frostnuggets

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hi guys,

i know i'm new here and thus i'm sorry for asking questions in my very first post. but the thing is, i own a dsi and i downloaded the freaking 1.4.1 update
hate2.gif
. as you know, it blocked most of the flashcards. i used to use a r4i gold (yes, i know it sucks), but now it wont work. then, i heard the acekard is able to solve my problems, running games with the current patch. now, on to my questions:
1- is the acekard really able to work in a dsi with the 1.4.1 update?
2- do i need another ds to update my acekard or solve the update issue, if i ever need to, or anything like that?
3- what are the differences between the acekard2i and acekard rpg?
4- i've heard the acekard may brick your ds. is that true?
5- how can i know which is the "type" of my dsi? (US, EUR...)
6- which of the acekards should i buy? of course, if you know anything about a better flashcard or something, just say it
smile.gif

7- what is real time save?
8- what is the kernel? and what is that akamaio thing from the acekard? is it hard to understand that homebrewing kind of thing?

thanks a lot for everyone in advance, and sorry for the large amount of questions
frown.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes, but you have to update the Acekard to 1.4.1 before you update the DSi to 1.4.1, or if you have a friend who has a DS Lite or a pre-1.4.1 DSi and you have a DSi 1.4.1, they can update it for you.

2.You don't update the Acekard via the DS, but rather you can do a wifi update through the card or just download the update online.

3. Well for one, you can't use an RPG on the DSi, there are other differences, but I'll let someone else answer that.

4. That's a false, though there are certain programs and games (such as the fake early Dragon Quest IX dump) that can.

5. On the back of the DSi.

6. Because you have a DSi, you can only use the Acekard 2i.

7. Few cards have this, but it allows you to save anytime during gameplay and load from that exact spot you saved. Basically, it's a Save State.

8. I don't know about the kernel. Also, get the AKAIO (it stands for AceKard All In One), it's an unofficial Firmware for the Acekard that has automatic AP patching, better game compatability, and alot more. Click here for more info on it.

D

Deleted-236924

frostnuggets said:
i used to use a r4i gold (yes, i know it sucks)
R4i doesn't suck if you use Wood R4.
If you can find a way to update an AK2i to 1.4.1, then that means you can also update the R4i Gold to 1.4.1 and won't need to buy another cart.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
1 - Yes, my DSi is 1.4.1 and my Acekard 2i works just fine,.
2 - Yes, if you update your DSi again (or buy an older Acekard 2i that doesn't yet have the 1.4.1 update applied to it) then you need another DS to apply the update. Simply update your Acekard 2i before updating your DSi (or on't update your DSi at all) to get around this.
3 - Don't even consider the RPG, it was a nice concept but with MicroSD prices how they are (and DMA/AAP technologies improved) the Acekard 2i is better in pretty much every way. You'll find most stores don't even stock the RPG anymore.
4 - Not unless you happen to run some program that attempts to brick your DS, though AFAIK there's none for the DSi, and one hasn't been created at all in a while.
5 - As said, on the back, but it doesn't matter as there's no region lock for DS stuff, and the flash cart appears as a DS cart to the DSi.
6 - The Acekard 2i. There's also the EZ-Flash VI and the Supercard DSTwo to look into.
7 - Answered below.
8 - The "kernel" is the OS (operating system) of the cart. For the Acekard series you can to use AKAIO, it's the best for it.

cardchart.gif

Note that the prices given are from chinese shops.
If you order from a shop in another country it's more expensive.

[*]The original R4.
NOT "R4-III Upgrade", NOT "R4-SDHC", NOT "R4i NDSLL", NOT "R4 Red", NOT "R4 King"...
NOT ANYTHING ELSE WITH "R4" IN THE NAME! JUST "R4 Revolution For DS".

The cheap card for somebody that just wants to play games on a DS/Lite.

[*]R4i Gold
The cheap card for somebody that wants to play games on a DSi with more storage.

[*]Acekard 2i
Mid-range card for people that want to play games on a DSi/XL with some extra features.

[*]EZ-Flash Vi
Higher-end card with even more features.

[*]Supercard DSTwo
Pretty much the ultimate card right now.

• DS / DS Lite
    The card will work on an original (fat) DS or a DS Lite.
  • DSi / DSi XL
    The card will work on a DSi or DSi XL as well.
  • Game Updates
    Firmware updates are what let cards play newer games, these are the life-blood of the card.
  • SDHC
    SDHC refers to SD cards larger than 2GB (gigabytes). If there's no SDHC support, you can only use SD cards up to 2GB.
  • WiFi Update
    The Acekard 2i can update it's cheats (and get minor bug fixes) over WiFi without having to connect to a computer.
  • Auto Ap Bypass
    Some carts have special features to ignore AP in most games, letting you play them without having to wait for a firmware update first. The Acekard only has partial support for this right now.
  • RTS
    The Real-Time Save (Save State) function lets you save and reload your game progress at any moment you wish.
  • In-Game Guide
    You can pull up text files and images in-game, in order to check a walkthrough or map you downloaded at any time during a game.
  • Slow Motion
    The card lets you slow down the game speed as you wish.
  • In-Game Cheats
    The card lets you create and modify cheats while the game is running.
  • Special Homebrew
    The card has multiple pieces of special homebrew, such as it's own GBA and SNES emulators, as well as text/PDF reader and video player.
  • Battery Life
    Unfortunately the DSTwo's extra CPU and RAM (which give it the special features) eat into the battery life a bit.

frostnuggets

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
holy crap, sounds like i asked all those things at the right forum
yaynds.gif

thanks a lot for the fast answers, and sorry for the time i took to post a reply.
ok, i just didn't get some things:
1- as i said, i've already downloaded the 1.4.1 update in my dsi. is it still possible to use the acekard 2i?
2- lets consider the acekard 2i is already "updated". in that case, is it necessary to update my dsi in some aspect? remember, it is 1.4.1 already.

ok, and now some new questions
tongue.gif

3- sometimes i have the same game, but one US and the other one is EUR. are there any differences between them, like "the US one is supposed to be played with US DSi"?
4- about the auto ap bypass, what does ap stand for?
5- is the EZ-Flash Vi or the Supercard DSTwo able to work at a DSi with 1.4.1 firmware?

thanks a lot again

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
frostnuggets said:
1- as i said, i've already downloaded the 1.4.1 update in my dsi. is it still possible to use the acekard 2i?
2- lets consider the acekard 2i is already "updated". in that case, is it necessary to update my dsi in some aspect? remember, it is 1.4.1 already.
3- sometimes i have the same game, but one US and the other one is EUR. are there any differences between them, like "the US one is supposed to be played with US DSi"?
4- about the auto ap bypass, what does ap stand for?
5- is the EZ-Flash Vi or the Supercard DSTwo able to work at a DSi with 1.4.1 firmware?

1. Yes, if you have a updated AK2i. If you haven't you'll need a DSi with fw 1.3 or below or a DS/DSL.
2. No, no update is needed since the AK2i doesn't need the firmware to be of a certain version.
3. Not necessarily, there might be some localization things with language (color vs colour, etc.) and the Eu version usually has more languages.
4. Anti-Piracy
5. Yes and Yes, if they are updated to support the 1.4.1 fw.

-Qtis

frostnuggets

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
lol, sorry again for taking such a long time to post a reply.
just one more question: the Supercard DSTwo, EZ-Flash Vi and Acekard 2i seem to be the best flashcards right? so, before buying any of them, do i need to consider any other aspect that wasnt mentioned in that list Rydian posted before? because i dont care about the price, so the Supercard DSTwo seems to be the best option. and about that battery life thing, what is it about? i mean, is it a permanent reduction of the battery life OR is it just about spending "energy" faster, thus needing to be recharged more often?
thanks a lot again
smile.gif

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
frostnuggets said:
just one more question: the Supercard DSTwo, EZ-Flash Vi and Acekard 2i seem to be the best flashcards right? so, before buying any of them, do i need to consider any other aspect that wasnt mentioned in that list Rydian posted before? because i dont care about the price, so the Supercard DSTwo seems to be the best option. and about that battery life thing, what is it about? i mean, is it a permanent reduction of the battery life OR is it just about spending "energy" faster, thus needing to be recharged more often?
thanks a lot again
smile.gif

Just needs to be recharged faster. Although keep in mind the more a Li-ion battery is used is slowly becomes weaker over time.

And yes, the DSTWO has the most features and best compatibility.

@ Rydian: Didn't the Dragon Quest IX rom get a Taihen redeux? I remember that disguised Japanese DSi version rom was just Taihen with padding and it WAS able to brick DSis.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frostnuggets said:
thanks a lot again
smile.gif
The DSTWO eats up battery life in the short term, though that will have an effect on the longterm in the process.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would say. Go for the acekard 2i. I don't think you will use all the functions of the supercard DSTWO anyway since the standard thing that people want is just to play games. But if you really don't care about money grab that supercard
wink.gif

Schicksalsheld

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you use an normal DS / Lite you should buy an Acekard R.P.G. it has 8 GigaBit NAND, an better Build Quality and it is able to use Wood and Akaio and its completely OpenSource...

But which Shop has the Acekard R.P.G. in Stock ?

frostnuggets

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
sorry for the bumping again
tongue.gif

ok, so just one thing that isnt clear to me yet. do i need to consider any other aspect of the flashcards other than the ones listed in that list above?
and so, i didnt like that battery thing from the dstwo, so i should buy an ez-flash?
thanks
smile.gif

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
frostnuggets said:
sorry for the bumping again
tongue.gif

ok, so just one thing that isnt clear to me yet. do i need to consider any other aspect of the flashcards other than the ones listed in that list above?
and so, i didnt like that battery thing from the dstwo, so i should buy an ez-flash?
thanks
smile.gif

You have two choices:

1. Live with it.
2. Get an Ak2i.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw