Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.greenbookhackers.com
XP
Country
Hi I was looking for a new flash-kart to buy, and I stumbled across the R.P.G. on dealextreme. I see that this card has amazing features. I also like the opensource firmware, I myself is a opensource junkie. I use Linux. I was just wondering should I get this card.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you REALLY want open source firmware, you can consider it
But still, the custom firmware AKAIO is made from the AKRPG firmware and has more functions, plus it plays on every acekard.
The only AKRPG I could find on DX was pretty expensive (costs even more than a cycloDS), so you might be better with another card
any other functions you prefer for your card to have?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think DealExtreme still has it. If it's about the open source firmware, you should get the AK2. It cheap, it's awesome and it has the best custom software for a DS flashcart ever made.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would definitely recommend either an RPG or a Cyclo. I love most everything about my RPG, but the fact is Acekard have pretty poor support for their own products. If it weren't for AIO they would be hardly worth using. Meanwhile Cyclo has no problem implementing features like save states.

It's worth the extra money for an RPG, but I'm not certain if they're still in production since Acekard makes so much money off the cheaper cards. If you can find one in stock some place, buy it up quick or you may not have another chance.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i heard first hand that acekard is dropping the rpg someone in the future for the ak2.1 and ak2i. the rpg is expensive, is harder to code firmware for, and geared more towards developers. i agree wit everything dib said. i love my rpg, i'm glad i own it.... but i get more use out of my ak2s now.

-another world

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Except they forgot to add the developer support. The one thing they all clamored for was using the USB to help in debugging, or at least to load+execute code without having to constantly replug the device. Acekard never got around to any of it.

Like I said, great product but only out of the hands of Acekard. Otherwise we'd have save states and slow motion just like the Cyclo.

GTA came out the other day and worked on the RPG as-is, while everybody else was whining over patches and flooding the site. It's something to think about.

The RPG has absolutely nothing wrong with it. People are cheap and can't be arsed to pay more than $12 for a device that plays infinite games. It's ridiculous, but it's just indicative of the types that usually buy these. I consider it worth the money. And considering that I bought it over a year ago, the fact that I paid like $60 instead of $20 for something like an R4 at the time is negligible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny