Hacking Advice on what to do next

Jedis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've downgraded from v3.4U to v3.2U and loaded HBC and preloader, but have not installed anything else yet.

Do I need to install something to enable updates for the Shop & Mii channels?

Also, I plan on installing CIOSCORP in a few days.. will this fix the Shop & Mii channels or must I do something?

Basically, in what order should I do things from here? Is CIOSCORP still the preferred method for playing backups? I don't need region free mode or the like. Will only be using NTSC-U games.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the prefered method for playing backups is the Backup Launcher Gamma, the CIOSCORP doesn't have an official installer, so wait for it, I guess by you saying that you came from 3.4 to 3.2 you already have the cIOS for Gamma installed correctly, and I also think you already did the IOS Downgrader 1.0, correct??

If not simply use it...!!!
tongue.gif

Jedis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I followed the Gamma guide to downgrade and get HBC installed. I then loaded some Virtual Console and WiiWare games via Wad Manager and they work great! I stopped after that as I didn't want to load something that I thought might have been out of date. But it sounds like it's still a good way to go? I wanted to try to avoid running backups from a seperate channel if possible and wanted to, obviously, do it the best way currently released.

All of this talk about CIOSCORP and running discs directly from the disc channel is very appealing
wink.gif
I've been reading the System Menu thread and it sounds like I would just use Wad Manager to install the CIOSCORP wads onto the system. If I wanted to remove CIOSCORP in the future, I would just install my backup wads overtop the CIOSCORP wads? I've read that uninstalling any of the IOS wads is a brick waiting to happen, so I would definately avoid that. Do I need to know anything else if I'm going to load CIOSCORP?

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, cioscorp is not a problem to install. i got it in at the first try. from a stock 3.2u, i installed the cios rev7, then starfall with all hacks enabled. after that, install cioscorp (first install ios33, then all other ios's. lastly install ios30. if you any errors STOP INSTALLATION). now install preloader0.25. i havent done anything as far as the shop channel goes and it works fine. thats my setup for now. if you have trouble with the shop or mii channels i would install those "updates" last.

Jedis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slaphappygamer said:
what the hell is "hrth" anyway? i just wanted to use that.
www.urbandictionary.comhrth
"hrth" is a term that means everything and nothing at the same time. One could use this term as a game of sorts, where a few people would act as though they completely understood each other while using this term, to intentionally confuse people.
Person 1: Man, that was hrth
Person 2: I agree whole-heartedly
Victim: Umm, "hrth"?
Person 1 + Person 2: What, you don't know what hrth is?
(drags on)

Posts merged

clarky, so you're saying you just installed each wad, one a time, going down the list and doing each one seperately?

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
well yer basically i jus put them all in a folder, ran wadmanager

and worked my way down, took about 10mins to complete and was a lil boring but it was early days when i got the pack man, so i wanted to make sure each wad installed ok..

now i've made a makeshift installer from the old wadinstaller that sort of auto installs. (requires 1 button press.)
also made a 1-boot install of cios r7 and gamma channel with 1 button press for 3.3 and under.

Jedis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I took the plunge tonight and used Wad Manager to install the CIOSCORP files.

A backup I burned and tested worked great! Thanks for all of your help. It's appreciated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple