Hacking Advice on what i need next..

Jimfreydo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i followed a "guide for dummys" tutorial to softmod my wii, but the tut was very basic and didnt really explain what i was installing, so now i need a little help in confirming what is on my wii already please.

When i go to the wad manager in the homebrew channel here is what shows:

cios249.wad
ios16-64-v257-prod.wad
GC Backup launcher 0.2 Donkhe - GCBL.wad
Wii backup launcher 03g wiiish v2 EN.wad
cios249-ios36-rev07.wad

The system is a 3.4E. Thanks

MightyMouse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you have revision7 of the cios installed (latest is rev9 btw)

and 2 channels for launching backups one for Wii and one for Gamecube

ofcourse thats if you installed all the wads.

you should update your cios to the latest version, also there is now the option to use the usbloader and play your games from a usb harddrive. also you can install CORPCIOS and a cMIOS also and play your backups via the normal disc channel like a regular game if you need advice on this gimme a shout and i'll give you some help on updating mate

Jimfreydo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thankyou so much for the fast reply.
Would i be advised to update to rev9? And also i keep reading that i should at some point install either starfall/preloader, is this correct?

Thanks very much mate, would really appreciate a little help on updating it to the latest revision. Im really new to the wii scene, can mod xbox's all day long but these ios and cios are really confusing me now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1