Hacking AceKard 2i turns really hot and make strange noises

d0omrider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Acekard 2i works perfectly on my dsi and my friend wants to use it so i lend it to him. However, when he tried to play it during the game there are alot of strange static noise and then the cartage turns super hot which makes the ds lite turns hot too. Is it to play? Will my cart become corrupted?

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Your firend's DS was short-circuited. That explains the strange static sounds. The hot AK2i is it getting fried. You might want to check it and see if it still works. But that sounds like what happened.

d0omrider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for replying but i still have questions

It still works ; should i stop playing on the ds lite then or take occasional breaks and wait for it to cool down ; if my acekard gets fried i wont be able to play it anymore?; What does a fried Acekard 2i look like?

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would tell your friend to get a new ds lite if his is short-circuited because if that is the case it should do that with every game not just an ak2i. And I would imagine that a fried ak2i looks the same as a normal one except it doesn't work.

Camshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Weird, but there was a couple of occurences of some flash carts blowing the internal fuse on the DSL. Could that have been what was happening, it about to go pop?

Camshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol just double check I agree and the card shouldn't heat us as mentioned unless an anomaly with the console has occured or an act of Nintendo
tongue.gif

d0omrider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow it just started making those noises in the other games i play on his ds so i guess your right about the short circuit ill see a mechanic on that however the heating occurs even if im not charging

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
d0omrider said:
Wow it just started making those noises in the other games i play on his ds so i guess your right about the short circuit ill see a mechanic on that however the heating occurs even if im not charging
as ds or anything Nintendo makes is very hard to open unless you have the right screwdriver I doubt a standard mechanic would be able to do anything. If its under warranty still you can have Nintendo fix it.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
so far the thoughts are that the issue is with his nds, with that it is shorting out in someway, probably in the slot1 connection or along those lines? otherwise this would be the first report i have read about the ak2i causing a nds to short out in some way... and that would be really bad.

-another world

d0omrider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
so far the thoughts are that the issue is with his nds, with that it is shorting out in someway, probably in the slot1 connection or along those lines? otherwise this would be the first report i have read about the ak2i causing a nds to short out in some way... and that would be really bad.

-another world

Short out? what do you mean? AS in i only have a limited time of playing the ds before it breaks?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
there was a statement made that your friends ds shorted out. i am curious then if the issue is with a faulty nds or if the acekard can cause a ds to short out. that was the point of my question above. i do realize that this could simply be a bad acekard, a bad msd, bad roms, a corruption issue, a firmware/loader problem, etc. however, i had to ask the question to see what the response would be.

as for the acekard, if it is dead just contact your retailer and ask for a replacement. all acekard products come with a 1 yr unspoken warranty. your retailer will know this.

-another world

Camshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Very true, if your warranty if out of date, then you'll need to grab the screwdrivers
smile.gif
and can be bought from most flashcart websites
biggrin.gif

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG my Acekard 2i turns hot like crazy. And today when I was playing New Super Mario Bros it started to make wierd noises to then I soft reseted from the game and the noises stopped.

EDIT: The wierd noise I think it doesn't come from the Acekard but is coming either from the DS lites speakers or inside the DS lite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy