in his image, why then do people from different parts of the world look different from each other? Surely if we were all created with the same mold, we would all be the same hight, skin tone, face shape etc.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
spinal_cord said:
RoyalCardMan said:
No, I don't believe aliens exist, but I do believe that lifeforms or beings on other planets do.

No, no, no, no!
You got it all wrong!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien

Life on other planets is called extra-terrestrial life.
Aliens are extra-terrestrials that come here.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
AlanJohn said:
spinal_cord said:
RoyalCardMan said:

No, no, no, no!
You got it all wrong!

Finally, someone is understanding.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
RoyalCardMan said:
AlanJohn said:
spinal_cord said:
RoyalCardMan said:

No, no, no, no!
You got it all wrong!

you know, technically, aliens still exist.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Narayan said:
RoyalCardMan said:
AlanJohn said:
spinal_cord said:
RoyalCardMan said:

No, no, no, no!
You got it all wrong!

you know, technically, aliens still exist.
Dude, I have one working in my garden right now!
trollface_mini.jpg

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
RoyalCardMan said:
AlanJohn said:
spinal_cord said:
RoyalCardMan said:

No, no, no, no!
You got it all wrong!

Interesting how you comment on that point rather than the other points I made, such as the church officially acknowledging the big bang and evolution.
That page you linked says that Aliens are a non-citizen inhabitant of a country, not an extra terrestrial being visiting earth.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
RoyalCardMan said:
One thing to go against your "facts". During World War II, children in Germany were raised to hate to Jews. They were raised as the Hitler Youth. Yes, many of them fell for these lies of "We must preserve our nation by killing the Jews(and many other races)", but there were some who, even though raised to make a "pure" nation, knew this was wrong and went against Hitler, but then were killed..

And did you read how successful this endeavour was? Not very, when they literally had to enforce people to attend as time went on...

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
RoyalCardMan said:
One thing to go against your "facts". During World War II, children in Germany were raised to hate to Jews. They were raised as the Hitler Youth. Yes, many of them fell for these lies of "We must preserve our nation by killing the Jews(and many other races)", but there were some who, even though raised to make a "pure" nation, knew this was wrong and went against Hitler, but then were killed..

And did you read how successful this endeavour was? Not very, when they literally had to enforce people to attend as time went on...
Edit: Sorry, didn't get actually what you were trying to say. To reply correctly, my point is that these people who were enforced to go, some of them rebeled, even though they were enforced.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
RoyalCardMan said:
Edit: Sorry, didn't get actually what you were trying to say. To reply correctly, my point is that these people who were enforced to go, some of them rebeled, even though they were enforced.

All animals rebel when they are forced to do something, nothing human about that.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
RoyalCardMan said:

All animals rebel when they are forced to do something, nothing human about that.
When did I say that everything between humans and animals were totally different? It is like you are putting words in my mouth.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
RoyalCardMan said:

You used Hitler Youth as an example of something, when in fact i was just trying to point out that it wasn't a very good example of anything. More people have been brainwashed into believing in a Religion or omnipotent force than the Nazi German regime ever managed to influence.

Many people inherently want something bigger in their lives because they can't cope with the mundane nature of human existence. Hence the belief in Aliens and, in my opionion, Religion. They're crutches to rely on.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
spinal_cord said:
If God mad man in his image, why then do people from different parts of the world look different from each other? Surely if we were all created with the same mold, we would all be the same hight, skin tone, face shape etc.
While I agree with your point, you argument sucks.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
RoyalCardMan said:
Psyfira said:
... If a world contains 95% water for instance, the dominant race would be some kind of aquatic creature and creationism / evolution would go from there...
And I don't really believe in the theory of evolution. It is kind of an athiest theory. Most of it tries to prove that not God made all things, but the world itself did. They try to say the universe just happened. Well, somewhat that goes against the idea that "Every action has an equal reaction". Well, look at it this way. God being all powerful and strong, he created a really beatiful, fantastic, I can't even describe it, Universe. Now, the Big Bang theory doesn't go with this idea of science. They theorized that this big mass just exploded out of no where and made the universe.

So, in conclusion, the Evolution theory is more of an idea to turn peopel away from God. Well, yes chimps have 99% of their DNA matching ours, but what about that 1%. I mean, there are lots of species that are closely related to each other, but we don't say that they came from each other.

Now, back on topic. Yes, you have some points there. The other argument I could lay against you is that the Bible said "his image" not images.

So, it is an ongoing debate.
I got that from your earlier posts, notice I said "creationism / evolution".
smile.gif
I'm taking the middle ground here, and you can believe whichever of the two you want. I'm not going to push what I believe off onto you. I will point out (as others have) that evolution / Big Bang Theory doesn't turn people away from God, because if theoretically the process was true then something must have started it and that could easily be a God or divine being of some sort.

As for "his image", now we're wandering into the territory of validity of the Bible and I feel we're going a little off-topic for a discussion about life on other worlds.

(To clarify my views I'm a scientist, I believe in the evidence in front of me when it comes to evolution, I have no idea if there's a God upstairs or not, and frankly I don't care. But I'm sensitive to your views and trying to think objectively around the issue, because I'm open minded like that.)

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
Psyfira said:
RoyalCardMan said:
Psyfira said:
... If a world contains 95% water for instance, the dominant race would be some kind of aquatic creature and creationism / evolution would go from there...
And I don't really believe in the theory of evolution. It is kind of an athiest theory. Most of it tries to prove that not God made all things, but the world itself did. They try to say the universe just happened. Well, somewhat that goes against the idea that "Every action has an equal reaction". Well, look at it this way. God being all powerful and strong, he created a really beatiful, fantastic, I can't even describe it, Universe. Now, the Big Bang theory doesn't go with this idea of science. They theorized that this big mass just exploded out of no where and made the universe.

So, in conclusion, the Evolution theory is more of an idea to turn peopel away from God. Well, yes chimps have 99% of their DNA matching ours, but what about that 1%. I mean, there are lots of species that are closely related to each other, but we don't say that they came from each other.

So, it is an ongoing debate.
I got that from your earlier posts, notice I said "creationism / evolution".
smile.gif
I'm taking the middle ground here, and you can believe whichever of the two you want. I'm not going to push what I believe off onto you. I will point out (as others have) that evolution / Big Bang Theory doesn't turn people away from God, because if theoretically the process was true then something must have started it and that could easily be a God or divine being of some sort.

As for "his image", now we're wandering into the territory of validity of the Bible and I feel we're going a little off-topic for a discussion about life on other worlds.

(To clarify my views I'm a scientist, I believe in the evidence in front of me when it comes to evolution, I have no idea if there's a God upstairs or not, and frankly I don't care. But I'm sensitive to your views and trying to think objectively around the issue, because I'm open minded like that.)
I feel your trying to insult me. First of all, this is one thing to let you know.

Open mindeness can lead to liberalism(if you are liberal, I still respect you though for being human, for all humans made in God's image have dignity, meaning I must respect you).

And, actually this topic is also a religious debate, and for being a scientist I thought you would have known that. And, yes the Big Bang theory does go towards Athiasm(Sorry if I spelled that wrong). In the Bible, it says he created all things as if spontanious. The Big Bang theory is an ignorant theory because it tries to prove either that God is not as all mighty as the universe(which doesn't make sense because he did create the universe) or it tries to prove that God did not exist and that a huge explosion caused the universe to form.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
No it doesn't. What if your idea of "God" woke up one morning and decided to find out what would happen if the did his "Big Bang" experiment with singularities?

You're replacing one with the other whilst other people are saying Religion has accepted it by thinking of it as a "Godly" action.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RoyalCardMan said:
I feel your trying to insult me. First of all, this is one thing to let you know.

Open mindeness can lead to liberalism(if you are liberal, I still respect you though for being human, for all humans made in God's image have dignity, meaning I must respect you).

And, actually this topic is also a religious debate, and for being a scientist I thought you would have known that. And, yes the Big Bang theory does go towards Athiasm(Sorry if I spelled that wrong). In the Bible, it says he created all things as if spontanious. The Big Bang theory is an ignorant theory because it tries to prove either that God is not as all mighty as the universe(which doesn't make sense because he did create the universe) or it tries to prove that God did not exist and that a huge explosion caused the universe to form.
Open mindedness do not lead to liberalism for starters. Liberals can (and often are) be just as close-minded as a conservative.

And I don't see how asking if you believe in Aliens be about religion?

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I love a creationism argument as much if not more than the next guy, but really why can't we keep it out of a thread that will almost certainly rely on the big bang theory, evolutionary theory, cosmological evolution theory, heliocentric theory, chemical periodicity theory, nuclear theory etc...

Really if you want to talk about religion and science, or religion and the possibility of ETL, or just straight up creationism as tired an argument as that is, start up another topic. I'll join in. I'll probably argue with the people saying that these theories and religion are not mutually exclusive. If your interpretation of your scripture says there can't be any life outside of this planet, or even if it just says intelligent life can't exist on other worlds, then apart from saying "No, these are my reasons, the conversation about this is in this thread [link]." to the OP's question you don't really have anything to add to the thread apart from derailing it into a theist/atheist argument which it isn't.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
A Gay Little Catboy said:
And I don't see how asking if you believe in Aliens be about religion?

Because a lot of religious people believe that because their holy book does not explicitly say in black and white that there definitely are aliens, then it is impossible that they are real. No where in the bible for example, does it say there is no life on other planets, it just doesn't mention them.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoyalCardMan said:
Yes some cases went without outside influence(If you learned the history of World War II, you would understand).
Nothing in Nazi Germany happened without outside influence. You seem to have a view that Christianity is inherently moral. They allowed churches in Nazi Germany.
QUOTE said:
Did something darastic happen to these children? There are many very ill-willed people out there, you know.
No
QUOTE said:
Well, how do you know the Tortiose actually adopted the baby Hippo? You don't know what the animals were thinking(if you know, then please tell me).
That is a completely unreasonable standard of evidence.

RoyalCardMan said:
You are acting like atheists and liberals are the scum of the earth. If anyone is being insulting here it is you.
And, actually this topic is also a religious debate, and for being a scientist I thought you would have known that.
What does being a scientist have to do with this topic being a religious debate?
And, yes the Big Bang theory does go towards Athiasm(Sorry if I spelled that wrong). In the Bible, it says he created all things as if spontanious. The Big Bang theory is an ignorant theory because it tries to prove either that God is not as all mighty as the universe(which doesn't make sense because he did create the universe) or it tries to prove that God did not exist and that a huge explosion caused the universe to form.
What evidence do you have against the Big Bang theory besides the Bible? The Bible has shown time and time again that it is not an accurate source of scientific information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD