Acekard firmware question

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Pwnage, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Pwnage
    OP

Pwnage GBAtemp Regular

Jan 15, 2010
    United States
    Hi , i am currently using official firmware 4.07a15 due to the fact i have problems with 4.21 and AKAIO. My question is am i able to still play games like spirit tracks pkmn platinum etc sry for the nub question am relatively new to the whole flashcard scene [​IMG]

2. penthaler

penthaler GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2009
    mystique
    Simple answer -> NO. You can test them, but most of the new game will not work (as a clear ROM).
    For Spirit Tracks you will need patch. For pokemons - dont know...

3. Pwnage
    OP

Pwnage GBAtemp Regular

Jan 15, 2010
    United States
    ic thats interesting i just goofed around in the files and i can play spirit tracks , pkmn , glory of hercules , etc without probs =\

4. XWolf

XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 9, 2009
    So you asked the question why?

Actually, if you have managed to do what has previously been mentioned to not work then please, Please contribute to the forum - What did you do?

5. Pwnage
    OP

Pwnage GBAtemp Regular

Jan 15, 2010
    United States
    I asked the question because i thought that the newer firmwares just addressed problems found in particular roms thats all [​IMG]

6. Dark^'^Knigh

Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2007
    Paradise
    Well, n00bster, yes firmware updates DO address game compatibility issues (along with other enhancements, from time to time).
    Still doesn't explain why you bothered to create a thread about game compatibility with an out-dated firmware, given you had already loaded it & were obviously going to load roms anyway!
    [​IMG] effin wacko

7. Leonidas

Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Aug 27, 2009
    Slovenia
    sLOVEnia
    As far as I can see, you are stuck with 4.07, which means no updates for you since 26.6.2008, and that sucks. You should really be working towards a replacement.

8. Pwnage
    OP

Pwnage GBAtemp Regular

Jan 15, 2010
    United States
    I addressed the reason i asked the question , i am playing Spirit Tracks , Pkmn HG/Platinum , Glory of Hercules with no problems.

9. bob_742

bob_742 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2010
    Canada
    i have the same problem and i can play most new games but kh or mario and luigi inside story dont work so that just show that you will have problems eventually