Hacking Acekard 2i what's underneath the sticker?

FFdreamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I have a fairly flat acekard 2i, but the DSi keeps rubbing the sticker on one spot where there's perhaps a tiny tiny bump so my question is: underneath the sticker is there plastic cover and then chip inside or is the chip right under the sticker? I'm asking because if it's right under I'm afraid that over time the sticker will rub off completely on that spot and the DSi will start scratching the chip itself... Since I switch it between my DS Phat and DSi every day, it could get scratched very soon...

When I put the acekard 2i on a flat surface, it only jiggles a little, so it's almost 100% flat...

FFdreamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I doubt it, the sticker is sticking firmly so nothing could have gotten underneath, it's just maybe a half mm bump sumewhere (these cards aren't made perfect and can be a little uneven, it's plastic...) enough that the metal part of the DSi rubs it a little... It's on the right side... If there's a plastic cover above the chip then I have no worries, the DSi can rub the sticker for all I care...

SparkFenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its a chip inside the acekard if im not mistaken, i dont think theres any problem in the sticker getting ripped

but i dont know how it looks without the sticker

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It should be the black glue sort of stuff (name eludes me at the moment).
chip.JPG

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's normal, it's from teh glob top encapsulated IC underneath the shell.

IMG_3355.jpg

Most people will feel a bump or a dimple underneath the sticker from this, as the shell is slightly too small which cause the IC underneath to push the shell outwards slightly. The amount that it does thsi depends on the amount of Epoxy resin which covers the IC. If you lay it sticker side down on a flat surface, you'll probably be able to rock it side to side.

JP: It's an Epoxy resin.

FFdreamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Jasper07 don't worry, it's no trouble:), I'm just curious so thank you all for your answers. I know these cards can't be 100% perfect and if in the process the sticker gets a little bruised and scratched... who cares... I've been putting mine in and taking it out lots of times these days because I've been transferring more and more games, so that probably played a part, too...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...