keine

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Right now or in the past couple months I have been addicted to these games. Can you recommend me anymore? I like games with addictive qualities.

Terraria
Minecraft
Alpha Centauri
Animal Crossing Wild World
Civilization 5
Fallout New Vegas (i liked this better than Skyrim for some weird reason)
Skyrim (mostly because of mods)

Are you addicted to anything right now?

For example I enjoyed Skyward Sword because of its fantastic story. However is wasn't addictive.
The Diablo 3 beta didn't really hook me either which is disappointing. Maybe it just isn't the finished product.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Addictive qualities, huh? Have you tried Heroin Hero?

98923d1220254177-chasing-dragon-dragonnn.jpeg

You're chasing a dragon, but you never catch it...

Reactions: 1 person

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Some recommendations:

RollerCoaster Tycoon 1 or 3 (try both, see which you prefer)
Team Fortress 2
Lose yourself on some flash games site (those bloody TD and point and click games waste so much time)
and you've mentioned the others I was going to say...

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sims? It sounds like you want a game which provides you continual feed-back and incentive to "go in one more time."

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah your best bet would be Sim type games due to the fact that they are very replayable and there is so much you can make from it. What one person finds as being addictive is different from others though so I don't think there is a blanket 'addictive' game type.

Many people I know also are addicted to games like Minecraft. Skyrim, Mass Effect & World of Warcraft (MMOs) but a few of those don't do anything for me. I tend to get sucked into RPGs for their story and that is what does it for me. :)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mass Effect 3 multiplayer demo.

In the course of about 3 days I went from rank 1 to about rank 120. Played it day to night. Woke up at like 8am, started playing at 10am, finished playing late at night, with only like a few minutes dedicated to pee breaks/food.

It's odd that only now am I in the rank 120-ish for the full ME3 game when it has more maps and enemies to play with. Probably because the only major off time I had after ME3 came out was spring break (the demo came out near a 4-day weekend) and I spent all that time playing Vita games.

EDIT: Outside of that...

I relapse a lot on Terraria. There was about one week of school where I'd stay up late at night playing Terraria with a friend. I remember I would always be like "I'll stop playing at 9pm.." and then "I'll stop playing at 9:30pm..." and next thing I know it's 2am and I get all of 4 hours of sleep before school. I haven't touched the game since then but I'll try picking it up once school ends.

I put about 50 hours into Dissidia 012 in about a week, with school, so that's a pretty decent amount.

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My experience is very limited, as I've only ever played Civilization from that list... But these games gave me the "itching to go back for a bit more" feeling similar to Civilization:

Rhythm Heaven (wii)
Gunbound (pc)
Great Little War Game (iOS)
Valkyria Chronicles (ps3)
Halo Wars (360)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-