Hacking AK2i update for 3DS2.0 and DSI1.4.2

mariototherescue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all
Tried to update using a DSi, i get nothing. Screen says "Press Start" I do, and nothing happens. Downloaded using 2 different browsers, tried 2 different Dsi units and nothing happens(no percentage countdown). I've done this before with no problem. Used 3 different Acekard 2i Nothing. Do iI need to scrub the micro SD and put the latest AKAIO FW on there before I can update the Acekard.
Any help appreciated!!!!

lightakejerry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes,update does not work for the 3DS 2.0 either, Japanese version.Don't worry, I have told AK Team all the problems that got from game players after testing this new firmware updates as the forum's moderator, a new update patch will be released sooner or later.

oldskoolboarder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my hardware:
DSi with 1.4.1u
Acekard 2i w/ HW88.

I downloaded the update from acekard and put the *_dsi.nds file on the memory card. When I try to run the update, I press START and nothing happens.

Do I need to update my DSi to 1.4.2 in order to run the updater?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
oldskoolboarder said:
No, you can't run the update on 1.4.2, so you need to update the Acekard before you update the DSi.

oldskoolboarder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
petspeed said:
oldskoolboarder said:
No, you can't run the update on 1.4.2, so you need to update the Acekard before you update the DSi.

Hmm, thanks for the warning.

So it seems I have the same problem as mariototherescue above. Anyone have ideas how to get past this? I should note that the Acekard 2i works fine on my DSi right now. I just wanted to update it so it would work on my 3DS.

If it matters, my AKAIO is 1.8.5. Not sure if the failure has anything to do w/ not using 1.8.7.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oldskoolboarder said:
petspeed said:
oldskoolboarder said:

Hmm, thanks for the warning.

So it seems I have the same problem as mariototherescue above. Anyone have ideas how to get past this? I should note that the Acekard 2i works fine on my DSi right now. I just wanted to update it so it would work on my 3DS.

If it matters, my AKAIO is 1.8.5. Not sure if the failure has anything to do w/ not using 1.8.7.

you can try the following..

-Put the update in its own folder (heard it worked for some) instead of the root. If you do have it this way then do the opposite.
OR
-Update Akaio to 1.8.7
OR
-Format Micro SD, recopy akaio then update (either from root or folder method)

lemon2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have a DS Lite with R4ds, and a 3DS. I've never updated it, because i wanted to see if the flashcarts would work, and which ones, with an updated firmware.

Yesterday, I've bought an Acekard 2i from dscartshop (is it possible that i receive a HW44 one?)

If think i will receive it in several weeks, but i really want to update my 3DS (to try the eshop, the browser, etc.)

Is it sure that i could update my Acekard with my DS Lite?

2d question (perhaps its not the right thread to ask it) :
Can I transfer all my roms and saves (made with/for R4 Wood) to the Acekard?

Thanks in advance.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lemon2 said:
Hi,

I have a DS Lite with R4ds, and a 3DS. I've never updated it, because i wanted to see if the flashcarts would work, and which ones, with an updated firmware.

Yesterday, I've bought an Acekard 2i from dscartshop (is it possible that i receive a HW44 one?)

If think i will receive it in several weeks, but i really want to update my 3DS (to try the eshop, the browser, etc.)

Is it sure that i could update my Acekard with my DS Lite?

2d question (perhaps its not the right thread to ask it) :
Can I transfer all my roms and saves (made with/for R4 Wood) to the Acekard?

Thanks in advance.

The HW44 issues is for older carts. It's pretty much impossible to get one now unless it's used or something. So you're pretty safe from that.

As long as you have a DSLite around you can easily update the Acekard to be compatible with the 3DS 2.0 firmware.

You can transfer your ROMS and sav file to the Acekard. Just be mindful that .sav is now the default extension. If you save games were in the .nds.sav format on your Wood you can change the setting for .sav file to .nds.sav in the options once you get the Acekard.

lemon2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for all these answers.

So, for the saves, i only need to rename the ".nds.sav" to ".sav"? and not to use a program or something to convert them?

Labatryth

Christian Fantasy Writer
Trophies
Website
www.labatryth.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
I have an Acekard 2i and a DSi with firmware 1.4.1. I also have a DS Lite and currently my Acekard 2i runs on both consoles flawlessly. If I update with the DSi file, can I still use my Acekard 2i on my DS Lite? And also, if I run the DS Lite/Phat Updater instead, can I use my Acekard on my DSi ever again? The Acekard team doesn't answer THIS question...

kirokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to upgrade to 1.4.2U on my DSi today.

I also upgraded from 1.8.1 to 1.8.7

The cart wont load though, I get an error on my DSi and a loading screen which seems frozen on my DSLite.

Azadar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you have a HW:4444 it wont work.. I contacted Acekard myself and they stated they need a NEW patch for the HW:4444 users as some have gotten it to work while others are bricking or just not working at all.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended