Hacking Akaio Loader 1/24/2012 Update Released:

gbatempfan1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Notes: "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER LOADER!
Yeah, that's really all that should be fixed, but POWER RANGERS ARE COOL!

http://akaio.net/loaders/012412/

Note: this update might be in response to this now deleted post which requested a fix for Power Rangers Samurai (#5903):

---------------------

The latest loaders can always be found by using Akaio's update feature, or by downloading them manualy from http://akaio.net/loaders/

Help make future versions even better, if you notice a bug in the current version test it out according to this procedure and post a report in this format at the akaio bug forum.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm that guy on the AKAIO.net forums who was talking to Smiths. Smiths is such a cool guy! I asked him to kindly release a new loader for Power Rangers Samurai and he was nice enough to do it. I hope everyone appreciates it as he thought the idea of releasing a loader update for just one game was lame but I said, "Hey the Supercard Team did it for this same game, so it's not that lame." Thank you Smiths if you're reading this message! B-) It was cool of you to do it.

Reactions: 3 people

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm that guy on the AKAIO.net forums who was talking to Smiths. Smiths is such a cool guy! I asked him to kindly release a new loader for Power Rangers Samurai and he was nice enough to do it. I hope everyone appreciates it as he thought the idea of releasing a loader update for just one game was lame but I said, "Hey the Supercard Team did it for this same game, so it's not that lame." Thank you Smiths if you're reading this message! B-) It was cool of you to do it.

Well, we kinda had the loader for a bit and i realized we just never released it. Saw 3 broken games on akaio.net forums, one of whic we had already fixed (power rangers) and said "eh, why not". Spoke to Norm and we uploaded the build.

There's not much else broken.. I mean a Phineas and Ferb game and one other thing was reported but that's peanuts.

We quietly work in the background; it'll take another big release before people truly go crazy on XXX DOESN'T WORK ON ACEKARD.

But glad it works in the end. Norm found the problem in the 1.8.9 release for that game and fixed it when he finally got some spare time.

Reactions: 2 people

gbatempfan1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
We quietly work in the background; it'll take another big release before people truly go crazy on XXX DOESN'T WORK ON ACEKARD.

Any chance you can drop a few clues on what great things we have to look forward to in the upcoming months/years for Akaio for the NDS, as I would think that NDS is dieing and being replaced by 3DS, unless the major thing is 3DAKAIO.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, we kinda had the loader for a bit and i realized we just never released it. Saw 3 broken games on akaio.net forums, one of whic we had already fixed (power rangers) and said "eh, why not". Spoke to Norm and we uploaded the build.

There's not much else broken.. I mean a Phineas and Ferb game and one other thing was reported but that's peanuts.

But glad it works in the end. Norm found the problem in the 1.8.9 release for that game and fixed it when he finally got some spare time.
Damn Smiths! You couldn't let me be a hero for even a minute :rolleyes: I take back my comment that you're a cool guy. You're more like a ball breaker :blink: . Why is my post deleted on akaio.net in the Power Rangers thread? Ah...It doesn't matter anyways. Request, since releases are far and few, is there any way you can incorporate a new system for save files. A folder (e.g. I:/Saves) that all save files can automatically default to, instead of the present system of defaulting to the same folder where the ROM resides? That would be nice and neat, and it's useful option. Here's hoping you at least give it a second thought..... :D

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Request, since releases are far and few, is there any way you can incorporate a new system for save files. A folder (e.g. I:/Saves) that all save files can automatically default to, instead of the present system of defaulting to the same folder where the ROM resides? That would be nice and neat, and it's useful option. Here's hoping you at least give it a second thought..... :D

The problem with that is that.. well... i don't like it. Don't want to have to make everything scan a subdir for a save file and all. I get the organization aspect, but I like having all per-rom stuff exist together. Norm and I contemplated this system a while back but decided against it. To implement it now would kinda mess things up (we'd have to 'backwards compatible' it and have it scan the current dir then the save dir for a save... then what if you switch to the new system but still have an old save in the old dir it'd find that first and load it before the new one... etc).

sometimes you cannot predict the usability others will have. we had to put failsafes in for people removing a cartridge between resetting the system for the 3in1 and all... and it still can't catch every save change. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...