OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I got to thinking about how i've gotten addicted to a few games lately, and this required me to make a thread asking...

What games are you addicted to?

Why don't we talk about the games we're addicted to? Of course, for non-players of that game or new players for that game, spoilers would be frowned upon. Despite that little rule, let's talk about the games anyway! Homebrew or not, it doesn't matter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The games i'm addicted to:
1. Soma Bringer
2. Duel Love
3. The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road
4. All Cooking Mama games

That seems to be about it for now.

But really, I love Soma Bringer. I'm not that far into it, probably just to the second location you can head to on Pharzuph's big giant whatchamacallit transportation (can't spell it), but I think it's one of the best games i've ever played. I love the battle systems and all the music and the characters... I don't know why I didn't pick up the game sooner! I play as Millers, and she looks positively cool with giant weapons.
happy.gif

And Duel Love is addicting, but the tons of storyline text I cannot read is annoying somewhat. The minigames are fun though, despite my only having played one of those minigames so far.
The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road, or RIZ-ZOAWD, which is what I shall refer to it as from hereon, is actually a fun game, despite some less than great reviews/scores. It's a great retelling of the WoO story, with updated characters and a whole different side to the story that was not in the movies (remember The Wiz? Or that musical Wicked?) or books. Even simply walking around is fun!
Finally, the Cooking Mama series. Who doesn't like cooking virtual cookies? It's like when you see that lolcat where it says "I made you a cookie but I eated it", but instead of a talking lolcat it's a video game that is basically saying that old saying "You can lead a horse to water but can't force it to drink". It's still fun though. And good for when it's dinnertime, you're not hungry, and need to get hungry really quick. Really fun game. Obvious why i'm addicted to it.

And that is all.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
well, those are some fun games....i got addicted to the luminous arec series beore and then rhythem heaven..now i just play them for fun
Yeah, before the week is out all i'll be addicted to will be Cooking Mama.... Darn me and my easily boredness.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
personally, i didnt think cooking mama was that fun..too bad you dont expierience gaming experience on the ds like you do on the wii or xbox 360 or ps3
i dont play ds alot now since alot of good releases for ps3 and xbox came out...if only they were portable

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
personally, i didnt think cooking mama was that fun..too bad you dont expierience gaming experience on the ds like you do on the wii or xbox 360 or ps3
i dont play ds alot now since alot of good releases for ps3 and xbox came out...if only they were portable
I experience lots of gaming experience on the DS, for how little the gaming experience is compared to a console, but i'd have a good DS if MY PARENTS WOULD BUY ME A FRICKEN DS LITE... Cause mine's broken. There's a big puddle of what appears to be a scratch in the middle of the touch screen (but I scratched some of it off?!), and that has made my DS unable to get the touch screen calibrated. And it's annoying to see in the middle of the DS screen. And I don't like using my sister's DS. And DS Phats are ugly. My parents don't believe that it is illegal for me not to get a new DS asap, either.

acturus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
nostalgia is great if you like turn based rpgs. kingdom hearts is awesome for action-rpg. i was pretty addicted to the professor layton games. the world ends with you. zelda. ff tactics......i could go on forever

the worst by far for me though was picross, that game is the devil, and it will posess you

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well at first Brain Age (both), Flash Focus and Rhytm Heaven, lately Zelda:PH and FIFA2010, but I regret the day I found out .dpg cause I placed a few "Passe Partout" episodes in the microSD and now my 2 YO daughter don't let me play, so I have to wait till bed time, but by that time I better like to play CoD:MW on the Wii...!!
laugh.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edgedancer said:
Elite Beat Agents. Nuff said.

Yeah. I've found myself many times playing the game a lot, then deleting it off my cart, then downloading it and playing it again. It's just oddly addictive.

I'm kinda addicted to FIFA 10 and Mario Hoops. I suck at FIFA but constantly seem to start playing it. Mario Hoops is just good ol' fun.

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Certainly Elite Beat Agents and Ouendan. Those are the kinds of games you'll get addicted to for a good while, then months later come back and get addicted again.
Rhythm Heaven, also. And Taiko no Tatsujin. All those rhythm games.

Also, like mentioned, Phoenix Wright. Those games are great. And Ace Attorney Investigations isn't looking bad, either. So I'm definitely going to play that when it's out.

Kirby Super Star Ultra, until you beat it,
Super Mario 64 DS while it lasts,
Warioware Touched, for sure,
Worms Open Warfare 2,
and even though it's just a mix of existing games, I got addicted to Club House Games for a little while, too.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Actually, i'm sort of an on-off casual and hardcore gamer, so I get addicted to a lot of games but the addiction is gone within a few days..... Sometimes within an hour.

But, it's funny.. It's usually those old favorites.....

Everyone is listing games i've been addicted to once, and deleted from my cart later, to make room for the newer or better games. If it ever gets dumped, i'd probably go and get addicted to Jam Sessions 2... Maybe a little dungeon crawling or something, if they'd release Warcraft or Diablo onto the DS like they should.... I dunno.... Depends on my mood and level of boredom.

And in fact, my level of boredom is extreme right now because Duel Love isn't in english and I don't like waiting SIXTY *Bleep* YEARS for gameplay that isn't cutscene........ Seriously, I like the game, but i've played it for almost an hour and a half and i'm still not even close to getting to play another minigame. My total minigames for the game is 1... Hoping it gets to two, but within the week if I don't get more than 2 minigames i'm just gonna say *bleep* it and delete the game, even though I love it and am addicted to it.

Bleedingelite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninjatown
Picross
TWEWY
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords

Those are the only DS games I played that got me so addicted that I had to bring my ds home over the weekend to play them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans