Adivce on Wii Updates

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by StormBreaker, Nov 12, 2009.

Nov 12, 2009

Adivce on Wii Updates by StormBreaker at 10:11 PM (806 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. StormBreaker
    OP

Newcomer StormBreaker Member

Australia
    Hey guys,

I've been out of the whole wii scene for a good while now as there has been nothing that has tickled my fancy for awhile until the new release of NSMB.

Now my wii has a wiikey with version 1.9s (If I remember correctly) and my PAL wii's version is somewhere in the 3.x (I'd have to check when I'm home from work for exact version).

From reading the other thread people seem to think that NSMB comes with version 4.1 as opposed to 4.2 (This is the major anti wii-chips patch isn't it?).

I really want to buy this from the shops as I enjoy supporting Nintendo for quality games (reason I got the wiikey was to play ssbb since Australia had to wait something like 9 months for a release down here).

How should I go about it? Can I buy NSMB and update without screwing with my chip or is there someway I can play it safe and just block the update itself? (I've been out of it for awhile so I have no idea whats possible now).

Sorry if this is the forum to post in but I believe it fit the topic of "miscellaneous subjects concerning the Wii".

Cheers for any advice guys.

2. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
    Just install Preloader and use Block Updates.

3. RC89

Member RC89 GBAtemp Regular

Denmark
    I'd recon that you softmod your wii instead, there is alot of great guides how to do this in this forum. Have a look at this http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 it might help.
    Always remember to take a NAND backup with bootmii.

4. StormBreaker
    OP

Newcomer StormBreaker Member

Australia
    Is it actually possible to softmod a wii with a chip already inside it? Just looking at that link I don't want to upgrade to 4.2 as I don't want to lose the ability to play region free games.

5. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
    That is one thing preloader does.