Hacking AK2i update for 3DS2.0 and DSI1.4.2

Sayishere

Trophies
XP
Country
RowanDDR said:
How are you guys updating the acekard "from" your 3DS? My acekard won't boot on my 3DS so I can't run any update files from it

I made this mistake as well

I accidently updated my 3DS, i think you had to update the card itself

i have shot myself in the foot
frown.gif

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
So if I want this to work on an DSi do I update the card on a DSlite using ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSi.nds then put it into the DSi or can I do it all from DSI?

Pheinte

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Wizerzak said:
So if I want this to work on an DSi do I update the card on a DSlite using ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSi.nds then put it into the DSi or can I do it all from DSI?
If you're going to use a DS Lite to update the flashcart, use the DSL file.

It doesn't matter if you're going to use that flashcart in a DSi

Keva

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive updated mine and its showing as a Chess game in my DSi and works fine.

In my 3DS however, it doesn't work at all. Even turning it on and off does nothing but show up the ak2i icon but of coarse, that doesn't launch the card.

My card is HW44 also.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saying I updated on my DSL, works 100% fine on my 3DS (it shows the chessmaster ubisoft logo too).
HW81

Telix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried everything but I can't get around the "update is cancelled, reboot DS" error when trying to update this on my 3DS. I've cleared off the card besides the updater and new akaio, I've moved them to a sub-directory, I've hammered start while loading the updater a dozen times... nothing works. Frustrating because I don't have any other DS systems around.

Edit: Well, bizzarely, after typing that I loaded it once more from root, not a sub-directory, and hammered start, and it updated! Yesss

Bwear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RowanDDR said:

Update the flash cart BEFORE the system, always.
What happens if you updated the system BEFORE flash cart? Will it still work..?
mellow.gif

I didn't know about Nintendo's update at all. I haven't updated my DSI for like more than a year. Haven't touched the console for like 6 months.. Finally decided to have a look at my DSI today.. updated the system and yeah, black screen. There goes the AK2i.
hateps3.gif
Problem is.. I don't have any other DS console lying around, so I can't update my AK2i.

roastable

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bwear said:
RowanDDR said:

Update the flash cart BEFORE the system, always.
What happens if you updated the system BEFORE flash cart? Will it still work..?
mellow.gif

I didn't know about Nintendo's update at all. I haven't updated my DSI for like more than a year. Haven't touched the console for like 6 months.. Finally decided to have a look at my DSI today.. updated the system and yeah, black screen. There goes the AK2i.
hateps3.gif
Problem is.. I don't have any other DS console lying around, so I can't update my AK2i.

If you update the system before, your cart won't be able to be read, thus not letting you update the cart.

Bwear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
roastable said:
If you update the system before, your cart won't be able to be read, thus not letting you update the cart.
So this means there is no other way than using another DS to do the AK 2i update first.
mellow.gif

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
Use proper file to update to avoid mistakes.
...DSi.nds for DSi console
...DSL.nds for DS Lite/Phat console

All posts with issues should includes what ak hwid is.

roastable

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bwear said:
roastable said:
So this means there is no other way than using another DS to do the AK 2i update first.
mellow.gif
That's right. Just borrow a DS from a friend, or even go to a game store and ask to test their used DS.

doodads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like I should add my experience just to add to the info even though it has been said.

I updated mine on my 3DS and then updated my 3DS and everything works flawlessly. Not sure what HW version I have since I'm not that savvy about this stuff but it's the latest one with 3DS even mentioned on the box and whatnot.

manobon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HW81, just put the AKAIO 1.8.7 & the DSL file- put it in my DSL, and it goes to a white screen on top, and black screen with white text on the bottom (I don't know what language the text is in).

Any help?

lightakejerry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a long time waiting, finally new AceKard 2i update for 3DS2.0 and DSI1.4.2 has released on June 7 afternoon by Acekard Team ,what a exciting news!
This update support 3DS2.0 and DSi1.4.2. Please refer to readme file in the package. AK2i of HWID44 can be updated this time too.
But AK2i of HWID44 can't be recognized after using power button to reset console. You need power off console and turn it on again.
Don't forget to write feedback in time if you got any problems in upgrading process,we'll help Acekard Team to fix this BUG together thanks in advance.

NOTE:You can use any type of Nintendo console (including DS/DSL/DSi(XL)/3DS) to finish updates,but the version of the console must be lower than this new kernel.

lightakejerry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes,You can use any type of Nintendo console (including DS/DSL/DSi(XL)/3DS) to finish updates,but the version of the console must be lower than this new kernel.
It seems that this new updates for AK2i got some BUG on running European 3DS2.0,and I have informed Aeckard Team to fix the hole ASAP,let's keep an eye on the official website...

Keva

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Even after turning my 3DS off. Its not recognized by the console. It works in my updated DSi though.

Do I need to update AKAIO possibly? I should have the latest version though.

shansoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lightakejerry said:
Yes,You can use any type of Nintendo console (including DS/DSL/DSi(XL)/3DS) to finish updates,but the version of the console must be lower than this new kernel.
It seems that this new updates for AK2i got some BUG on running European 3DS2.0,and I have informed Aeckard Team to fix the hole ASAP,let's keep an eye on the official website...

It's not just EU console, my JP did exact same thing..

jabato

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think acekard testing team have a serious problem. Its the second time they release an update who semi-break hw44 cards and this time it was supposed to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.