Not open for further replies.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always been of the opinion that it would be conceited to think that Earth is the ONLY planet in the universe with complex life on it. I look up in the sky at night and see all those stars, most of which have planets orbiting them, and I can't help but think that at least some of them are looking back at us wondering the same thing.

D

Deleted_171835

I'm pretty sure aliens exist. It seems odd to think that in this vast universe, we're alone.

I'm not in the mood to start a debate or post a long post so I'll just add this video which should explain most UFO sightings and the search for physical evidence among other stuff.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfAzaDyae-k[/youtube]

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SoulSnatcher said:
I'm pretty sure aliens exist. It seems odd to think that in this vast solar system, we're alone.

I'm not in the mood to start a debate or post a long post so I'll just add this video which should explain most UFO sightings and the search for physical evidence among other stuff.
snip
You can be pretty much 100% sure we are alone in the solar system. In the Universe, probably not.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Even though I do not believe in the existence of alien lifeforms, I am unable disprove the fact that they do not exist either.

Thus I shall remain neutral. If they do indeed exist, it would be rather interesting to find ways to interact with them. If they do not, life goes on.

D

Deleted_171835

Pyrmon said:
SoulSnatcher said:
I'm pretty sure aliens exist. It seems odd to think that in this vast solar system, we're alone.

snip
You can be pretty much 100% sure we are alone in the solar system. In the Universe, probably not.
Ah, I used the wrong word. I tend to use solar system and universe interchangeably.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Aliens out there... Definitely yes, there are far too many galaxies with far too many stars with far too many planets for there not to be.
Aliens visiting us... probably not. I will not completely deny the possibility, but to paraphrase Dr. Hawking, if the governments were covering up alien visitation, it would be the only thing they have ever managed to actually do.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Raika said:
Even though I do not believe in the existence of alien lifeforms, I am unable disprove the fact that they do not exist either.

Thus I shall remain neutral. If they do indeed exist, it would be rather interesting to find ways to interact with them. If they do not, life goes on.
this

seeing is believing.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't prove theirs is aliens, nor can I prove that their isn't.

Though I believe more that their could be life out there.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
I have always asked myself the same question. Here are two things I think:

Maybe it could be that God created such a beautiful universe(that is huge) because he knew that we would soon need to expand onto other planets because of over population, or what ever the cause.

Or, it could be that we are not alone, and the Universe is full of planets that have life on them, but we just don't have the technology to move on.

But, one thing I don't get is why people think aliens are going to be these big blobs of what ever they are and are mean and green. Why wouldn't you just think that they are regular humans like us. I mean, God create all humans in God's image. If you wanted to argue the point that aliens are not humans, but animals, then why would you call them "intellegent" lifeforms. If they were animals, they would be running on instinct, not knowledge.

So, the point that some go after are that "Jesus said that aliens don't exist"(I don't know where that was in the bible, it might be). To the point, maybe these aliens are not aliens. We are one big community of people that live in different parts of the universe. I mean, the meaning of alien may differ from what Jesus's meaning of alien was.

So, it is an ongoing scientific and religios debate. I would say, well yes there are other LIFEFORMS out there, I wouldn't call them aliens, persay.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, I do believe aliens exist.

Rayder said:
I've always been of the opinion that it would be conceited to think that Earth is the ONLY planet in the universe with complex life on it. I look up in the sky at night and see all those stars, most of which have planets orbiting them, and I can't help but think that at least some of them are looking back at us wondering the same thing.
Well said. Not only that, but more than likely some of them have developed a solid form of deep space travel.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
AlanJohn said:
Mantis41 said:
Both were reported to be a hoax.
I am guessing your the type of person who just believes people right off the bat.
closedeyes.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoyalCardMan said:
But, one thing I don't get is why people think aliens are going to be these big blobs of what ever they are and are mean and green.
That's simple, for the most part humans are ignorant, conceited, and think we're the best things in the universe. Why do you think we treat all other animals like their lower class pieces of crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: 80% is nintendrones