Hacking AKRPG firmware on AK2?

lewjay

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome! It's great Acekard 2 is getting so much support. I'm glad I picked Acekard 2 instead of Edge.
biggrin.gif

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You (developer) guys are brilliant! Thank you so much for your effort. I can't wait to get my replacement AK2. If you really manage to squeeze RTS and RTG in there some day, it would certainly replace the SCDS1 as my no. 1 flashcard.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
yep thats right, but there is a hell of alot of text guides already available on the internet, so most wouldn't need to produce their own.

edit: better get this topic back on track
happy.gif

s0ldats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woooo!! thanks smiths! hopefully this fixes my white screen problems....otherwise... it's probably my cartridge.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i noticed that shuffle with the lmp-ng plugin isn't random at all. every time i click it the same combinations turn up.

is this fixable?

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Unfortunately, Bliss doesn't seem to understand the gpl and hasn't released the sources for the plugins he's made which means at the moment we can't do anything to fix them. We'll either get the sources from him or make our own plugins (I'd prefer to make our own but that seems like a waste of time if someone has already done the exact same thing).

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was messing with plugins earlier, i managed to get the newer version of lmp-ng working after a few tries (i had the black screen problem). Quite easy to do though, the plugin format was .ak4 i believe so i just renamed the homebrew app to .ak4( i.e lmp_ng.nds -> lmp_ng.ak4), popped it in the /ak2/plugin folder, edited the plugin text file (might be just plugin.txt i can't remember) for appropriate formats and bang it works. for homebrew with extra folders you might have to place the folder of the homeber in the ak2/ folder (i.e lmp-ng goes in ak2/plugin whilst the skins folder goes in ak2/ ) you should be able to update lmp_ng through replacing the .ak4 file with a newer lmp_ng file though.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Yep.
For the AIO firmware currently the only way that I got the current plugins working on the RPG was to hexedit and change the directory it looks for internally. Again, would be far easier to do if the source was out.
This "fix" only fixed support for the RPG. AK2 + plugins != success

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
What happened? No more news? It was supposed to be almost ready and on the official forums there hasn't been a post in even longer, did the AKBBS 2.0 die?

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to closed-source releases. Have to do testing, and make sure it's.. well. closed nicely.

It's coming, don't worry. It exists.

And plugins only work on the RPG, and they're like DSMPlay, the mp3 player, textview, etc. I think bliss' has a working textview for the AK2... I guess that could be added to the release archive if it works with the RPG too. I dunno.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
These guys are people too you know... They've got their work,friends and family too. Were really lucky to have people that donate their time for us. Good things take time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Arne214 @ Arne214: Hi i was wondering where i can download a fresh istall for the mii maker on wii u (EU). The...