After hardmod side effect - n3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by thelastlokean, Nov 25, 2016.

1. thelastlokean
    OP

thelastlokean Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2015
    United States
    MN
    I hard modded my new 3ds, black Friday version.

All went pretty well, but.. its kinda strange... Got it all wired up and then put back together...

Now it won't turn on unless the battery and ac adapter are both connected... If one of them is disconnected, it shuts off instantly. Ever experience anything like that, or have any ideas? I'm sure I don't have any shorts or anything, double checked all the ribbons, its got me puzzled.

Shouldn't it be fine with just ac and no battery, and certainly be fine with battery and no ac adapter?

I checked the battery, its 4.17 volts and good in another device. So its not the battery. I'm just not sure what to think.

Also, I've done no softmod yet, just soldered 4 wires, but back together and then stopped on this issue. Thanks for any I sight!

Last edited by thelastlokean, Nov 25, 2016
  2. OuHiroshi

OuHiroshi Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2011
    United States
    Pictures of the hardmod? You probably shorted something.

vb_encryption_vb likes this.
  3. LameNobody

LameNobody Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada
    When I had this issue I had to replace the power board of the 3ds, as I couldn't find a fuse diagram and don't have a multimeter...

Also, when i did it, i fried the battery itself too..

4. thelastlokean
    OP

thelastlokean Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2015
    United States
    MN
    I'll snap some pictures the next time I open it up... Pretty confident I didn't short anything though.

I'll check out the power board and report back. Hopefully I can just replace or short out a blown fuse.

I could probably live with only AC power, but it would be kind of sad...