Hacking acekard 2i update issues

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I read a guide on here but it only supports 1.44 I think?

My DSI is 1.4.5, Is there hope to update my card?

gabriel1073

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sadly, there ins't. Acekard Team just suddenly stopped giving us customers updates over firmware/game compatibility, not only you can't update higher than 1.44, there are also some games that doesn't works :(.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's ashame. I remember having to replace my supercard a couple years ago due to the same issue.

Can someone link me where I can buy one? unless that's not allowed to be asked I apologize.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another question if you don't mind me asking: But have they made a 3DS flashcart for playing 3DS games yet? or is it still just DS?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
due to hardware limitations the ak2i could no longer be supported with bootloader updates. as a result team acekard just folded up shop. akaio soon followed, norm and smiths have not put out an update for a long while. if you are using a dsi, your best bet is to move onto a supported card. we often recommend the SCDS2, R4iDSN, and R4i Gold (.cn). the SCDS2 will give you some nice features such as slow-motion, exclusive emulation (gba, snes, etc), a video player, and more. The R4i cards from the .cn web team will be basic cards that will get you gaming and playing homebrew. both of the R4i cards support the wood firmware, which is an off-shoot of the acekard rpg firmware. however, wood has not been updated in a while, so perhaps your best choice for compatibility is an SCDS2.

if you do get an R4i make sure you buy from a legit site and that you double check everything about it. many clones are out there which call themselves "R4i" and these clones do not run the wood firmware.

Another question if you don't mind me asking: But have they made a 3DS flashcart for playing 3DS games yet? or is it still just DS?

i haven't been keeping up with this as well as i should have, but there are cards which can run 3DS roms and homebrew. keep in mind that 3ds games require 3ds-mode, via a 3ds. just like how you can't play dsi games on the regular ds, you can't play 3ds games on the dsi. if you upgrade to the 3ds then i would suggest that you start to conduct some research in our 3ds forum. everything you'll be likely to ask has already been answered there.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-