Acekard 2i what's underneath the sticker?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by FFdreamer, Aug 17, 2010.

Aug 17, 2010
  1. FFdreamer
    OP

Newcomer FFdreamer Member

Croatia
    I have a fairly flat acekard 2i, but the DSi keeps rubbing the sticker on one spot where there's perhaps a tiny tiny bump so my question is: underneath the sticker is there plastic cover and then chip inside or is the chip right under the sticker? I'm asking because if it's right under I'm afraid that over time the sticker will rub off completely on that spot and the DSi will start scratching the chip itself... Since I switch it between my DS Phat and DSi every day, it could get scratched very soon...

When I put the acekard 2i on a flat surface, it only jiggles a little, so it's almost 100% flat...

2. Jasper07

Member Jasper07 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    It should be just the plastic cover... maybe there's a little sand or dust under the sticker?

3. FFdreamer
    OP

Croatia
    I doubt it, the sticker is sticking firmly so nothing could have gotten underneath, it's just maybe a half mm bump sumewhere (these cards aren't made perfect and can be a little uneven, it's plastic...) enough that the metal part of the DSi rubs it a little... It's on the right side... If there's a plastic cover above the chip then I have no worries, the DSi can rub the sticker for all I care...

4. SparkFenix

Member SparkFenix GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    Its a chip inside the acekard if im not mistaken, i dont think theres any problem in the sticker getting ripped

but i dont know how it looks without the sticker

5. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    It should be the black glue sort of stuff (name eludes me at the moment).
    [​IMG]

6. Jasper07

Member Jasper07 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    oh maybe it's the screw in the slot 1 that is causing all the trouble, I had that problem too once

7. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    It's normal, it's from teh glob top encapsulated IC underneath the shell.

[​IMG]

Most people will feel a bump or a dimple underneath the sticker from this, as the shell is slightly too small which cause the IC underneath to push the shell outwards slightly. The amount that it does thsi depends on the amount of Epoxy resin which covers the IC. If you lay it sticker side down on a flat surface, you'll probably be able to rock it side to side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JP: It's an Epoxy resin.

8. FFdreamer
    OP

Croatia
    Jasper07 don't worry, it's no trouble:), I'm just curious so thank you all for your answers. I know these cards can't be 100% perfect and if in the process the sticker gets a little bruised and scratched... who cares... I've been putting mine in and taking it out lots of times these days because I've been transferring more and more games, so that probably played a part, too...