Hacking Acekard 2i Problems (game freezes, black screen, etc.)

Reggiegygas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I have an Acekard 2i and a DS Lite (and a 3in1 but that's not an issue).

I have the following problems:

1) Sometimes, but rarely, when I close my DS and re-open it the game goes black and won't come back. The system is still powered on. I can start the game again and play for many hours without it happening again, it just happens sometimes.

2) I notice that it takes a while for my Acekard 2i to initially load when I turn on my DS, which wasn't always the case. It used to be pretty instant, now it takes about 5 seconds on a black screen. Then the "loading" shows up, flashes white, and it performs normally.

3) When I go back to the "root" and try to select the microSD card on my DS, nothing happens. if I select slot-2, it says no slot-2 is inserted. If I reset the system it goes back to the folder selection and works fine, it's just when I press the B button and go to the root menu that for some reason the card acts as if anything is inserted.

To clarify, I checked if this was a fake card and the website says it's real. I have a 16 GB microSD card. I reformatted with Panasonic to see if that would help, and it did speed up lameboy but that's about it.

Thanks for your help. I don't think it's under warranty anymore.

Reggiegygas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 - I just tried shaking it, and nothing happened. Seems to be random, but I don't know.

2 - I see.

3 - To clarify this problem, if I go back in the menu on my DS to the screen where you select MicroSD or Slot-2, nothing works. Selecting MicroSD will do nothing (no error), and selecting Slot-2 will come back with an error saying there's nothing inserted (even though there is). When I reset I can bypass this menu (it'll take me to where all the folders are automatically), but something's wrong.

Thanks

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
what you are describing seem to be akaio related bugs that were never completely ironed out. i have also experienced the main direction icons doing nothing. i tried to debug it and i can recall discussing it with normmatt a while ago. i am pretty sure we never did find out what was causing it. at first i thought it was a corrupted msd card, because doing reformats always fixed the issue. now i think it may be related to the globalsettings.ini file and/or the optionlist.bin file. i also had better results with the 3in1 was not inserted, so using it for awhile without the 3in1. just know you are not alone, i can confirm the behavior. try a reformat using the panasonic formatter and see if that helps.

i also recall users having issues with sleep mode. i've never experienced it myself. it could be related to specific games or a corrupted msd card. i once had an install of akaio do weird things. i began to debug it by verifying files by their crc value and then replacing them 1 file at a time. i eventually narrowed it down to 1 file. once that 1 file was replaced everything went back to normal. so it is possible that you are experiencing issues from a single corrupted file. the easy fix is to do a reformat and then replace everything with clean backed-up files.

the later ak2i bootloaders increased the initial loading time. if you are using a ds lite (where bootloaders won't make a difference on your ability to run the ak2i) you can try flashing an earlier bootloader. you can grab the files (and get info on what to do) from the wiki article. http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout