Hacking AK 2i no longer loads .nds files

spiffsneed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was attempting to update my AKAIO from 1.6 to 1.7. I formatted my MicroSD, put AKAIO and the loaders on there, but for some reason, when I try to load any .nds file, it gets stuck on the 'Processing... Do not power off" screen. This shouldn't be difficult, as I've updated my AKAIO many times before, and everything ran just fine. I'm at a complete loss as to what might be going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can update the loaders for AKAIO 1.7, there's actually a newer loader on the AKAIO site than that included in the AKAIO archive.

What you've done is update AKAIO 1.7 using the AKAIO 1.6RC2 loaders, which results in the processing error.

Ensure you download the loaders from here

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry tk_saturn, but you are wrong. LOADERS are the same!
Or do you want to tell us, that AKAIO 1.7 got out on JUNE (04-06-2010) and LATEST loaders was released in APRIL (06-04-2010)?

The only difference is another way to write the same date.
DD-MM-YYYY
MM-DD-YYYY

biggrin.gif

Sooooo, solving this problem is really in ENABLING CHEATS (dont have to go to globalsetttings, just enable cheats in akaio setup)

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
penthaler said:
Or do you want to tell us, that AKAIO 1.7 got out on JUNE (04-06-2010) and LATEST loaders was released in APRIL (06-04-2010)?

DD-MM-YYYY
MM-DD-YYYY

biggrin.gif

Sooooo, solving this problem is really in ENABLING CHEATS (dont have to go to globalsetttings, just enable cheats in akaio setup)

I'm afraid you are wrong.

The loader included with the AKAIO 1.7 archive has a date/ time of 04/06/2010 17:50 and a CRC32 of BC5B40CA.

The loader on the AKAIO site has a date/ time of 04/06/2010 21:49 a CRC32 of D342A60B and clearly indicates this was released to fix Maple Story.

You know how to tell the time right? 21:49 is after 17:50.

pent.jpg

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
penthaler said:

DD-MM-YYYY
MM-DD-YYYY

biggrin.gif

I hate all date formats that don't conform to the ISO (International Organization for Standardization) date format of YYYY-MM-DD.
YYYY-MM-DD always sorts properly (1992 will always come before 2010 for example, then it sorts by month, so March[03] comes before December[12] and finally date), There won't be any confusion or mix ups like above (Americans like to write MM-DD-YYY, Europeans like to write DD-MM-YYY).

The release of AKAIO 1.7 is June 4th, 2010.
The loader date is June 4th, 2010, same day.
The loader was released a few hours after 1.7 when it was found that MapleStory DS would not load.

spiffsneed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating the loaders to the ones that tk_saturn mentioned worked like a charm! Thanks so much for your help, everyone

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The dates on the site do get a bit awkward. Like Smiths updates the WiFi plugin using American standards while Normmatt updates the loaders using the European standards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: if only it had as much capability/power as i do omw to your mom's place