Hardware AKNES here, Answer questions about our brand.

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Why is 8bitdo overrated Chinese garbage? 8bitdo is the same quality as $15-25 no name generic controllers.
The cost of some products is difficult to see too much difference on the surface.
For example, the cost of conductive adhesive for 8BitDo's D-Pad is relatively high, because it uses better materials. What's more, 8BitDo's products are strictly controlled in QC, which also requires cost, but in exchange for a lower defective rate, it also prolongs the life of the product.
So the difference of some controllers, when we first got it, we didn't feel much difference. But the longevity and stability of the product, among many other things, can only be discovered as we use it over time.
In addition, for functional products, there will be some functions that are not clearly indicated in the manual, causing users to misunderstand or not use them normally, and there is no good after-sales support, which makes things worse. This is also where we sellers need to improve.
If you have purchased any of these brands and had a bad experience, I can help as much as I can.:grog:

Reactions: impeeza

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is 8bitdo overrated Chinese garbage? 8bitdo is the same quality as $15-25 no name generic controllers.
If they put Hall Effect sensors in the 8-Bitdo controllers that takes care of this..
For example, the cost of conductive adhesive for 8BitDo's D-Pad is relatively high, because it uses better materials.
Yes in turn means more expensive controller either way. Given choice I'm sure 8-Bitdos WITH Hall Effect Sensors would outsell the cheaper Conductive adhesive versions.

Reactions: AKNES

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
If they put Hall Effect sensors in the 8-Bitdo controllers that takes care of this..

Yes in turn means more expensive controller either way. Given choice I'm sure 8-Bitdos WITH Hall Effect Sensors would outsell the cheaper Conductive adhesive versions.
Yes, you're right.
Hall Joysticks are also one of the factors that lead to higher costs.
But all good materials or good designs are for users to get a better experience.
It is not to say that the products we design are the most perfect, but we pursue better.

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you're right.
Hall Joysticks are also one of the factors that lead to higher costs.
But all good materials or good designs are for users to get a better experience.
It is not to say that the products we design are the most perfect, but we pursue better.
Funny you say that too! I'm not complaining but I will point this out for the other reading this board: I bought a couple pairs of the drop in replacements for my Switch Joy-cons and 1 out of 4 so far has an ever so slightly... I won't call it a click sound, more of like a spring's tension when twisted just slightly will produce this spring fatigue like sound/feeling. But in all honesty it doesn't effect my game play at all! It doesn't bother me in the slightest, hence why I originally ask about the branching out to older consoles. Take a vote today I'm willing to bet you'd find a damned good market replacing N64 on up.

Anybody want a 64 controller with Hall Effect Sensors?? YUP

GameCube? ABSOLUTELY!

PS 1&2? YOU KNOW IT!

OG Xbox? Fuckin A I DO!

You would get my business just on those 5 other products alone!! Now times that by at least two (most of us at least have two controllers) and up to four for the N64, Game Cube and OG Xbox!

Reactions: Jayro and AKNES

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Funny you say that too! I'm not complaining but I will point this out for the other reading this board: I bought a couple pairs of the drop in replacements for my Switch Joy-cons and 1 out of 4 so far has an ever so slightly... I won't call it a click sound, more of like a spring's tension when twisted just slightly will produce this spring fatigue like sound/feeling. But in all honesty it doesn't effect my game play at all! It doesn't bother me in the slightest, hence why I originally ask about the branching out to older consoles. Take a vote today I'm willing to bet you'd find a damned good market replacing N64 on up.

Anybody want a 64 controller with Hall Effect Sensors?? YUP

GameCube? ABSOLUTELY!

PS 1&2? YOU KNOW IT!

OG Xbox? Fuckin A I DO!

You would get my business just on those 5 other products alone!! Now times that by at least two (most of us at least have two controllers) and up to four for the N64, Game Cube and OG Xbox!
Wow! You are definitely an objective and rational person, a very good person.
Yes, including myself when using GuliKit Hall Joystick, I also found that sometimes or some joysticks, there will be a little bit of abnormal noise like what you said, similar to the spring work. Then when I went to the calibration page and observed, it does not currently affect the normal operation of the joysticks. (These words are spoken truthfully, not justifying my status as a seller.)
But we also reported this to GuliKit, and in future production, we will see if this small problem is also solved. But I don't know how to solve it technically and how long it will take.
As you said, extending the Hall technology to other controllers, yes, we have been researching. But compared to Steam Deck and Switch joycon, the joysticks of other controllers are particularly difficult (if you have opened the shell of this type of controller to see the structure inside them). This involves both software and hardware, and we need time to study their operability and commercialization.
In any case, GuliKit has been keeping research on how to popularize Hall technology to more aspects.

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! You are definitely an objective and rational person, a very good person.
Yes, including myself when using GuliKit Hall Joystick, I also found that sometimes or some joysticks, there will be a little bit of abnormal noise like what you said, similar to the spring work. Then when I went to the calibration page and observed, it does not currently affect the normal operation of the joysticks. (These words are spoken truthfully, not justifying my status as a seller.)
But we also reported this to GuliKit, and in future production, we will see if this small problem is also solved. But I don't know how to solve it technically and how long it will take.
As you said, extending the Hall technology to other controllers, yes, we have been researching. But compared to Steam Deck and Switch joycon, the joysticks of other controllers are particularly difficult (if you have opened the shell of this type of controller to see the structure inside them). This involves both software and hardware, and we need time to study their operability and commercialization.
In any case, GuliKit has been keeping research on how to popularize Hall technology to more aspects.
Take your time researching these things! Once you get them right get them to market!!

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I just want to say that, from all my experience and all the different gaming brands I have been a customer of, (PDP, Retro Bit, PowerA, Niko, etc) 8BitDo have been a complete ASS when it comes to warranty. Two controllers resulted faulty and when I contacted them, they asked me photos, proof of purchase. After that, they asked for a video, and okay, I send them the video. Then again the proof of purchase, video of the PC opening the proof of purchase, videos of the control with the issue, etc. They took away a good 5 hours of my life between photos, videos, emails and whatnot. In the end, they said that they could offer me just a 30 % discount on a new purchase on their website. It was really annoying and I lost money and more importantly, time of my life while these bufoons played with me. Is just not fair. They are the only gaming accesories company that have treated me like trash. It is a shame, really.

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I just want to say that, from all my experience and all the different gaming brands I have been a customer of, (PDP, Retro Bit, PowerA, Niko, etc) 8BitDo have been a complete ASS when it comes to warranty. Two controllers resulted faulty and when I contacted them, they asked me photos, proof of purchase. After that, they asked for a video, and okay, I send them the video. Then again the proof of purchase, video of the PC opening the proof of purchase, videos of the control with the issue, etc. They took away a good 5 hours of my life between photos, videos, emails and whatnot. In the end, they said that they could offer me just a 30 % discount on a new purchase on their website. It was really annoying and I lost money and more importantly, time of my life while these bufoons played with me. Is just not fair. They are the only gaming accesories company that have treated me like trash. It is a shame, really.
This is really annoying.
Maybe 8BitDo's official after-sales policy is different from ours, I can't comment on this aspect.
If you want to experience 8BitDo, GuliKit or RetroFlag products, you can try AKNES. Same product, some extras at the same price, different customer service.:shy:

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know of any plans to release hall effect joysticks for Switch Pro controller replacement? Both of my sticks are drifting and I really dont want to buy a new gamepad, though if I did, it would be the Gulikit Kingkong Pro 2. I just really like fixing things I already own. It makes me feel good.

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Do you know of any plans to release hall effect joysticks for Switch Pro controller replacement? Both of my sticks are drifting and I really dont want to buy a new gamepad, though if I did, it would be the Gulikit Kingkong Pro 2. I just really like fixing things I already own. It makes me feel good.
There is no breakthrough news at the moment, so there may not be related products for several months.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's the new version from AKNES-EU without clicking. And if you have any issue after purchase, please contact me or my workmate on Amazon. Customers' satisfy is our first priority.

I'm sorry to inform you this is not true @AKNES ...just bought 2 pairs yesterday, from AKNES-EU, all 4 joy are from the bad batch :sleep:

Last edited by Badablek,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1