Activision have doubts about the Wii U's child friendliness.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
that's the impression that I get, but I see it more as Unemployed Artists.
You know, I really hesitated to write exactly that. Or even make it in a pun like 'oh, wait...but an artist is unemployed by default'. But the thing is...they make such great artwork that I didn't want to rub it in. I've got more respect for artists than for guys in suits who delay games to somehow make it sell more (to name one).

RodrigoDavy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You know, I really hesitated to write exactly that. Or even make it in a pun like 'oh, wait...but an artist is unemployed by default'. But the thing is...they make such great artwork that I didn't want to rub it in. I've got more respect for artists than for guys in suits who delay games to somehow make it sell more (to name one).

You know game developers are artists :creep:

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think most stopped giving 2 shits what Bobby Kotick says a long time ago. People see him as the face of the greed in the game industry. Just google his name and take a look at the images...half of them are him looking evil or surrounded by money bags
1355708419_8642_Bobby%20Kotick.jpg

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait they're saying it isn't childish enough? In which case what the hell, that's the opposite of what everyone else is bitching about.

If they are however saying its too child friendly then it doesn't matter, its Nintendo and we've heard it all before, year after year, console after console.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it. Do these companies not want their games released on Nintendo systems? It seems to me that shovelware companies always have something to say about Nintendo. I mean if they really feel there is not a big enough install base then they can always start developing android and iPhone games...

Btw: Bobby Kotick looks like a has been 70s child star.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If he seriously thinks 6-11 year old kids actually WANT to play Skylanders, he has been rolling too many joints lately. Maybe if he walked into a store and saw how many kids were more interested in playing Call of Duty or an EA Sports game, he wouldn't be complaining. Here is a good thought though Kotick, why didn't you hold off on releasing Skylanders for the Wii U until there was a better install base? If you want a product to be profitable, you have to release it at a time when it's going to yield a reward that is worth what you are paying in development costs.

Also, I am sure Kotick bitches and complains about the number of mature Wii U players out there and the fact that Black Ops 2 sold rather poorly on the console because it was a lousy port with no superior graphics or features that made it worth buying over other platforms.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he seriously thinks 6-11 year old kids actually WANT to play Skylanders, he has been rolling too many joints lately. Maybe if he walked into a store and saw how many kids were more interested in playing Call of Duty or an EA Sports game, he wouldn't be complaining. Here is a good thought though Kotick, why didn't you hold off on releasing Skylanders for the Wii U until there was a better install base? If you want a product to be profitable, you have to release it at a time when it's going to yield a reward that is worth what you are paying in development costs.

Also, I am sure Kotick bitches and complains about the number of mature Wii U players out there and the fact that Black Ops 2 sold rather poorly on the console because it was a lousy port with no superior graphics or features that made it worth buying over other platforms.

Skylanders as a franchise passed $1 billion in profits not too long ago.

If you're going to make wild assumptions at least do some research to realize they're absolutely wrong.

Also for reference the CoD Wii games which were "lousy ports" with inferior graphics AND features still managed to sell over one million copies (at least 500,000+) which isn't bad considering how poorly "mature" software did on the system as well as it competing with 3 other versions of the game.

Reactions: Skelletonike

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is Bobby Kotick guys. Nothing pleases him

Skylanders is extremely possible dude. It's not just kids playing it, adults even.
I don't get it. Do these companies not want their games released on Nintendo systems? It seems to me that shovelware companies always have something to say about Nintendo. I mean if they really feel there is not a big enough install base then they can always start developing android and iPhone games...

Btw: Bobby Kotick looks like a has been 70s child star.

I don't understand companies to be honest. There's 3 million users out there with not much to play. Make a great game, doesn't have to be Halo 4 or CoD quality in terms of costs to produce, and boom, you have a lot of sales.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My point is that he is complaining about a console that hasn't even been on the market a full year, still has a high price point and doesn't have the install base to sell a game very well just yet. No one should be complaining about appeal or a game's sales when the game in question isn't exactly a system seller or a killer app for all age brackets, it's kind of limited in terms of it's appeal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries