Hacking Akaio 1.5.1 quirks

  • Thread starter Thread starter BloodAdept
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 4,113
  • Replies Replies 22

BloodAdept

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
64
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
79
Country
United States
I only recently realized that in none of my games can i use soft reset since i updated to 1.5.1 . Oddly i can no longer soft reset from akaio 1.5 either, anyone else come across this problem and/or know the solution?

Additionally i cannot save Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth. When i attempt to it just freezes (thinking it was just taking awhile i left it alone for 3 hours, and when i came back it still said "saving"). Anyone got any ideas?
 
BoxShot said:
Format and install a fresh copy of akaio? Well mine works fine.

if by format you mean the sd card, i'll have to pass. Read to many accounts of people doing that and destroying their micro sd's. While 8gb micro sd cards are cheaper than they used to be, i can't afford to buy a new one...
 
Where have you seen people destroying their micro sd's from formatting?

How about just a fresh copy of akaio then.
tongue.gif
 
... i've screwed up my 2gb sandisk before..

and anyway on topic: go to options for whatever game is not soft resetting and set soft reset to enabled.. (usually it'll be on default)
 
obito said:
... i've screwed up my 2gb sandisk before..

and anyway on topic: go to options for whatever game is not soft resetting and set soft reset to enabled.. (usually it'll be on default)
Actually it should be disabled now that I think about it. (well at least mine was if yours isn't) I put a fresh copy of akaio today as I changed back to my acekard and first thing I did was go to my system properties.
mellow.gif
Well that doesn't solve the other problem though.
 
BloodAdept said:
I only recently realized that in none of my games can i use soft reset since i updated to 1.5.1 . Oddly i can no longer soft reset from akaio 1.5 either, anyone else come across this problem and/or know the solution?

Additionally i cannot save Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth. When i attempt to it just freezes (thinking it was just taking awhile i left it alone for 3 hours, and when i came back it still said "saving"). Anyone got any ideas?
check your Game Config Option and make sure that SoftReset is ON... and there is no point of waiting for a few hours for a game to Save, it would only take a few seconds the most
 
Covering soft reset: Not only have i enabled it specifically for games, but also set it to enable all games from the system properties.

As for waiting 3 hours, i took a much needed nap.
 
Seeing you obviously are NEVER going to format your msd (I 'd like to call my bookie to place a bet on it), if I were you I would get my hands on another msd (not to buy, borrow from mobile phone, etc) to test it...otherwise, without the formatting solution you are just going to have to live with it.
 
Gee, if your SD card corrupts while formatting, you know you're having bad luck.

I say you should try it. Panasonic's formatter has never let me down. Copy your files first, of course... And if worst comes to worst, mow a few lawns and buy a new one for less than $10.
 
Dark^'^Knight said:
Seeing you obviously are NEVER going to format your msd (I 'd like to call my bookie to place a bet on it), if I were you I would get my hands on another msd (not to buy, borrow from mobile phone, etc) to test it...otherwise, without the formatting solution you are just going to have to live with it.

To quote one of my favorite songs.

"I'll take that bet, and your gonna regret" kudos if you know the song.

Geoflcl where you find an 8gb msd card for $10?
 
Maybe it's just me, but I've NEVER had luck with "hotkeys". I think I got it to work ONCE when I first got my AK. As it stands, I'll just hard reset. It's easier with very similar results.
 
geoflcl said:
I didn't mean an 8GB card... Just a decent 2GB one...

Sorry to ruin your hopes and dreams.
frown.gif

Dear god, if you think that made it into my dreams your seriously demented... As for hopes, eh not really was actually fascinated more with the thought. Sadly I cannot even afford $10 at the moment. Someone thought it would be funny to well... Lets just say I owe someone $5,000 for something I had nothing to do with -.-"
closedeyes.gif


Side Note:

Went to start backing up my files in order to format my micro sd card, Ace Attorney Investigations Miles Edgeworth was a corrupted file... will test later if a new copy will allow me to save properly.
 
Odd discovery!
excl.gif
excl.gif
yaynds.gif
bow.gif
lecture.gif
excl.gif
excl.gif


For anyone experiencing the soft reset problem, do L+R+A+X+Y+B and then the down directional key. Tested with all 37 games on the 8gb micro sd card. This solution worked on all of them.
 
Doesn't anyone read the AKAIO Wiki anymore? The correct soft reset is: L+R+B+A+Down. I had a little trouble getting it at first as well because of my switch from an M3 DS Simply which had a different keystoke.
 
jonjon95 said:
Doesn't anyone read the AKAIO Wiki anymore? The correct soft reset is: L+R+B+A+Down. I had a little trouble getting it at first as well because of my switch from an M3 DS Simply which had a different keystoke.

Damn, your right... thanks for reminding me.
 

Site & Scene News