XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Another World said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Ah, got it, haha

I felt the tears sting my eyes a bit, thought I wasn't thanking enough D;

Good to know it wasn't directed towards me, thanks =)
And thank you also for akaio.

dry those tears and get back to gaming on your acekard!! =)

-another world

Is that an order?
biggrin.gif

Sir, yes sir! (Or ma'am, yes ma'am)

I don't mean this to be offensive. But

AKAIO 1.7 AND I find out Another World is a chick?! Holy shit!

You learn something every day...

dzanos

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks AKAIO team! I time I get the urge to post is to say thanks because of the great work and effort they put in for the community..

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Someone posted earlier that Soft-reset does not work in Pokémon Soul Silver, he's right.

Not soft-reset back to AKmenu, but in-game Soft-reset does not work.
I tested just Soul Silver and Platinum, L+R+Start+Select = White screens.
That was with NEW DMA (yellow), with Red DMA or Green DMA you can still reset in-game.

New DMA (yellow) in-game soft reset does however work with these games I tested:
New Super Mario Bros
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
Kirby Superstar Ultra
Megaman Starforce 3 Black Ace
Picross 3D
Rhythm Paradise
Sonic Rush Adventure

So yeah, Pokémon Platinum/Soul Silver can't do ingame soft-reset in New DMA.
Can that be fixed? For pokémon players its all too important of a feature.

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wow, thx for this release
it works like a charm on my 2i but can't get past loading on my 2.1 defective one :/

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SylvWolf said:
twiztidsinz said:
So was this fake?
*snip*
(posted by Another World)

I noticed the image name is akaio_1.2b7_rts.jpg and AKAIO is up to 1.7...
But it really wouldn't make sense to take out RTS (unless there was a major bug) especially when it's a seemingly frequently requested feature.
QUOTE(Another World @ Jun 2 2010, 03:50 AM) second, i took that photo. its from a really old akaio beta, a few revisions after slow-motion was removed. it will NEVER be released to the public. so don't ask. as far as i know myself and 1 other has that beta. norm doesn't even have it anymore, he only kept back-ups from 1.3 on.

-another world

Why the heck would you REMOVE RTS?!

Actualy that might have been AKRPG only - IIRC some RPG firmware had RTS

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
RupeeClock said:
Someone posted earlier that Soft-reset does not work in Pokémon Soul Silver, he's right.

Not soft-reset back to AKmenu, but in-game Soft-reset does not work.
I tested just Soul Silver and Platinum, L+R+Start+Select = White screens.
That was with NEW DMA (yellow), with Red DMA or Green DMA you can still reset in-game.

New DMA (yellow) in-game soft reset does however work with these games I tested:
New Super Mario Bros
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
Kirby Superstar Ultra
Megaman Starforce 3 Black Ace
Picross 3D
Rhythm Paradise
Sonic Rush Adventure

So yeah, Pokémon Platinum/Soul Silver can't do ingame soft-reset in New DMA.
Can that be fixed? For pokémon players its all too important of a feature.

the yellow dma mode is new and will have some bugs. users who experience these issues should revert back to the green/blue dma modes when loading a rom. this is the same advice given for the past 8 months with green dma mode, reverting back to red/blue modes. hence the reason why this firmware offers more than 1 dma mode allowing users to debug their own problems and get files working. with other flash kit firmwares you would be out of luck until a new version could be released, assuming the team cares to fix every little tiny problem as the akaio team attempts to do between releases.

macgeek417 said:
Even when I enable homebrew softreset (default is disabled?!) I still can't softreset out of moonshell2...

this is correct and you will need to contact the author of moonshell to find out why he wrote moonshell this way.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO#AKAIO

Code:
How to I "Soft-Reset" back to the AK2 firmware from within Moonshell v2.00? 
You can run the akmenu4.nds file from the Moonshell menu and it will boot the firmware. Alternatively you can rename a copy of the akmenu4.nds to RPGS.nds and place it in the moonshl2/resetmse directory. The second method allows you to use the START button to soft-reset back to the firmware.

xnickx5757 said:
stupid question but......

Whats DMA mode?

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO#AKAIO

CODE
I get how to use DMA mode, but what exactly is it doing?
DMA means Direct Memory Access, and it speeds up things in regards to microSD cards and Flash Linkers, as the combination is not as fast as a retail card with its internal Read Only Memory. DMA copies data from one section of memory to another, without involving the processor. When a processor does a memory copy, it must execute a series of instructions to read data from a memory address into a register, then write the data in that register to another address, and repeat. This involves several instructions, and each read/write cycle is generally limited to the bandwidth of the processor (i.e. a 32 bit machine copies 32 bits at a time). DMA, on the other hand, is a hardware solution that does all of the work automatically and doesn't involve the processor (and thus no loop operations or anything like that). Not only is it often twice as fast, but it leaves the processor free to do other work.

-another world

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
I will not tolerate any irate selfish off-colored opinions about the Normmatt, Smiths, or the AKAIO firmware. Normal users who complain do nothing but make the developers feel upset, they take your hurtful remarks personally. Kindly remember that Normmatt and Smiths code AKAIO in their free time. They are not paid for their work, and they do not ask anything of the public except for the occasional correctly formatted Bug Report.

Users who can not keep this thread on topic will be moderated and possibly warned. Act like adults, even if you are not yet legally adults, and think before you type.

-Another World

Scolded people on the first page. >.> None the less. Thank you very much for the update.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
the yellow dma mode is new and will have some bugs. users who experience these issues should revert back to the green/blue dma modes when loading a rom. this is the same advice given for the past 8 months with green dma mode, reverting back to red/blue modes. hence the reason why this firmware offers more than 1 dma mode allowing users to debug their own problems and get files working. with other flash kit firmwares you would be out of luck until a new version could be released, assuming the team cares to fix every little tiny problem as the akaio team attempts to do between releases.

In any case I'm curious why yellow DMA was not given a testing phase like the previous release candidates.
Then again, what does the label matter?

As a GUI update I think it would be nice if you could set DMA mode as a toggle option on a per-ROM basis, rather than having to hold a button down on boot.

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
KeiZero said:
i'm having some problems here

can someone please paste all the contents of the "globalsettings.ini" for me ?

thx

If you can't get the information through conventional means (i.e. just downloading the file and executing it) then it's not open to the public. You should just be able to access the contents yourself with Word Pad. Also, I've never messed with globalsettings.ini in my personal experience, so out of curiosity, what kind of problems are you having and why do you need access? Maybe globalsettings.ini doesn't have anything to do with the problems you're having, it could very well be something else.

And to the AKAIO team - your work is greatly appreciated, thank you for making DS emulation 1,000,000 times easier
smile.gif
Keep up the great work!

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome work!!
gbasp.gif
btw I don't care if you take your time on releases, its better to refine code over time anyway. Thanks again
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
RupeeClock said:
In any case I'm curious why yellow DMA was not given a testing phase like the previous release candidates.

it was tested for 2 beta revisions, but you can not expect the beta testing team to try every possible combination of over 4,900 rom files.

-another world

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
RupeeClock said:

it was tested for 2 beta revisions, but you can not expect the beta testing team to try every possible combination of over 4,900 rom files.

-another world
So does AKAIO have an internal beta testing team or did I simply not notice the NEW DMA option because it didn't default?

I'm surprised a title as big as Pokémon slipped through the net.

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are great updates. I would totally donate 5-10 bucks to the AKAIO team for this epic update. (AC:WW cheats, game fixes, YES. ) :33

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spark1223 said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Another World said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Ah, got it, haha

I felt the tears sting my eyes a bit, thought I wasn't thanking enough D;

Good to know it wasn't directed towards me, thanks =)
And thank you also for akaio.

dry those tears and get back to gaming on your acekard!! =)

-another world

Is that an order?
biggrin.gif

Sir, yes sir! (Or ma'am, yes ma'am)

I don't mean this to be offensive. But

AKAIO 1.7 AND I find out Another World is a chick?! Holy shit!

You learn something every day...

Haha, I was leaving the gender open. I wasn't gonna call a woman a man and i wasn't going to call a man a woman, so I said yes to both
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica