Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
250px-AliensColonialMarinesBox.png

Highly anticipated first person shooter Aliens: Colonial Marines from developers Gearbox (Half-Life: Opposing Force, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Borderlands, Samba de Amigo Wii...they also finished polishing the Duke Nukem turd) was previously marked down for a "Fall 2012" release and also planned to launch alongside the Wii U console has now got an official date for PC/360 & PC, that date is February 12th 2013. The Wii U date will be revealed at a late date.

Not much of a surprise, this would have been against their own Borderlands 2 game which is also quite sought after as well as many other games too.

Click the spoiler for the press release:
SEGA and FOX CONSUMER PRODUCTS TO LAUNCH Aliens: Colonial marines

Globally on February 12, 2013

Fight the Fear in 2013's First Blockbuster Shooter

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON (May 21, 2012) - SEGA® of America, Inc., SEGA® Europe Ltd., Gearbox Software and Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products are thrilled to announce that the highly anticipated first-person shooter Aliens: Colonial Marines™ will be in stores worldwide on February 12, 2013. As the authentic addition to the ALIENS franchise canon, the game's stunning visuals and adrenaline pumping action will deliver breathtakingly immersive single, cooperative and competitive multi-player modes. Providing for an innovative asymmetrical competitive multiplayer experience, Aliens: Colonial Marines lets players fight in first person as the ultimate combatants – the United States Colonial Marines, or in third person as the universe's deadliest killers – the Xenomorphs. Plunging into familiar and new environments from the iconic film franchise, players will have to fight the fear and face the true horrors of the ALIENS universe.

"I am thrilled to announce the definitive launch date for Aliens: Colonial Marines," said Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox Software. "Aliens: Colonial Marines is the culmination of a life-time of inspiration from the films and relentless passion and drive from the exceptionally talented development team behind the scenes."

"We knew this game would be incredible from the moment Gearbox began developing Aliens: Colonial Marines," said, Gary Knight, Senior Vice President of Marketing for SEGA Europe and SEGA of America. "Now that the title is in its final stretch of development, we can confidently release the exact date that gamers will finally get to experience this blockbuster thrill-ride."

"SEGA has a proven track record with the ALIENS franchise. ALIENS vs. PREDATOR released by SEGA in 2009 became one of their top-selling titles," said Gary Rosenfeld, Senior Vice President for New Media for Fox Consumer Products. "We look forward to working with them and bringing an exciting new way for fans to immerse themselves in the ALIENS world."

In partnership with Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products and developed by critically acclaimed studio Gearbox Software, Aliens: Colonial Marines will bring new levels of bone-chilling suspense and adrenaline-filled action to the renowned franchise. Aliens: Colonial Marines begins with an ostensibly abandoned ship, the U.S.S. Sulaco, recovered in orbit around LV-426. Players lead a group of highly trained United States Colonial Marines as they board the deserted craft to uncover the fate of the crew. They will have to fight to survive unspeakable horrors and their own anxieties as they chase down the truth behind a galaxy-spanning deception that places humanity at the mercy of the most murderous and deadly species in the universe. Aliens: Colonial Marines features authentic environments, such as the surface of LV-426 and Hadley's Hope, weapons inspired by the film series and is designed to provide an exhilarating and engaging new chapter in the ALIENS universe.

Aliens: Colonial Marines will be available in stores across the globe on February 12, 2013 on PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. A release date for the announced Wii U™ version will be revealed at a later time.

http://www.joystiq.c...-february-2013/

Frig it, I'm calling this now: I reckon Nintendo flashed cash at Sega and got themselves a timed Wii U exclusive. I'm gonna say that it'll make the Wii U launch and it'll be a big announcement at E3.

If I'm wrong I'll eat out PG...if I'm right... :creep:

lolmaybenot

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So it should be better then people expect it to be. Not surprised really, Gearbox has a lot on their plate with Borderlands 2 right now and they don't want to comprimise sales by releasing it in the same time frame.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another delay? Come on guys, I've been staying frosty for years now. I'm starting to worry it's game over, man...

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know how long I have to wait. I just want to know when it's coming out.
*looks at Half Life 3*

You just mark it in your agenda and before you know it it's the release date

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From Randy Pitchford about the "delays".

"At the beginning of this effort a few years ago, as the business was in place to allow for the effort, everyone was excited. 20th Century Fox and Sega immediately shared the news with a press release that announced that Gearbox would be making a game in the franchise with these goals in mind. Later, the game was revealed with details and a title, Aliens: Colonial Marines, on the cover of Game Informer magazine. At that moment, we had finished our prototypes and were eager to test our promise against fans and then set real production in motion.

We've remained true to our vision. We've been committed to it, through and through. We've always prioritized the goals we had for the game over any particular launch window. The game's development has been invigorating and natural relative to our experience making games and the objectives for it. Because the game was 'announced' with that original press release, it might feel, to those of you who have been waiting for the game since then, that it has been in development a long time. In fact, with the release date now set, it turns out that the total development time we have spent creating Aliens: Colonial Marines is about the same length of time as we had spent creating the original Borderlands or the original Brothers in Arms - both games that we had waited to announce until we were much farther along in the development process.

If you have had that feeling that you've been waiting a long time, then today should be a good day for you! We have an official, solid launch date for the game! We're now at a point in development when we can see the end - we know what's left to do and can sufficiently quantify it to be very confident in the schedule for the game's completion and commercial release!"

I don't see the problem, beats them releasing it when its not ready like with Duke Nukem Forever, which lets face it should have been outright cancelled. Not sure what Gearbox saw in the game, maybe 2K offered them a good deal to unload it and that's why they got Triptych Games to finish development on that turd. I can see why they would buy the license like they did though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool