FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[BnC said:
Mitchell]
Isn't it funny how the WHOLE ENTIRE NDS homebrew comunity relies on these flashcarts: if a future update were, to say, block these for good, imagine what the world would be like then.

We know that'll never happen. It's a crapload of hackers against one company. The World > Nintendo.

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
chickenmatt5 said:
Crap, I only have an original DS and a 1.4 DSi. What do I do?
unsure.gif

This has been asked for many times now, Use your original DS (I am assuming its a DSL/DSP) to patch/upgrade your Ak2i...
I haven't upgraded my ak2i.. i just know..
smile.gif

Bitfarb said:
QUOTE(mullenlegend @ Aug 18 2009, 12:47 PM) I got owned >.> My Acekard got bricked.
frown.gif
I updated it then I did the reboot and now nothing shows up. It is just blank. I didn't update my DSi yet. I did use the DSi Update too.
frown.gif
I guess I will have to buy a new one off of Dealextreme.

Sounds like the same thing that happened to me. AFAIK I did everything right, but it still died. Guess I'll wait to buy a replacement so I can buy one pre-fixed.

Did you guys tried to fix it? I think there is a way to fix them in a thread somewhere using DSLites.. I am not sure though..
Guess you guys should look around..

I found this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=174822
Although I am sure there quite few threads around about these kind of stuffs..

Bitfarb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheDestroyer said:
chickenmatt5 said:
Crap, I only have an original DS and a 1.4 DSi. What do I do?
unsure.gif

This has been asked for many times now, Use your original DS (I am assuming its a DSL/DSP) to patch/upgrade your Ak2i...
I haven't upgraded my ak2i.. i just know..
smile.gif

Bitfarb said:
QUOTE(mullenlegend @ Aug 18 2009, 12:47 PM) I got owned >.> My Acekard got bricked.
frown.gif
I updated it then I did the reboot and now nothing shows up. It is just blank. I didn't update my DSi yet. I did use the DSi Update too.
frown.gif
I guess I will have to buy a new one off of Dealextreme.

Sounds like the same thing that happened to me. AFAIK I did everything right, but it still died. Guess I'll wait to buy a replacement so I can buy one pre-fixed.

Did you guys tried to fix it? I think there is a way to fix them in a thread somewhere using DSLites.. I am not sure though..
Guess you guys should look around..

I found this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=174822
Although I am sure there quite few threads around about these kind of stuffs..

Darn. That looks like it'd fix it, but my only spare is an Acekard 2, and I'm guessing the DSL multi-card update only works on 2i.
At least that means that I could fix my old card when I buy a replacement, so I'll have a working spare 2i.

rose_petal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded the fix and used a ds lite to run the firmware. it appeared to update successfully but now neither a ds lite or dsi recognise rhe acekard . Any ideas??

chickenmatt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rose_petal said:
I downloaded the fix and used a ds lite to run the firmware. it appeared to update successfully but now neither a ds lite or dsi recognise rhe acekard . Any ideas??
It probably bricked...
hate2.gif

ecliastee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the AK 2i 1.4 upload, and I downloaded only 1 file, not two? What happened?
frown.gif
What I downloaded was "a2ifw_update_14.rar" no dsi or dsl at the end!

Also, im new to flashcarts, do I just drag and drop the rar file to the micro SD? along with all the games + the loader? and it should work?

Thanks!

chickenmatt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ecliastee said:
I downloaded the AK 2i 1.4 upload, and I downloaded only 1 file, not two? What happened?
frown.gif

Also, im new to flashcarts, do I just drag and drop the rar file to the micro SD? along with all the games + the loader? and it should work?

Thanks!
First, unzip the .rar file. If you have a DSi (1.3), put the .dsi file on your micro SD card. If you have a DS Lite, put the .dsl on your micro SD card. Then run it.

rctgamer3

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
chickenmatt5 said:
ecliastee said:
frown.gif

Thanks!
First, unzip the .rar file. If you have a DSi (1.3), put the .dsi file on your micro SD card. If you have a DS Lite, put the .dsl on your micro SD card. Then run it.
The DSi version is for the normal DS' too (Use the DSi version (in most cases). The DSL version is only if you want to update multiple cards.

nadine7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMFG said:
So with this people can get the ak2i to work with dsi 1.4?

have a new ak2i card and want to update to work with dsi 1.4 .
do i simply drag and drop update into tf card .
i've done this and keep getting error on dsi when i click onto ak2i .
what am i doing wrong ?

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nadine7 said:
OMFG said:
So with this people can get the ak2i to work with dsi 1.4?

have a new ak2i card and want to update to work with dsi 1.4 .
do i simply drag and drop update into tf card .
i've done this and keep getting error on dsi when i click onto ak2i .
what am i doing wrong ?

Did you use the DSi version of Acekard 1.4 firmware fix? Just simply drag and drop to the microSD (TF) card.

It works fine for me.

ecliastee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chickenmatt5 said:
ecliastee said:
frown.gif

Thanks!

THANKS! that was a big help! Also, for the flash cart to work, what files do i need besides the games? ( Im new to AceKard ) i need the loader, and the new update + the games, and it should work?

dragonbladerxx1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK! USe DSL.nds if u want to update using ur dslite or DS Phat! U canalso use if u have multiple acekards! USe the DSi.NDS if u want to update using ur dsi!( UR DSi has to be Version 1.3 or under)

nadine7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah , separated , dragged and dropped dsi update file only . will try again .

just rec'd ak2i card today , it was not used on dsi before 1.4 was downloaded .
do i need to update ak2i card from a ds before it will work on dsi with 1.4 ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo