AKAIO 1.6 RC2

Camalach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lakerfanalways said:
I have a weird issue with the new WarioWare game
I updated the firmware..I went to the game and it starts just fine, then I have to go and create a monster which I did, but as soon as I do that and it wario says that I have talent and it goes 3,2,1..then the screen goes black and thats it..anyone have that issue..Im on the latest AKAIO firmware
I have the same issue. Can anyone help?

Camalach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Camalach said:
Lakerfanalways said:
I have a weird issue with the new WarioWare game
I updated the firmware..I went to the game and it starts just fine, then I have to go and create a monster which I did, but as soon as I do that and it wario says that I have talent and it goes 3,2,1..then the screen goes black and thats it..anyone have that issue..Im on the latest AKAIO firmware
I have the same issue. Can anyone help?
Nevermind, I just had to wait like a minute. Thanks anyways.

Cryoburner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've been using AKAIO for some time, and I've noticed an issue with Morning Timer 1.3 in the AKAIO 1.6 release candidates, related to the new soft-reset features. Having soft-reset for homebrew is a great addition, but it seems to prevent Morning Timer from booting when enabled, forcing me to disable soft-reset entirely. Whether I choose the IRQ or SWI hook method, Morning Timer detects a 'fatal error' at startup. I noticed a mention of incompatibility with Libnds in another thread, so perhaps this is related to that. I wouldn't mind if soft-reset didn't work in the program, but preventing a regularly used application from booting entirely means I need to keep the feature completely disabled.

If it's an issue that's not easily fixable, it might be nice to have a limited version of the 'rom settings' menu available for homebrew as well, so that soft-reset could be disabled for those specific programs where it may cause problems.

Emdudeman1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey um... i just updated with this, and now none of my roms are loading. I Just get the processing bar for a lot longer than normal then 2 white screens. Tried it with all my roms on there and i get the same thing.

supersonic5000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cryoburner said:
Hi, I've been using AKAIO for some time, and I've noticed an issue with Morning Timer 1.3 in the AKAIO 1.6 release candidates, related to the new soft-reset features. Having soft-reset for homebrew is a great addition, but it seems to prevent Morning Timer from booting when enabled, forcing me to disable soft-reset entirely. Whether I choose the IRQ or SWI hook method, Morning Timer detects a 'fatal error' at startup. I noticed a mention of incompatibility with Libnds in another thread, so perhaps this is related to that. I wouldn't mind if soft-reset didn't work in the program, but preventing a regularly used application from booting entirely means I need to keep the feature completely disabled.

If it's an issue that's not easily fixable, it might be nice to have a limited version of the 'rom settings' menu available for homebrew as well, so that soft-reset could be disabled for those specific programs where it may cause problems.
It can.
tongue.gif
push y over the homebrew to open the rom properties then change the rom settings for soft reset from default to disabled.

Cryoburner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supersonic5000 said:
It can. : P push y over the homebrew to open the rom properties then change the rom settings for soft reset from default to disabled.

Are you sure you're not thinking of commercial roms? I get no such option for homebrew in AKAIO 1.6 RC2. The Properties menu only contains a 'Shortcut' button and an 'OK' button.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Cryoburner said:
supersonic5000 said:
It can. : P push y over the homebrew to open the rom properties then change the rom settings for soft reset from default to disabled.

Are you sure you're not thinking of commercial roms? I get no such option for homebrew in AKAIO 1.6 RC2. The Properties menu only contains a 'Shortcut' button and an 'OK' button.
Confirmed, there's no menu for homebrew since homebrew historically didn't need anything in that menu.

Ryu Sparda

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I am excused for troubling you. On Acekard 2i with FIRMWARE AKAIO 1.6 RC1 and RC2 while pressing A+B+down, the games went to the menu without problems, but all options - a theme, and other options, are set to default. And saves in .SAV FORMAT can't be readed, but the new .sav to be created. In "Advance Wars Dual Strike" and other games not to play now. WTF? And sorry for my english

Ryu Sparda

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
OMG Renaming has helped lol))) Thanks Rydian. But what about this ''while pressing L+R+A+B+down, all options - a theme, and other options, are set to default''??? For example any theme becomes Adv. EvoR after pressing L+R+A+B+down (Not A+B+down sorry)

Codify

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
• Show error screen on boot if your using a clone.

• Now shows an error if a clone is detected.

Why is this? The AKAIO team don't like people pirating Acekards, but they are happy to support pirated games?

Doesn't affect me, I've got a genuine Acekard, but it just seems a bit hypocritical. IIRC the AKAIO team have nothing to do with the official Acekard people, so why do they care if Acekard is losing sales to clone companies?

Gunmaster51

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Codify said:
QUOTE said:
• Show error screen on boot if your using a clone.

• Now shows an error if a clone is detected.

Why is this? The AKAIO team don't like people pirating Acekards, but they are happy to support pirated games?

Doesn't affect me, I've got a genuine Acekard, but it just seems a bit hypocritical. IIRC the AKAIO team have nothing to do with the official Acekard people, so why do they care if Acekard is losing sales to clone companies?

Haven't you heard of "honour among pirates"? Pirates don't like it when other pirates try to steal their glory. If you slaved for hours to create something, regardless whether it was illegal or not, would you like it if someone just came up and took all your hard work and claimed credit for it? I don't know why Normatt and AKAIO team are releasing firmwares without any monetary return but the least we can do is credit them for the work they do.

Oh yeah and thanks Team AKAIO.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
A quote from me in another thread.

Rydian said:
UltraMagnus said:
why do people get so worked up about and put so much effort into stopping a pirated piracy device?
huh.gif
'Cause people don't like it when other people sell their work, and clone flash carts are selling AKAIO.

In the game dev's case, they get paid either way because they made the product and somebody pays them...
But in this case free work is being done (AKAIO is not the official firmware) and somebody else (the clone makers) are making money off it, while the programmers of AKAIO aren't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O8G6DCnlLDQ