The Joystick Lunatic
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lithium210 said:
JLsoft said:
Anyone else getting a Guru Meditation Error w/an AK2.1 if you ParentDir all the way back to the MicroSD/GBA Slot/Shortcut screen and then select MicroSD? :/
Nope, just tested what you said multiple times and no error. so far everything is working great!

Thanks for testing, lithium210
tongue.gif

After formatting/copying back just to make sure it wasn't corruption weirdness, I'm still getting it, but I narrowed it down to realize that 'It crashes whenever it loads *my* root directory listing a second time'...which I'm blaming on my having 140+ folders+files in root. I guess memory got tighter in the final 1.3
smile.gif
Oh well, I can deal

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the guru meditation error was put in to help track bugs such as stack dumps and memory out of bounds issues. norm is working to track down why its popping up so please give it a few days. it would be appreciated if everyone stopped reporting on it, both of them know about the problem.

cheers,
-another world

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lithium210 said:
Diosoth said:
lithium210 said:
Diosoth said:
Homebrew game Virus DS white screens out completely. It also white screens whenever I use the menu to change skins. HiHi Puffy AmiYumi: Genie & The Amp also freezes when the game enters an auto-save menu.

I have a friend who's having proplem with multiple games and its always "white" screens and it turned out to be his memory card. I just tested Virus DS (08_Virus_Ds_adult.zip) and no problems at all. No issues either with changing skins or 0474-HiHi Puffy AmiYumi (Non-Trimmed) either on a Transcend 8gb-Class6.

I have a 4GB Kingston Japan. I trim all my ROMs for space concerns, as I get maybe 400-500 MB extra freed up that way total.

I trimmed the games with NDS Tokyo Trim 2.0 and they still work. Are you using the Akaio trimmer or something else?

I use NDS Tokyo Trim. Not sure yet if the Puffy AmiYumi glitch repeats on OFW, as the game's not that good to begin with, so I didn't boot it back up.

dzanos

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you very much for this excellent release! More power to you guys..

I have a question, how do I update the plugins? For example, DSVideo had an update to 1.1 but the file in the release is in ak4 format so it's not a direct overwrite.. sorry if this has been asked I wasn't able to find any info on it..

Again thank you!!

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
dzanos said:
Thank you very much for this excellent release! More power to you guys..

I have a few questions, how do I update the loaders? For example, DSVideo had an update but the file in the release is in ak4 format.. sorry if this has been asked I wasn't able to find any info on it..

Again thank you!!

You don't they are slated for removal soon anyway.

dewback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great Job on the release I've no have been converted to the AKAIO.
I'm surprised that a home brew version of the loader has better features and better compatibility.
My son thanks you for getting Bleach Dark Souls to work

CoconutCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Normatt and AKAIO Team!

Will try this new version soon. Sounds awesome as always.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are the gbatemp downloads VERY SLOW for others here too, or is it just me?

I'm getting like 2kps right now and have to use a download program with resume just to get files from here. Other sites download fine for me. I'm in the USA if it makes a difference.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thanks for yet another new version of AKAIO. I really like it and the only problem I have with it is that you keep releasing new better updates all the time so I have to get new versions
tongue.gif

CoconutCake said:
Are the gbatemp downloads VERY SLOW for others here too, or is it just me?

I'm getting like 2kps right now and have to use a download program with resume just to get files from here. Other sites download fine for me. I'm in the USA if it makes a difference.
No there must be some problems on your side. I just downloaded it in less than 2 seconds.

CoconutCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW!!!

Tried this release just now and it's mindblowingly good! Every "problem" game I had now works great.

Special thanks for fixing Bleach 2. I know many people have been hoping fot that.

AKAIO makes the AK2 worth owning.

Too bad this site still loads slow for me, no idea why. :-( Wish there was an AKAIO for my internet. LOL!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

unknownworlder said:
I just want to know one thing, what is DMA mode?

DMA is a common acronym for Direct Memory Access.

I don't know the exact context for AKAIO, but it likely means they're using a faster way to read/write to the DS RAM to speed up data transfer from the AK2. The result would be games running smoother. At least, that is my hypothesis.

xman01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Problem with Carnival Games (E) sav files not working in DMS mode, they get created but fail to load.

Create a character and play a little, quit then restart the ds. Boot the game up and no character, instead back to making one.

None dms works fine.

Using dsi for test

any hope of a fix soon?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
florian said:
ShAdOwFuRi said:
AKAIO is the shit!!

AKAIO is great and nice
smile.gif
and you are a big shit ShAdOwFuRi
frown.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!...

In America "being the shit" is a VERY good thing.

@xman01: sounds to me like your save is corrupt. please delete the save and try to duplicate the problem.

@CoconutCake: you are correct except its for faster read/writes to the sd card. this allows many problem games (POR) to play without issue. Norm has based his DMA patching off the 4.12 sources but vastly improved upon the hooking method.

@Minox_IX: thanks to the wifi loader updates its easier than ever to get the lastest build =). smiths also added release notes to the GUI so you know if the loader your about to update is needed or not.

-another world

CoconutCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
@CoconutCake: you are correct except its for faster read/writes to the sd card. this allows many problem games (POR) to play without issue. Norm has based his DMA patching off the 4.12 sources but vastly improved upon the hooking method.

Thanks for the info. It surely works well, as POR runs great and very stable for me.

I can honestly say the AK2 ia perfect for me now with the latest AKAIO. I didn't expect a $10 flash cart to be this good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys, what are some 10/10 games?