Hacking AK2i update (unbrick) question...

penthaler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe this question is stupid, but I need to know the answer...

When I make a update FW of the card and it bricks, and I want to unbrick it, does this bricked card need a microSD with any OS and update file inserted inside?
I know the file which to use to do it, I know this updating step by step, but... when I start the update on working card, unplug it - and instead of it insert that bricked - does the bricked need anything inside it?

(I hope you know what I mean)

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think I understand you, but forgive me if i'm wrong.
you're saying, that you want to make an update file for a card, and if it bricks, can you unbrick it by putting a microsd with the update file in the card?
when a card is bricked, it cannot be read by the ds(i), so you can't run the update again. Except for the ak2i. If you update the ak2i on a dslite or dsi, you can put the updater on another card and run it, then flip out the other flashcard and update the ak2i.

penthaler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Almost understand
biggrin.gif

I need to know only - that I need (or dont need) any microSD in that bricked card.

I know that I must run the update file on another WORKING card, and whole procedure I know too...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o