Hacking AK2i bricked?

Cheeze_Pantz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got my Acekard 2i, but I think it might be bricked.

I put the update files on the MicroSD card, booted up my DSi, started the update, thinking it wouldn't take too long (my battery was kinda low), but about halfway through the update, it shut off. I put it on the charger, started it up again, and at the DSi menu, the card's info didn't display. It was just a blank card image, with no description. Everything else works fine: apps, other games, what have you, but the Acekard is dead.

Is there any way I can salvage it, or will I have to pay for a new one?

Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Didn't bother to read the advice on running 1.4 Fix, hey?? Tut, tut! I was going to grab the quoted reference, just to remind you of the steps you NEEDED to take to update, but I'm sure you've already hit yourself in the head with an open hand by now
wacko.gif

Don't quote me on this, but I think I read somewhere that you need to run the DSL Fix Update file on your AK2i and this should "un-brick" it.

Cheeze_Pantz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark^'^Knight said:
Didn't bother to read the advice on running 1.4 Fix, hey?? Tut, tut! I was going to grab the quoted reference, just to remind you of the steps you NEEDED to take to update, but I'm sure you've already hit yourself in the head with an open hand by now
wacko.gif

Don't quote me on this, but I think I read somewhere that you need to run the DSL Fix Update file on your AK2i and this should "un-brick" it.

Yeah yeah, I've already smacked myself for this one.

Would I need to run the DSL update on a separate DS? Cuz, you know, it kind of won't read on my DSi.

Cheeze_Pantz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark^'^Knight said:
I believe this to be so.

Alright, I'll give it a shot. Thanks a million.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Does the DS used have to be a DSL, or can it be an original? My brother only has an original, and that's the only one I have access to.

Cheeze_Pantz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark^'^Knight said:
Sure, go for it. Let us know how it all went.

Well, it was going fine, until the update completed. It gave me the option to either shut the power off or "Press START to move on to the next card". I hit start like a fool, and in a panic shut off the system. Now it won't recognize it on my brother's DS.

I take it this means I have to use somebody ELSE'S DS now, huh?
cry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1