Acekard 2i/firmware 1.4E help

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by orotdi, Dec 12, 2009.

1. orotdi
    OP

orotdi Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    My brother updated the firmware to 1.4E, resulting in the "An error has occurred" message when loading up the Acekard 2i.

Now, I followed the stickies at the top, I've formatted the micro sd card, I've redownloaded everything, following it word for word yet it still won't load, the same message is still popping up.

I believe I'm missing something incredibly obvious but can't figure it for the life of me.

Thanks.

2. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    It sound like you haven't done the AK2i fix for DS 1.4 upgrades

have a look @ this thread

3. orotdi
    OP

orotdi Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    @CannonFoddr, I already have seen that thread and downloaded that but can't seem to use the file as I can't get past the error screen.

Well I've been googling around a bit and found this

Specifically the bold, this may be the problem, is it possible to get around this?

4. jak larnak

jak larnak GBAtemp Regular

Jul 21, 2009
    France
    Not so far
    You need a DS phat/Lite or a DSi lower than 1.4 to run the update. There's no other way.

5. orotdi
    OP

orotdi Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    I've got a DS phat lying around at home, so once I run and update the Acekard's firmware on that it should work on the DSi

Thanks for the help lads.

6. Lakerfanalways

Lakerfanalways GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 20, 2009
    United States
    The AceKard 2i that I have from reelhotstuff.com already comes with the update fix for 1.4..when I get the DSi, do I still have to update anything or am I good to go

7. BoxShot

BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

Dec 18, 2008
    United States
    Middle of the ocean.
    Haven't I answered that question for you before? Well no you don't have to update it again.

8. Lakerfanalways

Lakerfanalways GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 20, 2009
    United States
    You might have, just making sure. Been reading the threads and some have posted different things so just wanted to be sure. So I just pop in the MicroSD card that already has AKAIO in it and Im good to go..thanks