AK2i on AKAIO freezing at DS warning screen

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by FlameTakuya, Nov 4, 2011.

1. FlameTakuya
    OP

Member FlameTakuya GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Singapore
    Hi, so yeah I made a topic about this about a year or two ago when this happened but now i can't find it in my posts so i'm making a new one. :/

My friend who hasn't updated her AKAIO firmware from a year ago just put in the new prince of tennis game in her acekard, and ran it. after starting up the game, it hanged, and now when she starts up her ds with the acekard in it, it freezes at the warning screen.

i remember there was some patch thingy that you could use that required two dses and two acekards, running a program and switching out the acekards then letting the ds patch up the spoilt one. could someone run me through on how to do that again?

or, is there another easier/better way?

thank you!

2. FlameTakuya
    OP

Singapore
    Anyone? or is the acekard screwed.....?

3. MalayZN

Newcomer MalayZN Advanced Member

Canada
    does the ds load without the acekard?

4. FlameTakuya
    OP

Singapore
    Yes it does, as per normal. it just freezes halfway while loading the warning screen when the acekard is in (with or without the micro SD in, so it's an acekard problem)

5. RalphUp

Member RalphUp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Have you tried it in a different DS? I had similar issue with a M3 Real, would only work in ONE of my DS, turned out the other DS had a Faulty Shoulder button that was ALWAYS ON....

fixed the shoulder button and then it booted ok, if not your card is goosed, but if you look at the First Sticky, Acekard will replace it free (if it aint a clone)

6. FlameTakuya
    OP

Singapore
    nope, it's probably the card. the ds has no other problems playing with other real game carts, and even after testing my own acekard on her ds, it works fine. i really think it's her acekard

7. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Try deleting optionslist.bin or globalsettings.ini and then relaunch the firmware. Sometimes these files can become corrupt, especially if you copy/paste them during a firmware update. Go to this link to see a YouTube video on un-bricking an Acekard. link