Advice on what to do next

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Jedis, Jan 14, 2009.

Jan 14, 2009

Advice on what to do next by Jedis at 12:43 AM (840 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Jedis
    OP

Newcomer Jedis Advanced Member

United States
    I've downgraded from v3.4U to v3.2U and loaded HBC and preloader, but have not installed anything else yet.

Do I need to install something to enable updates for the Shop & Mii channels?

Also, I plan on installing CIOSCORP in a few days.. will this fix the Shop & Mii channels or must I do something?

Basically, in what order should I do things from here? Is CIOSCORP still the preferred method for playing backups? I don't need region free mode or the like. Will only be using NTSC-U games.

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    the prefered method for playing backups is the Backup Launcher Gamma, the CIOSCORP doesn't have an official installer, so wait for it, I guess by you saying that you came from 3.4 to 3.2 you already have the cIOS for Gamma installed correctly, and I also think you already did the IOS Downgrader 1.0, correct??

If not simply use it...!!! [​IMG]

3. Jedis
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I followed the Gamma guide to downgrade and get HBC installed. I then loaded some Virtual Console and WiiWare games via Wad Manager and they work great! I stopped after that as I didn't want to load something that I thought might have been out of date. But it sounds like it's still a good way to go? I wanted to try to avoid running backups from a seperate channel if possible and wanted to, obviously, do it the best way currently released.

All of this talk about CIOSCORP and running discs directly from the disc channel is very appealing [​IMG] I've been reading the System Menu thread and it sounds like I would just use Wad Manager to install the CIOSCORP wads onto the system. If I wanted to remove CIOSCORP in the future, I would just install my backup wads overtop the CIOSCORP wads? I've read that uninstalling any of the IOS wads is a brick waiting to happen, so I would definately avoid that. Do I need to know anything else if I'm going to load CIOSCORP?

4. slaphappygamer

Member slaphappygamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    well, cioscorp is not a problem to install. i got it in at the first try. from a stock 3.2u, i installed the cios rev7, then starfall with all hacks enabled. after that, install cioscorp (first install ios33, then all other ios's. lastly install ios30. if you any errors STOP INSTALLATION). now install preloader0.25. i havent done anything as far as the shop channel goes and it works fine. thats my setup for now. if you have trouble with the shop or mii channels i would install those "updates" last.

5. 20clarky08

Member 20clarky08 Official Wii Freak

United Kingdom
    all this about installing corpcios in a certain order..

did everybody do this??? or was it jus slaphappy

cos i just installed in numeric order and the shits working lol, so i dont think it really matters.

6. slaphappygamer

United States
    dude, i just followed the guide. im sure im not the only one. [​IMG]

what the hell is "hrth" anyway? i just wanted to use that.

7. 20clarky08

United Kingdom
    HRTH lol

anyway, i didnt follow a guide i installed as the thread was progressin so i guess this is why

8. Jedis
    OP

United States

Posts merged

clarky, so you're saying you just installed each wad, one a time, going down the list and doing each one seperately?

9. 20clarky08

United Kingdom
    well yer basically i jus put them all in a folder, ran wadmanager

and worked my way down, took about 10mins to complete and was a lil boring but it was early days when i got the pack man, so i wanted to make sure each wad installed ok..

now i've made a makeshift installer from the old wadinstaller that sort of auto installs. (requires 1 button press.)
    also made a 1-boot install of cios r7 and gamma channel with 1 button press for 3.3 and under.

10. Jedis
    OP

United States
    Thanks, I took the plunge tonight and used Wad Manager to install the CIOSCORP files.

A backup I burned and tested worked great! Thanks for all of your help. It's appreciated!

11. slaphappygamer

United States
    pretty cool, huh? its totally worth the boring process of installing about 20 wads.