Acekard2i vs iEDGE

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by photon6786, Apr 1, 2010.

1. photon6786
    OP

photon6786 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2010
    United States
    (sorry new to this site - hope this is the right spot to ask this question)

I do a lot of traveling for work, so was looking to pick up a Nintendo DSi to take along for the ride. I've been reading up quite a bit, and have narrowed my choice down to the following two media adapters:

-Acekard2i
    -iEDGE

Both look pretty reliable from what I am reading. Can anyone give input on their preference, likes/dislikes on each?

Also - I am looking at grabbing a DSi XL. Neither of those cards should have a problem working with the XL right? (I read somewhere the XL had a better job at piracy protection)

GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    The XL is just a big version of the DSi, it uses the same firmware. Any sayings it has more/better piracy protection are just speculation. However, flash carts are not the exact same size as normal carts, and can sometimes be a bit loose, causing them to lose contact with the pins of the DSi/XL. You can place a few layers of tape on the bottom of the label side of the cart to make that part thicker and keeps the pins in contact.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice