Homebrew AIO Switch Updater - Update CFW, FW, cheats and more directly from the Switch

ghostbitxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So once again I'm back. I attempted to update all the things, and now my Switch just boots to a bright, yellow screen and then does nothing. The below steps is exactly what I did, and confirmed with @Homlet that these were the exact steps needed to update everything.

Code:
1. Check for any updates available in AIO (noted at the bottom of the app). If available, then update the app.
2. Update Atmosphere (in AIO). If prompted to overwrite the hekate ini file, select no (unless you know what you're doing I guess).
3. After updating Atmosphere, AIO will prompt you to also update the bootloader. Select yes.
4. Update sigpatches (in AIO)
5. Update OFW (in System Settings of the device)

I swear this app never works for me. Am I doing something wrong?

Current `hekate_ipl.ini` file:

Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So once again I'm back. I attempted to update all the things, and now my Switch just boots to a bright, yellow screen and then does nothing. The below steps is exactly what I did, and confirmed with @Homlet that these were the exact steps needed to update everything.

Code:
1. Check for any updates available in AIO (noted at the bottom of the app). If available, then update the app.
2. Update Atmosphere (in AIO). If prompted to overwrite the hekate ini file, select no (unless you know what you're doing I guess).
3. After updating Atmosphere, AIO will prompt you to also update the bootloader. Select yes.

Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
what firmware are you on?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Code:

Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1

I don’t think pre-release Atmosphere is in AIO, man.

If you just plowed through anyway your Atmos isnt compatible with your FW.

Reactions: impeeza

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would expect you are waiting for the official stable Atmos release, yes?
that's how it's coded, yeah. I might change it to accept pre-releases tbh

Yes, updated to 14.0.0. As far as I saw, hekate supports 14.0.0.
But Atmosphere 1.2.6, which is what you installed, does not. There is an ams pre-release that you can download that will work with your FW https://github.com/atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/tag/1.3.0 . Updateand your system will boot again

ghostbitxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But Atmosphere 1.2.6, which is what you installed, does not. There is an ams pre-release that you can download that will work with your FW https://github.com/atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/tag/1.3.0 . Updateand your system will boot again

Ahh geez, it's a pre-release. I get it now. Makes sense to not include anything other than official releases in your app. Sorry for the bother. Let me try and use the pre-release and hopefully that fixes things.

Reactions: binkinator

ghostbitxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your call for sure but in that case I foresee many of the breaking changes getting blamed on AIO.

I actually may be running into one (and not blaming AIO). I'm using the 1.3.0 pre-release now which at least boots to the Switch OS, but then crashes shortly after. Again, unrelated to AIO, so I'll seek help elsewhere. But a vote from me to keep pre-releases excluded from AIO (or at least if included, provide a warning).

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

If you do that, it'll probably lead to many people blindly installing pre-release software, temporarily bricking their systems, and blaming you for it. I would not want to put myself in that position if I were you.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once upon a time, the developers of Tinfoil has a beef with Hekate and hardcoded refuse to run if any hekate file was fund on your SD card, because that we should have 2 sets of sigpatches even. Now the beef is over and no problem to run hekate and tinfoil at the same time.

Storytime with @impeeza, ah I remember this beef for real, so much beef between Blawar and Team Atlas NX/Ctcaer.

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually may be running into one (and not blaming AIO). I'm using the 1.3.0 pre-release now which at least boots to the Switch OS, but then crashes shortly after. Again, unrelated to AIO, so I'll seek help elsewhere. But a vote from me to keep pre-releases excluded from AIO (or at least if included, provide a warning).

AIO is a good homebrew. It covers a lot of other apps that all have to behave together though.

Prolly just need to rename or delete your /atmosphere/contents folder. If you can’t get it, come over to the pinned Noobs channel and we’ll troubleshoot the Atmos issue with you.

Reactions: Gep_Etto

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do that, it'll probably lead to many people blindly installing pre-release software, temporarily bricking their systems, and blaming you for it. I would not want to put myself in that position if I were you.

Well not like his updating method via non pre-release one is any better, it still causes problem for end users.

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well not like his updating method via non pre-release one is any better, it still causes problem for end users.
Yes, but much less. Pre-release isn't a full release for good reasons, and those reasons are usually related to instability, regressions and assorted bugs, i.e. things that people will bitch to @Homlet about even though they're not his fault.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but much less. Pre-release isn't a full release for good reasons, and those reasons are usually related to instability, regressions and assorted bugs, i.e. things that people will bitch to @Homlet about even though they're not his fault.

That isn't what I meant even with regular release people still have problem with @Homlet aio updater, so ain't the pre-release atmosphere problem , people gotten pre-release version to work when they updated manually. There are so many threads/posts on this forum about @Homlet aio updater not working correctly.

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That isn't what I meant even with regular release people still have problem with @Homlet aio updater, so ain't the pre-release atmosphere problem , people gotten pre-release version to work when they updated manually. There are so many threads/posts on this forum about @Homlet aio updater not working correctly.
And the latest one is due to someone updating to an ams version that wasn't compatible with their firmware. Your own problems derived from not knowing how the trinket you installed works. Please don't start shitposting on my thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/zRP4O4N7FPU?si=onaJGFGw9vP1XCSQ