Hacking Acekard 2i/firmware 1.4E help

orotdi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brother updated the firmware to 1.4E, resulting in the "An error has occurred" message when loading up the Acekard 2i.

Now, I followed the stickies at the top, I've formatted the micro sd card, I've redownloaded everything, following it word for word yet it still won't load, the same message is still popping up.

I believe I'm missing something incredibly obvious but can't figure it for the life of me.

Thanks.

orotdi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CannonFoddr, I already have seen that thread and downloaded that but can't seem to use the file as I can't get past the error screen.

Well I've been googling around a bit and found this

QUOTE said:
Acekard have released a new update for the AK2i which works with the recent v1.4 update by Nintendo which blocked all flashcarts. In the download there are two files:
ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds - Use this to upgrade just the one Acekard 2i.
ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds - Use this to upgrade multiple Acekard 2i without needing to switch off the DSi.

Remember, DO NOT update the DSi firmware until you have installed the updated AK2i firmware or you will not be able to upgrade. Upgrade the AK2i firmware first, then the DSi firmware.

Specifically the bold, this may be the problem, is it possible to get around this?

orotdi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a DS phat lying around at home, so once I run and update the Acekard's firmware on that it should work on the DSi

Thanks for the help lads.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The AceKard 2i that I have from reelhotstuff.com already comes with the update fix for 1.4..when I get the DSi, do I still have to update anything or am I good to go

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
Haven't I answered that question for you before? Well no you don't have to update it again.

You might have, just making sure. Been reading the threads and some have posted different things so just wanted to be sure. So I just pop in the MicroSD card that already has AKAIO in it and Im good to go..thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.