1. susi91

susi91 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Ok, it's done. I've made a new account and used leefuls script. Worked flawlessly. Thanks again :)

godreborn likes this.
  2. godreborn
    This message by godreborn has been removed from public view by x65943, Oct 2, 2020, Reason: Empty post.
    Sep 30, 2020
  3. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    @KiiWii , gotten out of hand? all my backups equal 12TBs or so, but I plan to download more tv shows for the nvidia shield:

20201001_230214_HDR.jpg

KiiWii likes this.
  4. DariusEvans

DariusEvans Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
  5. Adam512

Adam512 GBAtemp Regular

Czech Republic
    With the PS5, games will be more expensive, so we will need more of this custom backup option.

Why?
    If my physical copy of the disc is damaged, I will not be able to buy another one, because they will be much more expensive than now or if I forget to access my PSN account, I will not buy the same games again ...

So it looks right that we can back up our own legal games. :gba:

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I would not expect a PS5 exploit for a very long time. While PS4 was mostly hacked Xbox One was never hacked. I'm sure Sony despite being a competitor to Microsoft might have checked into how Microsoft was able to pull that off. PS5 may never be hacked either.

7. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    it's too bad that best buy no longer offers the gamer card. they no longer offered renewals, but you could keep using yours 'til it finally ran out. I think most, if not all, have run out by now as this was about 2 years ago, and the card only lasts 2 years. I was able to buy new switch games for $48 (20% off software for the switch, playstation, and xbox). there's no way I'm paying $70+tax. I honestly can't say there's any recent game I'd go through more than once. even though games were more expensive back in the 90s, the quality was much greater imo. I don't care about graphics.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I'll just wait for inevitable price drops. I won't worry about playing a game day one I might even wait a year after release date to buy any game.

OTTH if I absolutely feel like the game deserves the full $70 (doubtful) I would even pre-order the game.

Last edited Oct 3, 2020
  9. susi91

susi91 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Really? Then the PS5 may be the first unhackable PlayStation console ever, isn't it?
    I doubt that very much :P

bubolechka likes this.
  10. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Well before Xbox One there wasn't a Microsoft console that wasn't hacked either. It can change. Maybe there will be a hack though but I won't expect before several years.

11. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    it's more likely that system hacks will be more plentiful. I've read part of the disclosure agreement for hackerone. the hacker is allowed to release exploits publicly as long as enough time has passed for the exploit or hack to be patched, so in essence they get the money and the fame for their work. I think this is to cut down on day one patches. there's a day one exploit for the ps4 that's supposed to still work on the latest firmware (possibly). in December, their going to disclose it at a hacking conference. they didn't want the exploit patched, so they waited until a second exploit for firmware x.xx was discovered. this will be after the ps5 is launched obviously, so there will probably be fewer and fewer updates, but I can pretty much guarantee sony will patch this as quickly as possible (if it hasn't been already through hackerone). I'm thinking it's probably been patched and some hacker took the credit and money for it on hackerone.

KiiWii likes this.
  12. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    I may keep my PS5 boxed and wait it out for sploits.... idk... depends on review codes :ph34r: hehe

13. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    nintendo is part of a hacker program as well, but I don't think it's the same one. never heard of one for microsoft. anyway, I think nintendo really fucked up by suing hackers. we saw what happened to the ps3 after sony pissed off the hackers. and, how badly their reputation was after trying to sue everyone. tbh, after the psn data leak, I thought the playstation brand was history. that's the reason a lot of people, including me, will not save credit card info for any system. it suggested sony only cared about their own security; that they only got mad because fail0verflow laughed at the fact that they didn't understand their own security. saying a console is hack proof is like catnip for hackers. sony made some BIG mistakes during the ps3 era. that's what made me hate them as a company, but I'm also starting to feel that way towards nintendo, since I feel that they overextended their authority with all these lawsuits and arrests. there's a famous photo of graf being taken to the ground and arrested for hacking the ps3. he probably is the most knowledgeable ps3 hacker in the world as he memorized the hypervisor after the police confiscated his computer and tools. I respect him a lot. there's a famous quote of his: "you'll have to kill me to stop me from hacking the ps3." he either said to sony's lawyers or the police. that's when he and geohot were sued for one million each.

14. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    That does sound like you @KiiWii.

godreborn and KiiWii like this.
  15. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    hackerone has provided a safe environment for hacking, but I think the fact that nintendo is part of a hacking program, yet still sues hackers is going to hurt them very badly. they should've thought this through before pulling the trigger. now hackers are probably not going to tell nintendo squat about an exploit they found for fear of being sued. they might release it anonymously as a way of firing back. nintendo pretty much did it to themselves. the constant lawsuits without thinking about the end game, really someone(s) needs to be fired, because nintendo's reputation is being stained with every arrogant move on their part.

16. susi91

susi91 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I'm curious about that 0day too, can't wait ;)
    Seems the disclosure isn't at hackerone, so maybe it's still a 0day :)
    Read on twitter that it should work on 7.55, though they don't succeed porting it to the latest.
    First job for sleirsgoevy in 2021 :D (I hope) ;)

17. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    afaik, 0day exploits are the reason sony joined hackerone. at present, it only encompasses ps4 exploits, but they'll probably add ps5 to it around launch day. sadly no love for vita. lol

18. tommaloney

tommaloney Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    hey guys, i have a couple of questions. I have a 5.05 console. is there a guide to update to 6.72 with the ability to downgrade if i don't like the stability? Next LOL how is the stability of 6.72 compared to 5.05? I don't mind trying to get into the jailbreak status but as for playing games and kernel panics. I don't really like the idea of back porting games so 6.72 really interest me. There is no rush for me to update as i have multiple other consoles to play. Just wanted to see if it was worth it yet. thanks guys for your help

19. susi91

susi91 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    There is a way to downgrade, but you need backups (like the hdd) and really good soldering skills for it.

20. tommaloney

tommaloney Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Thanks, well if the ps4 was a copper pipe i have amazing soldering skills...LOL as for electronic soldering i am so so. I did my own TSOP mod on the original xbox and the power mod on the PS1 classic but that's about it.

21. susi91

susi91 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    There isn't a guide for now I guess, but here you can see some facts:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1301910463794622464?p=v

KiiWii likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Exploit, [AIO], Guide