Aliens: Colonial Marines Date Given for PC/PS3/360

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, May 21, 2012.

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

Highly anticipated first person shooter Aliens: Colonial Marines from developers Gearbox (Half-Life: Opposing Force, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Borderlands, Samba de Amigo Wii...they also finished polishing the Duke Nukem turd) was previously marked down for a "Fall 2012" release and also planned to launch alongside the Wii U console has now got an official date for PC/360 & PC, that date is February 12th 2013. The Wii U date will be revealed at a late date.

Not much of a surprise, this would have been against their own Borderlands 2 game which is also quite sought after as well as many other games too.

Click the spoiler for the press release:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

http://www.joystiq.c...-february-2013/

Frig it, I'm calling this now: I reckon Nintendo flashed cash at Sega and got themselves a timed Wii U exclusive. I'm gonna say that it'll make the Wii U launch and it'll be a big announcement at E3.

If I'm wrong I'll eat out PG...if I'm right... :creep:

lolmaybenot

2. DCG

Member DCG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    -.-"
    That's late actualy, I've been waiting a couple of years now...

3. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    So it should be better then people expect it to be. Not surprised really, Gearbox has a lot on their plate with Borderlands 2 right now and they don't want to comprimise sales by releasing it in the same time frame.

4. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Another delay? Come on guys, I've been staying frosty for years now. I'm starting to worry it's game over, man...

5. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I thought they'd try doing something with Prometheus (since that's like a prequel to Alien, right?). I guess not.

I haven't really cared about the game, Alien has never been my thing honestly.

6. Lube_Skyballer

Member Lube_Skyballer GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I don't know how long I have to wait. I just want to know when it's coming out.
    *looks at Half Life 3*

You just mark it in your agenda and before you know it it's the release date

7. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    From Randy Pitchford about the "delays".

I don't see the problem, beats them releasing it when its not ready like with Duke Nukem Forever, which lets face it should have been outright cancelled. Not sure what Gearbox saw in the game, maybe 2K offered them a good deal to unload it and that's why they got Triptych Games to finish development on that turd. I can see why they would buy the license like they did though.