• Views 2,812,610
  • Replies 20,650
  • Likes 178

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any way to connect a DualSense to PS4?

I bought one for $10 with stick drift (right) and it's a really comfortable controller. Have tested the controller via Android (OTG) and that's the only issue it has.

Gz2vy6D.jpg

DS4 is great, but "DS5" is even better!
The only way I know of doing it is using remote play on a PC. Don't think you are able to connct it like a normal controller.

• Sad
Reactions: KiiWii and Marc_LFD

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to connect a DualSense to PS4?

I bought one for $10 with stick drift (right) and it's a really comfortable controller. Have tested the controller via Android (OTG) and that's the only issue it has.

Gz2vy6D.jpg

DS4 is great, but "DS5" is even better!
maybe try looking up brook. I don't know if they make an adapter for the ps4, but I have one of their devices for the ps2, and I can connect my dual sense after an update. no lag at all.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rarely ask questions, be here goes...

Is there a simple way to just swap over a file inside inside of a PKG?

I know I can extract all the files, change the file and reauthor a new PKG with 'those' tools, but I tend to have a lot of problems with them

I literally need to change one font file within the PKG, can i somehow do a simple swap out ?

Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: KiiWii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rarely ask questions, be here goes...

Is there a simple way to just swap over a file inside inside of a PKG?

I know I can extract all the files, change the file and reauthor a new PKG with 'those' tools, but I tend to have a lot of problems with them

I literally need to change one font file within the PKG, can i somehow do a simple swap out ?

Thanks in advance :)
the only way I know of is if the pkg creator made the pkg modifiable, which is a high probability if the pkg has the original keystone.

Reactions: peteruk

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's an update/patch PKG

Which app would you recommend to modify mate ?
those do not have keystones, so it's most likely not modifiable. I'm not sure if there's any way other than extracting it. if it had been a base game with no update, you could've made a fake patch for that, but a legit patch may not be doable without doing it the hard way.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
those do not have keystones, so it's most likely not modifiable. I'm not sure if there's any way other than extracting it. if it had been a base game with no update, you could've made a fake patch for that, but a legit patch may not be doable without doing it the hard way.

bugger :( ok thanks as always for your advice mate.... there are not many games i play or even like but this one I do, will just have to live without it... Cheers :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bugger :( ok thanks as always for your advice mate.... there are not many games i play or even like but this one I do, will just have to live without it... Cheers :)
this is the command for modifiable pkgs btw. that's just an example with the keystone, but it can be any file:

orbis-pub-cmd.exe pkg_file_add --passcode 00000000000000000000000000000000 --force X:\Games\PS4\CUSAXXXXX-app\sce_sys\keystone sce_sys/keystone
X:\Games\PS4\<GAME NAME>.pkg

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
off topic, but I just bought the pink dualsense controller. I already own the white, red, blue, and purple ones. next month, I might buy the black one, since I collect controllers. :D

Reactions: KiiWii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i feel they should make a "pride" one and some of the sales go to pro LGBQT+ charities and such
what would they call it? I mean there's galactic purple, nova pink, cosmic red, starlit blue. I'm not sure what the black or white are called, but those are what I remember.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[PS5 NEWS]

https://gist.github.com/zecoxao/b99258e08a113f5a7b287352dc520e7b

You can now modify the ps4 exploit to dump ps5 file system. Remember this is useless to the average user, and only useful for devs to poke at for now.

Requires PS5 on 4.03 highest.
I did not see an app.db in there when I searched, so I wonder what the database is called. I looked up just "app," found several things, but it didn't sound like an equivalent.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, it shows the hex version of the user id (8 characters) in the one @zecoxao uploaded. I'm sure the database uses that in decimal form just like the ps4, so you could probably modify it. I'd have to look up .db next to see if anything comes up.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's gotta be something in the sfo for ps5 games that goes into the database to prevent them from loading unless on the internal hdd. I realized that using a disc in the drive, with the content on the external hdd, it tries to copy again, which is a pita, so you pretty much have to copy the content back to internal before putting it in the drive. so frustrating that I deleted all my copied games aside from the only discs I plan to use at that time. I think the series x is the same way, but I don't have a disc for that system. the discounts are just too good to buy the discs if a gamepass or gold member.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    suslu22 @ suslu22: i opened