Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SO.
1. i have a ds lite.
2. i have a macbook
2b.if it matters i have snow leopard.
3. if there is windows sofware that can solve my problem, i dont care, because i have crossover for mac.

I backed up my acekard2i and re formatted my 2gb micro sd card (on my macbook) to fat32.

I re copied everything back to my microsd card, but when i turn on my ds and select acekard 2i it shows the loading screen for about 1/4 second then says "System File is Missing" and it hangs there.
i have read posts about this same thing, but the problem is always that they havent put the firmware on to the microsd card. i tried akaio 1.5 and the official aceard 4.1 firmware, neither work.
hate2.gif

if anybody can help i would appreciate it!
gbasp.gif

Excitedguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go redownload the latest firmware and place on the root of the sd card, the file is named akmenu4.nds. There should also be a _ak2 folder on the root.

Badachelli

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excitedguy said:
go redownload the latest firmware and place on the root of the sd card, the file is named akmenu4.nds. There should also be a _ak2 folder on the root.
Ok i tried that AGAIN. on my root i have the akmenu4.nds and the __ak2 folder but i still get the same error. and i ahve my games folder and etc.

i normally use AKaio so i tried that aswell but i STILL get the same error. i have ben getting these errors ever since i did a backup/format of my micro sd card.
i dont think that my acekard is bricked because i can still select it in the ds menu. and i dont think that my micro sd card is fried because i can still plug into my computer and use it.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you use to format your card? I use the Disc Utility to format my card. Try using that. that might help. It shouldn't matter which version of OSX you are on. My desktop is on 10.4.11 and my laptop is running 10.5.9 and my card formats just fine on both units.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
It is the hidden __MACOSX and .DStore files and folders that are causing problems.

You have to get rid of them before you can use the microSD

I have found this to be very useful on my mac:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49232

You should be able to apply this to here easily.

From the terminal you can use the dot_clean command on the volume, only works in 10.5 or later.

Example:
dot_clean /Volumes/microSD

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't the DS read FAT16, not FAT32? I know I have to format my memory cards to FAT16 before my M3 Perfect MiniSD will detect them.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Reads FAT32 just fine. how_do_i_do_that has it right, it is the hidden mac folders as they use the same file structure (using __ to hide a folder), the Acekard is getting confused over system files.

mewtwo-EX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mewtwo-ex.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
The whole point of the flash card is to act as a translator from a Computer file system to the DS file system. The M3's "translator" can only read FAT16, while the AceKard can do FAT32 as well.

In answer to your question: I agree with how_do_i_do_that. Since you said you have PC capabilities, you can use Windows to delete your hidden OSX folders. Just make sure Show Hidden Files and Folders is enabled in Windows Explorer (Tools>Folder Options>View)

Badachelli

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
It is the hidden __MACOSX and .DStore files and folders that are causing problems.

You have to get rid of them before you can use the microSD

I have found this to be very useful on my mac:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49232

You should be able to apply this to here easily.

From the terminal you can use the dot_clean command on the volume, only works in 10.5 or later.

Example:
dot_clean /Volumes/microSD

the terminal command didnt do anything... mabey it wont work on snow leo. and trust me, i know my way around terminal.
the app crumb free eject? or wahtever. it didnt work either. i still got the system file is missing error.

QUOTE(mewtwo-EX @ Dec 22 2009, 10:07 AM) The whole point of the flash card is to act as a translator from a Computer file system to the DS file system. The M3's "translator" can only read FAT16, while the AceKard can do FAT32 as well.

In answer to your question: I agree with how_do_i_do_that. Since you said you have PC capabilities, you can use Windows to delete your hidden OSX folders. Just make sure Show Hidden Files and Folders is enabled in Windows Explorer (Tools>Folder Options>View)

i cant run windows. i can install windows software in to invisible "bottles" that contain basic windows files. but i appreciate your help man.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
I can tell you that the hidden system files are what are causing your issues and you categorically said it didn't work for you. If you said the dot_clean command didn't work, you most likely didn't use it correctly or not running 10.5 or later.

Your gonna need to make friends with a windows user to fix your issue or use a school computer with windows to fix your problem.

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had the same problem with my card and mac. Make sure the partition table is set to master boot record not GUID. Go to your card in disk utility, go to partition, make sure it's set up properly, then click options and MAKE SURE IT'S SET TO MASTER BOOT RECORD!! Hope this solves your problem like it did mine!

Badachelli

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
I can tell you that the hidden system files are what are causing your issues and you categorically said it didn't work for you. If you said the dot_clean command didn't work, you most likely didn't use it correctly or not running 10.5 or later.

Your gonna need to make friends with a windows user to fix your issue or use a school computer with windows to fix your problem.

I did this. opened terminal

Last login: Tue Dec 22 09:41:07 on ttys000
MacHD:~ Guest$ dot_clean /Volumes/THUMBSUP
MacHD:~ Guest$

Im running snow leo.

QUOTE(Wilabob @ Dec 22 2009, 07:00 PM) I had the same problem with my card and mac. Make sure the partition table is set to master boot record not GUID. Go to your card in disk utility, go to partition, make sure it's set up properly, then click options and MAKE SURE IT'S SET TO MASTER BOOT RECORD!! Hope this solves your problem like it did mine!

Will try.
EDIT:
I love you! Wilabob! it worked like a charm!!!

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Told ya so! I had exactly the same problem! Sometimes it's just the little things, someone should document this somewhere. I've come across quite a few instances of this happening. Somebody needs to make a sticky thread saying Anyone having problems with formatting memory cards with mac read this! Or something similar. I also tried formatting in windows but it doesn't read GUID partitioning so I thought I screwed my memory card... LOL

Badachelli

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wilabob said:
Told ya so! I had exactly the same problem! Sometimes it's just the little things, someone should document this somewhere. I've come across quite a few instances of this happening. Somebody needs to make a sticky thread saying Anyone having problems with formatting memory cards with mac read this! Or something similar. I also tried formatting in windows but it doesn't read GUID partitioning so I thought I screwed my memory card... LOL

What you say is true! There should definitely be a sticky for anyone who has a flashcard and a mac. kind of like a support group for non pc users. Because one of my buddies had a 8gb san disk, and formatted it and thought it was broken, so he bought a new one!

Kierek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

I have the same problem, but I am using a Debian(Linux) Operating System. I wanted to try ext4 file system with DS, but it didn't work(System file is missing), so I went back to Fat32, and I've got the same error, System File is Missing ;(. Please, help me
frown.gif

Sorry for ma crappy English.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Just format it to FAT or FAT32! on Linux, there are no hidden __ folders when linux formats - the issue is purely regarding Mac. If the card does not work on DS after Fat format then there is another issue.

And no, ext won't work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I'm NEVER horny