OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
there has been alot of discussion on how the 3-in-1 actually works with AKAIO. i have spoken to normmatt to try and get some answers but he has never owned a 3-in-1. i'm posting this thread in the hopes that people who know the answers actually post back so we can get it all cleared up.

start > more > 3-in-1

rumble level on/off - well that one is easy enough

nor mode - auto/always
i'm assuming that setting it to auto lets the code chose if the rom should goto psram or nor, if its too large it will goto nor. while the second option always writes to nor.

Y sRAM - click on this says "processing GBA save..." but then nothing. i'm not sure what i'm missing out on here.
X RAM - i'm assuming this boots the ram for ram expansion, yet AKAIO auto patches the nds browser on the fly so this isn't needed. unless i'm getting this option wrong.
A OK - confirms everything is a'ok.
B CANCEL - cancels out without saving option settings.

OK so there are some holes into my understanding on what those options do and more info is needed. moving on -- i have questions about booting into psram or nor. i there a way to choose which you boot into or does the code only allow you to do 1 game at a time and then if you boot the slot2, it boots the nor? rudolph's tools let you chose which mode to boot into. however if i remember correctly psram is not saved at all on a power down? so anything written into the psram is gone when you boot back up?

phenixz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Another World said:
Y sRAM - click on this says "processing GBA save..." but then nothing. i'm not sure what i'm missing out on here.

Look at the root of your SD card, you must (at least, I had) have save file like 6-Octob-9.30.sav.
It's a copy of the save that was in Sram (and I think, the X button does the same thing but with Nor Memory)

z.g

Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
Y sRAM - click on this says "processing GBA save..." but then nothing. i'm not sure what i'm missing out on here.this button dumps whole sram from 3in1 into file at nand root. needed for debug purposes. useless for common users.
QUOTEX RAM - i'm assuming this boots the ram for ram expansion, yet AKAIO auto patches the nds browser on the fly so this isn't needed.
some homebrew apps use additional ram also.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So there's no way to save a file from the 3in1 to the correct filename without loading another game?
or the save file from the NOR?

I'm probably gonna stick with YSMenu to playing GBA if not.

z.g

Trophies
XP
Country
Diablo1123 said:
So there's no way to save a file from the 3in1 to the correct filename without loading another game?
or the save file from the NOR?
when "Backup save at startup" option turned on, all gba saves backup at startup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Seamen :D
    +1
    mmmm those scrumptious tadpoles :wub:
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @AncientBoi did your phone autocorrect assholes to tadpoles?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats child abuse
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Could you imagine if these abortion activist said that sperm was a life, and you could not destroy or eat.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Is swallowing considered cannibalism?
    +2
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: by their standards, yes
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey got a couple free tickets the Memorial Golf tournament here in Dublin Ohio close to me, and I hate golf, so I asked couple neighbors if they wanted them, and 2 dif neighbors have started a bidding war, they are up to $75 for both so far, lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just can't get into golf, boring to me. I'd rather go drown some worms.
    +1
    $75.01 :teach:
    +1
    Take whatever for them, playing golf is fun.... Watching golf at home is relaxing, watching golf in person? Why ...
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna just give away, but they both started bidding more than other, so ill take it
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like ill have steak on the grille tonight for free.
    +3
    Tube? :shy::blush::evil:
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Games are getting huge nowdays, like 125gb a game (4k games anyways). I feel sorry for players that only have a 512gb hd. (Series S)
    +1
    It's fine just stream the game! Lol
    +1
    I wonder if that was the point of game streaming
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec... +1