Acekard RPG deletes it's own system files?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by o RedSheLL x, Sep 10, 2008.

Sep 10, 2008
  1. o RedSheLL x
    OP

Member o RedSheLL x GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Okay so I was just on my RPG, I like to copy GBATemp linker reviews onto my RPG, just to read. And I just copied one on my RPG, it said corrupted when I cut the file from my NAND to MicroSD, I did the process again, it wasn't corrupt. I then turned my DS off again (for sum reason I cant remember, [​IMG] .) and it said loading, then white screens. This had happened to me b4. I kept trying to start it, then I plugged my RPG into the comp, and __aio was there, but no files were in the folder? WTF AKAIO!?

2. Smiths

Member Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

United States
    welcome to the RPG NAND. it does that on all of them randomly.

Really annoying.

3. o RedSheLL x
    OP

United States
    LoL, that's great, never did that on the stock RPG firmware.

4. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    I've never heard of this issue. but it sounds like a corruption of the file system. which shouldn't happen with the AKAIO functions, as this issue has only been reported once, maybe its just a once off thing. if it happens again and it can be reproduced then we will have to look into it.

5. o RedSheLL x
    OP

United States
    Hmm, well, when it's happened, it happened once, then, it never happens again.

6. logical thinker

Member logical thinker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    Never happened to me. I have the AKRPG for 5 months.

7. o RedSheLL x
    OP

United States
    I have the weird RPG, get this, AKAIO used to not play some games cuz I had patches, now I play the same games, same patches, same place d/led, and they work fine, now I get my firmware deleted? [​IMG] Well, it duzn't do it anymore. And I hope it duzn't do it again. I'm in Texas, so if my Firmware is deleted. And if I'm out of power, because of the hurricane, I'm super-screwed. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Sweater Fish Del

Member Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This used to happen to me pretty frequently (maybe five or six times in the first couple months I had the card). This was with both the Acekard firmware and the originla Merged Love firmware. During that period I was using the NAND a lot, keeping homebrew on there and even using for testing my own dev projects and copying stuff back and forth from the microSD and NAND a lot. So I decided to start putting homebrew on the microSD (and go back using my old Supercard SD for dev work), leaving the NAND only for piracy and not using the built in file management functions. Since then I haven't had another corruption problem since then, though I still religiously keep backups of the NAND contents.

Since I didn't see other people complaining about it, I just assumed that there was some sort of defect in my NAND.

My card also sometimes doesn't want to load when I reset the system. The black LOADING screen doesn't even come up, just white screens. I have to turn the system on and off three or four times before it will finally work.

...word is bondage...

9. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    That happens to me on my AKRPG, AK2 and SCDS1 its because the flashcart isnt making proper contact, easy solution just eject the cart and put it back in and it should work fine.

10. o RedSheLL x
    OP

United States
    Well like I said, now I'm copying tons of files with the built in file system, and nothing's getting corrupted. I've NEVER had that happen to any other cart, and when something gets corrupted, my NAND duzn't delete EVERYTHING, just the sys files.

11. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    perhaps the file allocation table or the pointers to the data were lost, deleted, or corrupted due to some unknown glitch. the data might still be there but you can't see it/access it.

-another world

12. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Does checkdisk/chkdsk after the fact turn up lost chains (a FAT problem, then)?

13. o RedSheLL x
    OP

United States
    WHOA, man, can u dumb that out for me? U guys know SO much more than I do about Flashcarts.