Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Suggestions regarding documentation.

1 - Put the AKAIO Wiki link at download pages on GBATemp servers and the readme included on package so people that use the download system can check the documentation before asking "stupid and already answered questions" and performing "repeated bug reporting" .

2 - Put the AKAIO bug tracker link on download pages and readme, so people can check the reports.

Thanks for your attention =)

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
if you are having issues with akaio on your ak2i, make sure you are using the latest loaders. acekard changed the hardware recently, and the recent batch of ak2is were blocking akaio. as of tonight the issue has been sorted.

get the loader updated here:
http://akaio.gbatemp.net/loaders/

QUOTE said:
Notes: Fix broken soft reset from last update.
Fix problems with newer AK2i's.

-another world

AW, see if I have this right, because using the newest proper 1.4.1, DSi firmware 1.4u, AK2i:
I have the newest loader you linked to for ak/ak2i put in the _aio/ak2loader/ folder, file still named ak2loader.nds

When I try and start a game, any game, the Loading word turns blue to green, and just sits there, seemingly locked up.
What did I miss? The card is freshly formatted with the SD formatter app. Moonshell is working fine, etc.

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
Shouldn't the newest loader be under the _aio/loaders

Yes, yes it should lol. Thanks for point out what I was missing. It's working just fine now. Thank you. I knew I was looking at it too hard lol.

gramin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My AK2i arrived from DX today, I'm in Australia.

1.4.1 Proper doesn't work "out of the box." DX have the new hardware revision (my AK2i comes in a box, has the orange DSi compatible sticker.)

The above post about changing the loader file works perfectly!

Fucking awesome work guys, but I have one question.

Will you be adding checks for the DSi so that there is no longer options for Slot 2, Brightness Levels of 1-5, and the other small bits and pieces that don't relate to the DSi anymore?

Cheers, and top work. I love it
biggrin.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
@gramin: the sd slot icon was already added, but not released yet. that should be in akaio v1.5. according to what i was told, the dsi brightness setting is hardware related. you can't adjust it from anywhere but the dsi screen and a button combination. so no, i don't think that will be added. norm correct me here if i'm wrong...

-another world

gramin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool work, I guess it's no biggy about the brightness thing. If you can't go from 1-5 maybe it's best to remove it all together for DSi users? Considering we have the always available button combination now
smile.gif

A discovery I just made, the NDS Wifi Backup tool doesn't work on the DSi, it wont accept any of the games I put into it
frown.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Norm, found the solution you were looking for though I'm not sure if it could be implemented generically. It's part of the arm7 sleep command to do:
Code:
MOVÂÂÂÂ R0, #0x2000 @ Bit13 or GBA ext card IRQ
BLÂÂÂÂÂÂEnableIntMask
slightly before issuing it's SWI 7 (sleep), nopping in arm7 like this in Advance Wars US (raw .nds -not arm7bin- hex offset) solves the sleep/hinge/DSisHavingASeizure issue:
Code:
0x2CEF14: 020AA0E3 38D8FFEB to 0000A0E1 0000A0E1
It's quite possible the same exists in the browser, I'll look into it next - but I'm guessing from a quick look in the hex editor that (020AA0E3 ****FFEB, with **** being variable depending on game) could be a viable replacement search macro for within arm7 binary.

It was explained elsewhere in relation to GBA sleep hacks, EZ4 and 3in1 generate an interrupt at sleep which is apparently a confirmed and overlooked design flaw/bug.

edit:/ looks like the browser halting is going to be beyond my ability atm, no idea how the wifi stuff works and it seem to have a bunch of cpu code in the overlays or other files in it - but I'll test the 0x2000 possibility I've come across (nope, no go. Makes me wonder if it works on EZV... nope, nada.)

Seems like the template (020AA0E3 ****FFEB) should work, tried it on MegaMan Battle Network 5 DS USA's arm7
Code:
0x2A8734: 020AA0E3 F6D7FFEB to 0000A0E1 0000A0E1
And that one is sleeping just fine as well.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
cory1492 said:
Norm, found the solution you were looking for though I'm not sure if it could be implemented generically. It's part of the arm7 sleep command to do:
Code:
BLÂÂÂÂÂÂEnableIntMask
slightly before issuing it's SWI 7 (sleep), nopping in arm7 like this in Advance Wars US (raw .nds -not arm7bin- hex offset) solves the sleep/hinge/DSisHavingASeizure issue:
Code:
It's quite possible the same exists in the browser, I'll look into it next - but I'm guessing from a quick look in the hex editor that (020AA0E3 ****FFEB, with **** being variable depending on game) could be a viable replacement search macro for within arm7 binary.

It was explained elsewhere in relation to GBA sleep hacks, EZ4 and 3in1 generate an interrupt at sleep which is apparently a confirmed and overlooked design flaw/bug.

edit:/ looks like the browser halting is going to be beyond my ability atm, no idea how the wifi stuff works and it seem to have a bunch of cpu code in the overlays or other files in it - but I'll test the 0x2000 possibility I've come across (nope, no go. Makes me wonder if it works on EZV... nope, nada.)

Seems like the template (020AA0E3 ****FFEB) should work, tried it on MegaMan Battle Network 5 DS USA's arm7
Code:

Nice find
biggrin.gif

I've added this to the AK2 patcher and it will auto search and replace these opcodes. Though as you stated the opera browser still exhibits that DSisHavingASeizure issue as you stated probably because that code is in one of the overlay files.

abaddon41_80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does TWEWY freeze for anyone else? I haven't played in a while and decided to start a new game this morning and it kept on freezing at the beginning when Neku was running right when Beat popped up. Using an Acekard 2.1 and an 8GB A-Data microSD.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
abaddon41_80 said:
Does TWEWY freeze for anyone else? I haven't played in a while and decided to start a new game this morning and it kept on freezing at the beginning when Neku was running right when Beat popped up. Using an Acekard 2.1 and an 8GB A-Data microSD.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=Search&am...ghlite=%2BTWEWY

And people wonder why i've stopped reading these forums.

abaddon41_80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smiths said:
abaddon41_80 said:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=Search&am...ghlite=%2BTWEWY

And people wonder why i've stopped reading these forums.

Apparently you didn't stop reading them. Thanks for the help, I figured it out.

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Normmatt said:
cory1492 said:
Code:
BLÂÂÂÂÂÂEnableIntMask
Code:

Code:

Nice find
biggrin.gif

I've added this to the AK2 patcher and it will auto search and replace these opcodes. Though as you stated the opera browser still exhibits that DSisHavingASeizure issue as you stated probably because that code is in one of the overlay files.

Can you add that fix to the RPG loader too?

EDIT (04/20/09)

Dated 20/04/2009

Notes: "Fixed #0470,#0614,#0845,#2104
Fixed Sleep mode with 3in1 inserted on AKRPG.
"
http://akaio.gbatemp.net/loaders/

Thank you! The fix worked (in the game "0364 - Puzzle Series Vol. 1 - Jigsaw Puzzle")!

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Using AKAIO on an AK2i/DSi. Well done. I come from using a CycloDS on my DSL and their support and constant updates were second to none. AKAIO has some great features and the loader updates are very timely. If it wasn't for AKAIO, I probably wouldn't have purchased an Acekard.

kodkod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi peeps, i really need some help here. i just bought the wife a ds-i and a acekard2 i so far so good, i have downloaded software from here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4775, which is the only 1 i can actually get to load btw, but when i try to load a game i get a red loading message and then nothing. can some1 tell me what i'm doing wrong or send me somewhere where i can find out
thx

edit i have updated to the 1.4.1 proper but still the same
any game i put on the card shows-up but when i try to run it it says loading then that changes colour and then nothing else

Daslim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys litsen i was having trouble loading my r4 savs on my acekard 2 i so i decided to use the firmware from AKAIO but when i load the TWEWY rom or castlevania it jjust stay loading the game the loading text is blue then turns to green and stops any help?

PS:when i change it to the Official filmware for ACEKARD the rom worked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"