Homebrew AIO Switch Updater - Update CFW, FW, cheats and more directly from the Switch

FelipeFares

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey.
So im on system 11.0.1| AMS m.19.5|S.

I was wondering on updating to be able to play newer games, but its been some time. I Used AIO last time, but I just wanna make sure im not messing up here.
Is this correct?:
Step 1, Update AIO updater and daybreak(manualy on SD dard from pc)
Step 2: Update atmos with AIO
Step 3: Update new firmware with AIO
Step 4: Run daybreak and install firmware.
Or is there any reason to just stay on 11, and maybe sigpatches can fix it?
I Think AIO automatically updates the firmware, you don´t need Step 4...

Just update it. There are new Games that already need Firm 13...

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I Think AIO automatically updates the firmware, you don´t need Step 4...

Just update it. There are new Games that already need Firm 13...
IIRC when it comes to the firmware update, AIO only downloads the firmware and you still need to install it with Daybreak.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i freely use AIO to install AMS 1.2.6 on top of my old 19.5 or is that unwise?
Make a backup copy of your /atmosphere.bak /bootloader.bak and give it a shot. I think it might struggle due to the differences in the versions but it would be interesting to find out (with a proper backup of course…see above). If it goes sideways you can simply delete the new /atmosphere and /bootloader and restore the backups.

here’s a backup plan if we need it: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy
(specifically this page https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0 …see the differences?)

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can i freely use AIO to install AMS 1.2.6 on top of my old 19.5 or is that unwise?
It should be fine. If you use hekate you need to do this [Notice about Atmosphere 1.0.0 and up: The fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin in hekate_ipl.ini must be changed to fss0=atmosphere/package3. And make sure that atmosphere/contents folder does not have old Atmosphere components.]. Worse case scenarion if it doesn't work you''ll have to do it manually

Reactions: binkinator

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey.
So im on system 11.0.1| AMS m.19.5|S.

I was wondering on updating to be able to play newer games, but its been some time. I Used AIO last time, but I just wanna make sure im not messing up here.
Is this correct?:
Step 1, Update AIO updater and daybreak(manualy on SD dard from pc)
Step 2: Update atmos with AIO
Step 3: Update new firmware with AIO
Step 4: Run daybreak and install firmware.
Or is there any reason to just stay on 11, and maybe sigpatches can fix it?
The app can update itself (tools->update app) and you'll get the latest daybreak when you get the latest AMS
Update your firmware after updating ams and don't forget to get your sigpatches

Last edited by Homlet,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
if you are going to update manually daybreak, update atomosphère by the way. but before update sigpatches with the preferred method (AIO or manually), then boot and update your firmware.

There is no reason for be on an outdated firmware, beside the discontinued CFW but event that CFW is not recommended now, so go to the latest one, but be sure to have the correct sigpatches.

maraxion

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks guys.
So daybreak updates itself on a new AMS install with AIO? Iv got Daybreak 1.0.0 now.

So basicly (i like lists..)
1. Remove personal backgrounds etc so I dont get boot loop
2. Update AIO itself in setting of app
3. Update atomosphère by AIO
4. Update siqpatches by AIO(Enable in tools under "Hide tabs".)(or before AMS??)
5. Reboot and install firmware that fits the AMS build with daybreak.

Also 13.2.1 is stable and ok, dont need to use a lower one?

Last edited by maraxion,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys.
So daybreak updates itself on a new AMS install with AIO? Iv got Daybreak 1.0.0 now.

So basicly (i like lists..)
1. Remove personal backgrounds etc so I dont get boot loop
2. Update AIO itself in setting of app
3. Update atomosphère by AIO
4. Update siqpatches by AIO(Enable in tools under "Hide tabs".)(or before AMS??)
5. Reboot and install firmware that fits the AMS build with daybreak.

Also 13.2.1 is stable and ok, dont need to use a lower one?

I typically go straight down the left hand side of AIO…it’s laid out perfectly.

(pre work:backup /atmosphere and /bootloader and move /atmosphere/contents to contents.bak which takes care of themes and anything else that might gum up atmosphere.)
Edit: yes update AIO
Atmosphere
Hekate (bootloader)
Sigpatches
FW (daybreak)

Reactions: maraxion

maraxion

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So Atmosphere install over the old one did not work it seem.
Should I just try a fresh install of Atmosphere then withouth AIO?

Attachments

• IMG_20220308_135409830_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220308_135409830_HDR.jpg
    602.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited by maraxion,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Atmosphere install over the old one did not work it seem.
Should I just try a fresh install of Atmosphere then withouth AIO?

Did you backup the /atmosphere and /bootloader folders?
Did you move the /atmosphere/contents folder to contents.bak?

If not, then I’m afraid the best path forward is probably a manual update.
https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0

edit: You might also run the Archive fix bit in Hekate (just in case it helps.)

edit2: assuming you followed @Homlet ’s advice here: [Notice about Atmosphere 1.0.0 and up: The fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin in hekate_ipl.ini must be changed to fss0=atmosphere/package3. And make sure that atmosphere/contents folder does not have old Atmosphere components.]

maraxion

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Did you backup the /atmosphere and /bootloader folders?
Did you move the /atmosphere/contents folder to contents.bak?

If not, then I’m afraid the best path forward is probably a manual update.
https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0

edit: You might also run the Archive fix bit in Hekate (just in case it helps.)

I backuped both folders on the pc and the switch works fine when i put those back.
Wasent sure what "contents.bak" was, but I removed and backuped all that was in contents folder elsewhere.

So I tried now to fully delete atmosphere folder and used the rar file from github, then I got this:

Attachments

• IMG_20220308_140835191_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220308_140835191_HDR.jpg
    730.9 KB · Views: 56

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I backuped both folders on the pc and the switch works fine when i put those back.
Wasent sure what "contents.bak" was, but I removed and backuped all that was in contents folder elsewhere.

So I tried now to fully delete atmosphere folder and used the rar file from github, then I got this:

Your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini isn’t updated.

read about that part here: https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0

edit: at this point I would recommend just going through each step in the link above line by line because you’ve almost gone through the entire thing anyway…might as well do it proper end to end.

also update your exosphere.ini file…for safety:

• Create the file exosphere.ini in the root of your SD card and paste this inside (this step is needed in order to blank your prodinfo so that you can avoid getting your switch banned):

[exosphere]
    debugmode=1
    debugmode_user=0
    disable_user_exception_handlers=0
    enable_user_pmu_access=0
    blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=0
    blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
    allow_writing_to_cal_sysmmc=0
    log_port=0
    log_baud_rate=115200
    log_inverted=0

• Afterwards create a file named default.txt in /atmosphere/hosts/ (the hosts folder won't exist, so make sure to create it)
    and paste this in your default.txt file (this step is prevents you from connecting to Nintendo's servers):

# Block Nintendo Servers
    127.0.0.1 *nintendo.*
    127.0.0.1 *nintendo-europe.com
    127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.*
    95.216.149.205 *conntest.nintendowifi.net
    95.216.149.205 *ctest.cdn.nintendo.net

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: impeeza

maraxion

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks.
I think the problem wasent the bootloader actually, I used an old fusee.bin file from 2020 of habit since it had been working. When I downloaded the new one now it booted nicely into new AMS.

Iv been hesitant to update the hekate bootloader since I know little about it. It seems there was a lot of problems with hekate and tinfoil. But that wasent maybe the bootloaders as much as something in AMS?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.
I think the problem wasent the bootloader actually, I used an old fusee.bin file from 2020 of habit since it had been working. When I downloaded the new one now it booted nicely into new AMS.

Iv been hesitant to update the hekate bootloader since I know little about it. It seems there was a lot of problems with hekate and tinfoil. But that wasent maybe the bootloaders as much as something in AMS?

Aha! Good deal…so pulling the latest fusee.bin fixed it.

Updating Hekate follows the same process…backup the /bootloader directory and then unzip the new file you download from github. I always update Hekate at the same time I do Atmos.

edit: Hekate/tinfoil issues are a thing of the past…update both and enjoy!
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tinfoil-12-10-now-compatible-with-hekate.591304/

Last edited by binkinator,

maraxion

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks that helped alot.
Its now running nicely at newest firmware and AMS.
I dident update bootloader doh since I dont know if I even are using hekate to boot. It seems to me I only ever se the hekate if something goes wrong and it cannot boot and it takes me to hekate to manualy try to boot with a bin file.

So Not sure what hekate does, or even how to open it or check version :) Ws even told by someone I dident want hekate so thats why im unsure her.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks that helped alot.
I dident update bootloader doh since I dont know if I even are using hekate to boot. It seems to me I only ever se the hekate if something goes wrong and it cannot boot and it takes me to hekate to manualy try to boot with a bin file.

So Not sure what hekate does, or even how to open it or check version :) Ws even told by someone I dident want hekate so thats why im unsure her.

Do you have a /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file? If so you can reboot and hold down the (Vol -) to interrupt the boot process and get into the Hekate menu. There’s a ton of stuff Hekate and Nyx (bundled) can do. Very helpful if things go sideways. Anyway…read about it here: https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate

bottom line: you’re back up and running!

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks that helped alot.

If you have the Hekate files on your SD card, the way to access Hekate is to boot the Switch into RCM mode and, instead of injecting fusee.bin to go straight to Atmosphère, you inject hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x.bin.

Basically, Hekate allows you to do some things like create, back up and restore your emuNAND, dump some system files, choose which payload to boot into (or you can choose the ofw too), set autoRCM. Not stuff you'll probably want to do often, but when you need to, it's very convenient. I myself haven't rebooted my Switch at all in several months, so I haven't seen a lot of Hekate recently either.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ws even told by someone I dident want hekate so thats why im unsure her.

‘This was from back in the days of the SXOS/Atmosphere debates and when Tinfoil and Kosmos were duking it out. Dated info at best. It would be a shame to not have the utility of Hekate available when needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa How have you been