Hacking AKAIO Wiki

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It does it by default, I was just having issues getting it to work because they haven't installed the section extension and because i'm still new to WiKi. It still doesn't work properly for the WiFi section because the section count is out. If you want it fixed you'll have to ask Costello to install the Labeled Section Transclusion extension http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Labeled_Section_Transclusion

I've split the links and DMA section into their own pages. Like the others you won't notice as you simply click on the edit link to the right. I've also reorganised/ added/ updated the links.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the link in the first post was changed (thanks mthrnite)

i'm working on adding tools that can help. for example, i've added GBATA, some tools by cory for 3in1 stuff, the new panasonic formatter v3 beta, etc.

if anyone can think if anything they have used please let us know. link us to the file with a quick description of how it is useful. files can be for nds, gba, flash linker specific, sav files, etc....

i'm also trying to hunt down a copy of the old SRAM Patch v2.3 from dadywriter

finally, which version of rudolph's dumping tools are the most up-to-date? filetrip is a bit of a mess. i want to add links to the slot2 dumpers. there is already a link to the wifi dumper with a guide and tools.

-another world

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What needs patching and what does not? This wasn't clearly stated, and when I patched some games they did not save, only the clean rom worked.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
spark1223 said:
What needs patching and what does not? This wasn't clearly stated, and when I patched some games they did not save, only the clean rom worked.

that is not a discussion for the wiki thread.

tk_saturn: do you want to update the wiki to 1.7? i won't have time to get to it until after next month, due to gbatemp related work and real life.

-another world

adawgdafree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Random save file question:

I have used CycloDS for a long time, but am planning on getting a Acekard 2i soon. I know that I should be able to just use the same save files from before, but is there a setting in AKAIO to put all .sav files in their own folder like there is with my Cyclo? I prefer it this way so that I can just copy my save folder anytime I want to back up my saves.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
adawgdafree said:
Random save file question:

I have used CycloDS for a long time, but am planning on getting a Acekard 2i soon. I know that I should be able to just use the same save files from before, but is there a setting in AKAIO to put all .sav files in their own folder like there is with my Cyclo? I prefer it this way so that I can just copy my save folder anytime I want to back up my saves.
No... I'm afraid (AFAIK) there is no way to have sav's in a seperate folder than the game

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You could see if this works for you http://filetrip.net/f11163-AKAIO-Wood-R4-S...anager-1-3.html will copy all the saves on the MicroSD card to your PC or will copy them all to a backup directory on your MicroSD card.

It's a shame MS disabled the autorun, or it would have been possible to do something where it automatically backed upyour saves when you inserted it into the PC.

adawgdafree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info guys.

Also tk_saturn, seeing your signature reminded me, does ShopTemp sell the Acekard 2i with the microSDHC usb adapter? I want to order it from them but I see no info mentioning that on their page.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No it comes without. The ones that come with the flashcarts never really last long though, there are tons of them in the £1/$1 stores here, and they caused me lots of issues.

These days you'll struggle to find any Acekard 2i sold with the card reader, and certainly not the old card reader which had Acekard printed on it.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i have a few days of free time just before the holiday hits. i've started to update the wiki. it will reflect changes since 1.8.1 and i'll make the updates for 1.8.2 when this is done. before anyone tries to revert a change please read my detailed descriptions, found on the history page.

i'm not adjusting anything tk_saturn did, i'm only fixing the content in regards to akaio.

-another world

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Another World said:
i have a few days of free time just before the holiday hits. i've started to update the wiki. it will reflect changes since 1.8.1 and i'll make the updates for 1.8.2 when this is done. before anyone tries to revert a change please read my detailed descriptions, found on the history page.

i'm not adjusting anything tk_saturn did, i'm only fixing the content in regards to akaio.

-another world

And it would be nice to add an own section for R4 Ultra, since I've switched to Ultra now.

So I'm an own cult in the church of Akaio now.

Two important points:
  • _MENU_.NDS & akmenu4.nds should made "invisible" through Windows. You'll see them in Akaio Ultra otherwise
  • The blue "Loading" is on Topscreen in Akaio Ultra - and white and with a different font.
We need to cry a bit that the last point might change in the future...

Thanks for updating the Akaio Wiki, I think it's one of the best places for informations about Akaio.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Etalon said:
Another World said:

-another world

And it would be nice to add an own section for R4 Ultra, since I've switched to Ultra now.

So I'm an own cult in the church of Akaio now.

Two important points:
  • _MENU_.NDS & akmenu4.nds should made "invisible" through Windows. You'll see them in Akaio Ultra otherwise
  • The blue "Loading" is on Topscreen in Akaio Ultra - and white and with a different font.
We need to cry a bit that the last point might change in the future...

Thanks for updating the Akaio Wiki, I think it's one of the best places for informations about Akaio.

That being said, the R4i Gold v2.0 deserves a mention as an Ultra clone which should run AKAIO fine...? (still waiting confirmation, this is an assumption)

EDIT: Top poster once again.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Yes, Gold 2.0 is the same as Ultra.

Gold 2.0 has this really cool blue silicone case, which Ultra doesn't have.

But Ultra looks much better in my opinion. I love my Ultra. It's build much better than the AK2i.

If you need two or three cards with different stickers, go for Gold!
blush.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
akaio for the r4 ultra was a 1-off build, there is no future planned support. clones and other issues will not get a mention in the wiki except perhaps in the FAQ section.

please keep all discussion in this thread wiki related.

wifi updates and everything related to wifi will be fixed after the holidays, when i can get my nds back online.

-another world

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Another World said:
clones and other issues will not get a mention in the wiki except perhaps in the FAQ section.

Why? It's a Wiki about Akaio.

"A wiki is not a carefully crafted site for casual visitors. Instead, it seeks to involve the visitor in an ongoing process of creation and collaboration that constantly changes the Web site landscape."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki

The term "clone" is open to interpretation. The build quality of Ultra is better than the AK2i, although it only costs 50% of an Acekard 2.i.

I don't know where these 50% extra charge went. Somebody got this cash and bought a nice house with a swimming pool with it. Obviously.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
because akaio created to run on clones was at first a hack (so it won't be mentioned as its not official) and later by request of team acekard. the build for the r4 ultra was a 1 time thing (coded specifically to work on the r4 ultra, older and newer builds will not work), so again its not official. the akaio wiki is for the most current official build of akaio and akaio 1.8.2 will not support clones.

if akaio was compiled to run on the r4 ultra with each new build then i would be the first to reword the wiki and include the r4 ultra and its "white" loading. since it is not it deserves nothing more than a quick mention in the faq.

-another world

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Another World, I don't want to argue with you. You made me a bit angry with your statement, but OK. I got over this and I'd like to apologize for that.

On Dec 6th you wrote, that future versions of Akaio will support R4 Ultra:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=231...p;#entry3309111

And now they won't. OK.

I don't understand the reason why. I understand your explanation, but my point is:
  • R4 Ultra is cheaper
  • R4 Ultra is better
  • Thousands of people use R4 Ultra - some of them can't get another card
It's not just about me and my R4 Ultras. That's not really important. I have enough Acekards and I bought my R4i Ultras just for fun.

But I have to say that the two R4i Ultras that I just got last week are simply of a much better quality than any of my four Acekards.

And I'm sure that a lot of Akaio users would simply like to have some freedom to choose the card they like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4