HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Avent said:
Hello to all!

First of all Tnx for the Update and the hard work from Akaio team.

Now i have tested myself Golden Sun Dark Dawn which i have been waiting sooo much time to be able to play it without bugs or freezes or blacksceerns and i was happy to see 1.8.5 was released...

Always worked for me. 1.8.0. AKAIO 2i with 4 GB Kingston Japan Class 4 MicroSDHC. Works with cheats and everything (I have around 7 codes permanently on to change character names and they work flawlessly). Zero problems, I just have AAP turned on. No glitches, no bugs, nada.

My sis also has a EZFlash Vi with the latest beta of 3.0OB(4?) and cheat codes now work for her on there (the MicroSD she uses is the same as mine). The only problem was that it didn't always boot on on OB2 because you had to turn on special mode and that's a buggy feature on that firmware.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
For those of you having issues with games, make sure you're using clean versions.

QUOTE said:
First go to the AdvanScene database and search for the game you're having issues with (make sure to check "NDS"). In the results, find the entry you have. Make sure it actually has a number (that it's not XXXX), and the region is on the right-hand side, pay attention to that. Click on the game's name. In the new page under "Rom Info:" find "Crc32", that's the hash of the known-proper release.

Download CRC32.exe and run it. Click the ellipses button (...) to the right of the file box and select your ROM file. It may take a minute to calculate, then it will display the CRC32, which you should compare to the one listed on AdvanScene. If you find that the ROM you're having trouble with doesn't match the known clean ROM, then you'll want to redownload it (preferably from a site other than the one you used originally as their copy may be bad/damaged in the first place).

EDIT: Alright, with 1.8.5 cheat note scrolling finally works for me (and presumably for the other users it didn't work with).
File scroll speed still goes to the bottom lightning-fast even with scroll speed on low...

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded 1.8.5a since I had mSD issues. Copied contents over and AKAIO states there's no skins. I'm like "WTF". *Double-checks SD; there actually aren't any skins, most of __aio is missing* Then I download 1.8.5 and copy the contents of __aio over as a base minus the loaders folder. Musta missed that memo. Everything is working smoothly. These alternate binaries work like a charm.

Seems that the original AKAIO 1.8.5 gives me the akmenu4.nds error.

May I ask, what's different about the alternate binaries?

rmenessec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else have working cheats? They're just not applied at all, even on old games. I've tried several, now. Cheats are enabled globally, and now I'm enabling them game-specifically, and still no cheats at all. AK2i HW 81, AKAIO 1.8.5a / SVN 1035, Kingston SDC4/8GB.

I've also got that last-dir bug thing going on.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rmenessec said:
Does anyone else have working cheats? They're just not applied at all, even on old games. I've tried several, now. Cheats are enabled globally, and now I'm enabling them game-specifically, and still no cheats at all. AK2i HW 81, AKAIO 1.8.5a / SVN 1035, Kingston SDC4/8GB.

I've also got that last-dir bug thing going on.
Normmatt on AKAIO.netEDIT: I should probably note that cheats will need to be re-saved by opening the cheat menu and saving it before they will work in any games.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was curious to know the difference between 1.8.5 and 1.8.5a. At the moment I am using 1.8.5 and everthing works and seems to run silky smoothe so I guess I should stick to that version.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Vigilante said:
So what the hell happened to 1.8.4,it could have been better if it was in correct number order rather than skipping

Quit your bitching.
What does it matter? If Normmatt wants it to be 1.8.4, he'll make it 1.8.4.
It's an update, say thank you.

exactly.

Anyways... Thanks Normmatt! Thankfully, he fixed the bricking issue.

And who released the AKaio version 1.8.3?

EDIT:
Mantis41 said:
I was curious to know the difference between 1.8.5 and 1.8.5a. At the moment I am using 1.8.5 and everthing works and seems to run silky smoothe so I guess I should stick to that version.
I think it has do do with some MicroSD Card issues.
Attachments

AKAIO.1.8.5a.rar
Fix for problem SD's ???
(524.08 KiB) Downloaded 1391 times

AKAIO.1.8.5.rar
(2.69 MiB) Downloaded 2409 times

cloudskipa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for this release Normmatt, your hard work is much appreciated.
smile.gif

buffalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
theres no way.

I format my sd card, then i upload 1.8.5 and it says akmenu4.nds not found.

And if I upload 1.8.5a, it seems "normal", but when I select a game it gets stuck or it gives me white screen

I have a kingston 4GB

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

buffalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@A Gay Little cat
yes, i did.
Maybe the problem is with my sd card..?

@Zurren
First I uploaded 1.8.5, but it wasnt working (akmenu4.nds not found), so I copy the akmenu for the 1.8.5a but it neither work

And if I upload 1.8.5a it seems to work, but when you open recent games they just dont work. The older ones are okay

thanks for your help

Avent

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
ehmmm might be a noob question but anyway...i noticed that the 1.8.5(a) ak2loader is way smaller size on Kb than the 1.8.1 loaders...maybe i should delete the ones that were in 1.8.5(a) and replace them with the 1.8.1 ones?

anyway i will try

EDIT:attempt failed, it doesn't process anything,it stucks on *processing...Do not power off!

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buffalo said:
@A Gay Little cat
yes, i format it with.

@Zurren
First I upload 1.8.5, but it wasnt working (akmenu4.nds not found), so I copy the akmenu for the 1.8.5a but it neither work

Then I upload 1.8.5a and it seemed to be working, but when you open recent games they just dont work. The older ones are okay

thanks for your help

Again people please be specific with any games you can or cannot get working. Saying 'recent' or 'older' doesn't help anyone replicate your issue in any meaningful way.

buffalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
haha sorry doyama

I already said it, some of the games that are not working are Dragon Quest IX, Golden Sun, 999, Pokemon, and crime lab body of evidence.

The "older" ones like Criminology, Dragon quest IV, FFIII, and zelda are fine.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
buffalo said:
@A Gay Little cat
yes, i format it with.

@Zurren
First I uploaded 1.8.5, but it wasnt working (akmenu4.nds not found), so I copy the akmenu for the 1.8.5a but it neither work

And if I upload 1.8.5a it seems to work, but when you open recent games they just dont work. The older ones are okay

thanks for your help
You need to do it in this order: Copy 1.8.5's __aio & akmenu4.nds. Copy over 1.8.5a's __aio & akmenu4.nds. It will ask you to overwrite akmenu4.nds, yes. It will ask you to merge the __aio folders and overwrite the loaders because they different between the two releases. You cannot just replace the akmenu4.nds, the loaders are different too.

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will confirm that on the new release certain games (for me, Dragon Quest IX) have odd loading issues.
I say 'odd' because when I first put 1.8.5(a) on, DQ IX loaded fine - once. After that initial load it would get to the yellow "Loading" screen and sit there forever.
I don't have many games on my card right now but all the others loaded up just fine.
To troubleshoot, reverted back to normal 1.8.5, and did get the .nds not found message(using a kingston sdhc 8gb class 4)
Wiped the entire _aio folder and did a fresh 1.8.5(a) - no change, wouldn't load again
Went back to my prior version 1.8.1 and *cough* 1.8.2 - Dragon Quest IX loaded right up, no issues.

buffalo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hakoda said:
buffalo said:
@A Gay Little cat
yes, i format it with.

@Zurren

thanks for your help
You need to do it in this order: Copy 1.8.5's __aio & akmenu4.nds. Copy over 1.8.5a's __aio & akmenu4.nds. It will ask you to overwrite akmenu4.nds, yes. It will ask you to merge the __aio folders and overwrite the loaders because they different between the two releases. You cannot just replace the akmenu4.nds, the loaders are different too.

I already do that

Maybe is just a problem with my sd.. they say kingston cards give more problems, i dont know.

I think im going to keep akaio 1.8.1 until all problems are solved :/

Thanks to everyone

@Artlan
I have the same problem that you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, btw how are you?