Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
GeminiX said:
antonkan said:
misticknight said:
sorry if this is stupid but does this mean now that the DSi reads the AceKard as a proper game its future update proof, or can nintendo easily work around this?

It can read Acekard 2i on your Nintendo DSi but it's in wrong icon (Danny Phatom: Urban Jungle). Just run it and it will show you the Acekard 2i firmware.

oh oh. so. like next update, it MIGHT change back?

Yes, it may work.

GeminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
If its 1.4u.

U can't use the FIx on that DSi..

U HAVE TO HAVE A DSL for that Situation.

This update works on

1. DS Lite to update to for DSi usage on 1.4
2. DSi's on firmware not higher than 1.3
3. some R4 Clones

Will NOT WORK on DSi that's already 1.4

u will need to update your acekard2i on a DSL. Then once the acekard 2i has been updated on the DSi...then try it on your DSi

theres 2 files when you download the file at page 1 (very top page for idiots who didn't know).the file named ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds FOR the DSL. if you use ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds on the DSL, you got a 50% chance it works.
mine worked (phew!).
ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds = For a DSi that was updated to 1.4U
ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds = For DSL usage. use this file and update it on the DSL and then transfer flash card to dsi
it all works but wiht a messed up f****** icon. its a icon of Danny Phantom.
really i was glad i still hadn't sold my broken DSL when i updated. or then i was screwed "-.- (my DSL had a broken hinge, screen goes blur when i flip the screen too far, touch screen failure, and has many lost pieces and cracks xD)

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Simon_Bae said:
How can I change this ugly menu icon and flash card name

should i wait until acekard team's fix?

This is their fix. The game icon and name had to be changed to make the card work on firmware 1.4, you're stuck with Danny Phantom if you want to run your Acekard on firmware 1.4.

vone890

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
err guys what if...

I have a dsi right, its version 1.4. And i downloaded the update for 1.4. I Try to run the Acekard update, then it ssaidi the error. THen i received an email saying "If you've updated your DSi to 1.4 already then you have to find one DSi under 1.4 to run it.
If you've not updated your DSi then you can run ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds first then update your DSi to 1.4.
Thanks." And i know no-one else with a dsi who has 1.3 or under. So will it work if i update it on a Nintendo Ds Lite ? And if it does, which update will i use? The Dsi one or the NDSL one. Thanks

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I will say it again.

Use the DSi version even if you update it on a DS lite

if you have multiple acekard 2i, use the DSL version on a DS Lite to flash all your Acekard 2i without installing it on each microSD cards on each Acekard 2i. The DSL version will be in the DS LIte's RAM and just insert the rest of tthe acekard 2i you have for easy access on the update.

I hope i understood what Normatt said on his post.

The DSL version is used to unbrick the bricked acekard 2i when you used the DSi version. you must have another acekard 2i for it to be unbricked.

Hendroit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you need an internet connection to do the update on the ak2i? If yes, will it work on a WPA2-PSK protected network since ak2i only runs in DS-mode?

vone890

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another question, will this work on the R4i, because my cousin has an r4i but he has 1.4. Im trying to fix for him. And if this update doesnt work on an r4i, is there a fix for the r4i yet and were? Thanks

EpicPie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So no possible chance of someone just uploading the updated files for us people who only own a DSi since we traded in our DS Lite to use those to place onto our Micro SD Card's and run it? :'(

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hendroit said:
Do you need an internet connection to do the update on the ak2i? If yes, will it work on a WPA2-PSK protected network since ak2i only runs in DS-mode?

No, you don't need internet connection when updating an Ak2i.
But u need to have wi-fi connection in order to update DSi firmware to 1.4..
But you MUST update the Ak2i first before upgrading to 1.4 firmware if you only have one DSi with you..

TheDestroyer

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
EpicPie said:
So no possible chance of someone just uploading the updated files for us people who only own a DSi since we traded in our DS Lite to use those to place onto our Micro SD Card's and run it? :'(

My advice is that find someone that owns a DSLite/DSPhat/DSi (with 1.3 firmware or below) and borrow them to update your Ak2i..
It's really simple..

TheDestroyer

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
vone890 said:
another question, will this work on the R4i, because my cousin has an r4i but he has 1.4. Im trying to fix for him. And if this update doesnt work on an r4i, is there a fix for the r4i yet and were? Thanks

Hope this helps:

DjoeN said:
Like posted in the other topic, the update works fine on the R4i (clone) from www.r4ipro.com

BUT

It says:
CHIP ID: 0fc2
HW: 4444

Update 100% done

After the update:
- No icon or TXT change and doesn't work (error) on 1.4e DSi
- does still work on the dlite and 1.3e DSi

[UPDATE]

THIS UPDATE Does also work on:

- R4i-Ultra (http://www.r4ultra.com/)

It says:
CHIP ID: 0fc2
HW: 4444

Update 100% and working!

(YouTube clip is comming)

QUOTE(DjoeN @ Aug 17 2009, 12:24 PM) R4i-Ultra updating with AK2i Kernel and working on 1.4e DSi YouTube clip

Hendroit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TheDestroyer said:
Hendroit said:

No, you don't need internet connection when updating an Ak2i.
But u need to have wi-fi connection in order to update DSi firmware to 1.4..
But you MUST update the Ak2i first before upgrading to 1.4 firmware if you only have one DSi with you..
Yeah I know thanks for your reply

goosemang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo Danny...BIG Fuckin Thanx team!! Dsi was already udated to 1.4, borrowed my brothers dsl to update which took less than a minute...up and running again! Went back to AKAIO since native acekard sys sucks; works just like it did before...I'm crying tears of joy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol