Hacking AKAIO Wiki

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
note that the wiki itself also caches it's pages. You can purge it manually with &action=purge (click edit, replace the &action=edit in the url with &action=purge and press enter). Or edit and immediately submit without changing anything (=null edit), which should update it as well.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
@vato: those images look a lot better. the 2i image is a tiny bit washed out but it is much better quality.

-another world

I did some Gimp tweaking, and updated 'em a lil bit more.
[tn=100]http://gbatemp.net/pix/113027/wiki2-2011-08-28_151606.png[/tn]

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i already linked the bootloader guide at the end of the akaio wiki. it won't go in the wiki itself because the wiki is about akaio and not the acekard.

i still think we should make the compatibility wiki more useful but i don't think people will use it to report problems or fixes. there really is no way to get akaio to run something better these days. the dma modes were removed, the download play ram issues were fixed, soft-reset shouldn't cause issues either, etc. maybe we should just leave it alone and not do anything with it.

-another world

~Stenny

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
your call, i'm just the translator.

if you decide to don't do anything, just take it out of the NavBox and stop linking to it. simple.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader

i just polished this up a bit. fixed a few typos. swapped the world "can" for "should" (read the edit history to better understand why). added a sentence about what update file to try. bolded some stuff. took out two bullets which were unnecessary.

its complete now, i don't see a need to update any part of it except to change the link at the bottom for a future firmware release.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
made some updates to the wiki for 1.8.8.

-added small icon options to their appropriate section
-added touch screen scrolling invert option information
-added new globalsettings options
-removed an old (no longer used) globalsettings option
-moved around some globalsettings stuff to order it in way it appears in the .ini file
-added new FAS1 option information to the globalsettings.ini with generic descriptions

if anyone owns an FAS1 would you please update the globalsettings.ini section with more information as needed. please also update the FAS1 section with the new option information. i am unable to do these things as i do not own an FAS1 and i am unable to bring up the new GUI options.

vato is going to add the updated info about the new bmp support in the next few days.

with those changes i do believe that we are up-to-date.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i ported over tk_saturn's contact issue information to the wiki and linked to it in the akaio link section.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Solving_Aceka..._Contact_Issues

its set up using the proper include tags. my goal is to eventually rewrite his stickied guide and then transcode in this article and the bootloader article. if anyone cares to start a rewrite of his guide it rather easy to transcode one article into another. if you can't figure it out drop me a PM.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i made a few quick edits today to the globalsettings section and the fas1 section. after talking to smiths i collected more info on the new fas1 options.

to the fas1 section i also added info on which FA carts are supported, a link to the original FAS1 homepage, a link to the sram explorder tool, and a link to the f2a library (incase someone wants to add support one day).

to the links section i added the link to the sram explorder tool.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader

i did not keep up with the bootloader updates. we need to update that wiki page to include the missing 3ds firmwares and what new bootloader icons fix what firmwares.

if no one wants to update, i'll gladly do it, if someone provides the missing information for me.

also with that page one of the images is showing up rotated, but if you click on the image and get it to load on its own in a browser it looks fine. i'm assuming its something with the wiki code, anyone know whats up with it?

cheers,
-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
by request of team acekard, i added a bit about the anti-counterfeit code sticker to the "clone" section of the wiki. i also wrote a separate article related to the sticker and the code.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Anti-counterfeit_code

the second article isn't yet finished, i'll tidy it up in the next week.

-another world

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    both of which work well in potplayer
    amd is a bit cheaper though
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Cheaper and they are less stingy with the RAM not a big issue now but I can imagine in a yard or two things might be different
    Year not yard lol
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow