Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
doyama said:
Ensure that you're using the same save file extension in 1.4 as you did in 1.3
Yes i checked this.
and i tried an untrimmed version of the rom... with no luck. but i noticed that the safegame was some bytes to long. the extra bytes were added by my supercard ds one.
but after converting the savegames into raw format nothig changed.
akaio version 1.3 did work with the converted and the "to long" savgame.
i olso tried another SDcard with no success

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've foudn the in-game load times on everything to be slower on this release. Not just the initial load, but any transition scene. I reverted to 1.3. And no, I don't have money to go buying every type of SD card to "test" my performance with. I'm using a Transcend class 6 8 GB and that's what I will continue to use. The load times of 1.4 don't cut it for me so I'm back to using 1.3.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Diosoth said:
I've foudn the in-game load times on everything to be slower on this release. Not just the initial load, but any transition scene. I reverted to 1.3. And no, I don't have money to go buying every type of SD card to "test" my performance with. I'm using a Transcend class 6 8 GB and that's what I will continue to use. The load times of 1.4 don't cut it for me so I'm back to using 1.3.

I can confirm that the initial loading seems somewhat slower than the official firmware anyway, using the official loader seems to fix it.

QUOTE(Another World @ Feb 19 2009, 07:52 AM) when it failed to support the 3-in-1 i organized a thread to collect money to purchase kits for norm and smiths.... HINT HINT!!

unlike the 3-in-1, SDHC is a well defined and documented standard. sorry to rain on your parade.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
UltraMagnus said:
Another World said:
when it failed to support the 3-in-1 i organized a thread to collect money to purchase kits for norm and smiths.... HINT HINT!!

unlike the 3-in-1, SDHC is a well defined and documented standard. sorry to rain on your parade.

well as i open my umbrella… the information being out there means nothing if they don't have the hardware to test with. the original 3-in-1 code was ported over from sources smiths had received. he did not have a working unit so he was unable to fix any problems or test revisions. as soon as he received the working kit the 3-in-1 support was tweaked and upgraded. so again i will say that it would be a good idea to get one of them (norm probably) a 16gb sdhc so that support can be added if it indeed it is missing from akaio.

@Diosoth: what type of load time are you seeing? are you talking about directory loading or rom loading? i have the same msd and the load time seems the same to me. my 3gb directory loads in about 3 seconds and roms load in 1-3 seconds. are you finding the load time to be much longer?

-another world

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
TeenTin said:
AKAIO fails to support 16G SD. -.-

As others have said, Without one for testing its hard to fix. Report it to acekard they should be able to test it and hopefully fix it if its not a hardware issue.

QUOTE(Diosoth @ Feb 20 2009, 03:19 AM) I've foudn the in-game load times on everything to be slower on this release. Not just the initial load, but any transition scene. I reverted to 1.3. And no, I don't have money to go buying every type of SD card to "test" my performance with. I'm using a Transcend class 6 8 GB and that's what I will continue to use. The load times of 1.4 don't cut it for me so I'm back to using 1.3.

Slower load times is because I didn't change the carts latency settings from their default in this release, I've since reverted this change for other reasons in 1.4.1 which will be out soon.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Normmatt said:
TeenTin said:

As others have said, Without one for testing its hard to fix. Report it to acekard they should be able to test it and hopefully fix it if its not a hardware issue.

Not hardware issue. My 16G SD work very well on DSTT.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
Normmatt said:
TeenTin said:

The DSTT and the AceKard uses different hardware. Mainly Normmatt was referring to the hardware on the flashcart that reads the data from the MicroSD card.

IHN02

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind, found the TWEWY fix after posting.
smile.gif

CoconutCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragon Quest V doesn't work for me in AKAIO 1.4. But using the latest AK loader it does work.

In AKAIO it just resets as soon as the title screen appears.

I tried both DMA and non DMA, and with and without the latest cheat database protection code enabled.

Akothegreat

Trophies
XP
Country
The latest AKAIO forces DS Phat to backlight on, I always turn off my backlight in the DS menu and play a game, now it turns on whenever I do, it kills the battery quicker

Also the start menu doesn't minimize when I press a button, it minimize when it's touchscreen though

The System options looks cleaner too

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
TeenTin said:
Normmatt said:
TeenTin said:

The hardware itself might not support above 8GB SDHC cards, I assume it would but as I've said I do not have a 16GB microSDHC for testing, so please report this to acekard as they should be able to get a 16GB card and confirm weather it works or not and fix it if it doesnt.

QUOTE(Akothegreat @ Feb 23 2009, 02:22 AM)
The latest AKAIO forces DS Phat to backlight on, I always turn off my backlight in the DS menu and play a game, now it turns on whenever I do, it kills the battery quicker

Also the start menu doesn't minimize when I press a button, it minimize when it's touchscreen though

The System options looks cleaner too

Both of these have just been fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    the author has the final aproval
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Canada: America's Russia