Hacking Acekard RPG deletes it's own system files?

o RedSheLL x

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I was just on my RPG, I like to copy GBATemp linker reviews onto my RPG, just to read. And I just copied one on my RPG, it said corrupted when I cut the file from my NAND to MicroSD, I did the process again, it wasn't corrupt. I then turned my DS off again (for sum reason I cant remember,
blink.gif
.) and it said loading, then white screens. This had happened to me b4. I kept trying to start it, then I plugged my RPG into the comp, and __aio was there, but no files were in the folder? WTF AKAIO!?

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've never heard of this issue. but it sounds like a corruption of the file system. which shouldn't happen with the AKAIO functions, as this issue has only been reported once, maybe its just a once off thing. if it happens again and it can be reproduced then we will have to look into it.

o RedSheLL x

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
logical thinker said:
Never happened to me. I have the AKRPG for 5 months.
I have the weird RPG, get this, AKAIO used to not play some games cuz I had patches, now I play the same games, same patches, same place d/led, and they work fine, now I get my firmware deleted?
hate2.gif
Well, it duzn't do it anymore. And I hope it duzn't do it again. I'm in Texas, so if my Firmware is deleted. And if I'm out of power, because of the hurricane, I'm super-screwed.
lecture.gif
lecture.gif
lecture.gif
lecture.gif
yaynds.gif

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This used to happen to me pretty frequently (maybe five or six times in the first couple months I had the card). This was with both the Acekard firmware and the originla Merged Love firmware. During that period I was using the NAND a lot, keeping homebrew on there and even using for testing my own dev projects and copying stuff back and forth from the microSD and NAND a lot. So I decided to start putting homebrew on the microSD (and go back using my old Supercard SD for dev work), leaving the NAND only for piracy and not using the built in file management functions. Since then I haven't had another corruption problem since then, though I still religiously keep backups of the NAND contents.

Since I didn't see other people complaining about it, I just assumed that there was some sort of defect in my NAND.

My card also sometimes doesn't want to load when I reset the system. The black LOADING screen doesn't even come up, just white screens. I have to turn the system on and off three or four times before it will finally work.

...word is bondage...

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sweater Fish Deluxe said:
My card also sometimes doesn't want to load when I reset the system. The black LOADING screen doesn't even come up, just white screens. I have to turn the system on and off three or four times before it will finally work.

That happens to me on my AKRPG, AK2 and SCDS1 its because the flashcart isnt making proper contact, easy solution just eject the cart and put it back in and it should work fine.

o RedSheLL x

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well like I said, now I'm copying tons of files with the built in file system, and nothing's getting corrupted. I've NEVER had that happen to any other cart, and when something gets corrupted, my NAND duzn't delete EVERYTHING, just the sys files.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
ita_redshell said:
Well like I said, now I'm copying tons of files with the built in file system, and nothing's getting corrupted. I've NEVER had that happen to any other cart, and when something gets corrupted, my NAND duzn't delete EVERYTHING, just the sys files.

perhaps the file allocation table or the pointers to the data were lost, deleted, or corrupted due to some unknown glitch. the data might still be there but you can't see it/access it.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...